What affects battle/animation speed? Can I increase it?

Discussion in 'RPG Maker MV' started by fallenlorelei, Nov 13, 2015.

1. fallenlorelei

fallenlorelei Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I recently installed this plugin in order to cap my games at 60 FPS. This is because of the "bug" causing games on 144hz monitors to run incredibly too quickly. While playing on this monitor, I had set all of my events to x4 slower just so they would look relatively normal, not realizing it was my monitor that was causing all of the issues. I installed the plugin to cap the FPS in order to playtest at a "normal" speed that other users will be playing at. I changed all of my events to either "Normal" or "x2 Slower" speed so my cutscenes are now good.

The problem I have now is that my battle events feel incredibly slow after capping the FPS. I don't think it's a relative feeling - as in, I don't think it's slow because I'm used to it being so fast (honestly - skills used to zip by - if you blinked you'd miss them). The animations now takeĀ forever.

I was able to fix all of my events by changing the event speed, but I'm not sure how to speed up battles. I'll press Attack, my character will stand there for a whole second - attack for a whole second - then return. At a snail's pace. It's mildly infuriating haha.

Any help would be great! Thanks!