What are different societal creature races in your fantasy game?

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
In Battle Castle: Shadow From the Past, I have:
Humans
Mountain Folk (similar to orcs from the Elder Scrolls, they are a warrior race who is civilized)
Crystal Elves (elves who have blue hair and eyes, rarely seen anymore, thought to be a myth)
Daemons (basically demons, can look humanoid or not)
Outsiders (interdimensional beings who are constantly at war, some protect worlds while others destroy)

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Goblin: the first race of the new world, created by the angels and reapers as a last ditch effort to get the goddess of life to take notice of this new world through her grief. As such are embued with their determination and desperation to be something worthy of notice.
Humans : the first race created by the goddess, alike in image to those who went before, in the world before the world, and embued with conflicting emotions and constant struggle and cursed with a short lifespan.

Dragons : a now mostly extinct race. But they had a vague society.

Cattai: the descendants of dragons who mated with humans and goblins in a desperate need to save their race. They are long lived, which gives the impression that they are a much older race than they really are.

these are my game races I go back to quite frequently. While I love elves and dwarves and sometimes animal people, I like having a different set of races to play with.

Ellie Jane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (UK)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Now I wanna see a society of dragons.

Kuro DCupu

Trust me, I'm a veteran RMer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Bahasa
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Here's from my world, Enrian...
There's only 4 main races : Human, Anima, Undead, and Arme. But like I said before, they are categorized by their different traits.

HUMAN
The main residence of this world.
Arthallian
Man from Prosperous Kingdom of Arthall. Faithful believer of God of Light and His teaching. Their magic are bless that came from their strong faith to god. They have lotsa strict rules to almost anything.
Ryveran
Man from Republic City of Ryvera. They don't like the idea of binding theirself to this what so called "god". True without those "blessing", they can't wield magic. But they stil have their tool of science and self confidence. Due to the existence of Outsider, their culture and technologies improved a lot.
Northern Folks
A tribe from harsh cold land of the north. Their land was cut off from the rest of the world and only been found out recently. They have outstanding physical strength but cursed to not be able to live outside the cold land. Their tribe worship the Ice Queen and the local undead.
Outsider
Came from another world (yea, "isekaied" people from modern world) through various reason. They are pretty common here. The fact that they came from a world without any mana influence making them already super strong and quick to learn when they come to this world.

ANIMA
Part of nature that born, worship, and receive blessing from the world itself. They may ascend to spirit when receive enlightenment.
Beastkin
Basically animal people, furries family. Unlike other animas, they are open and friendly toward human and their way of life. Through their alliance with Arthallian, they build their own forest kingdom next to them.
Chittin, Featherkin, Scalekin, Seakin
These four tribes are respectively rulers of the darkness insect people, rulers of the sky bird people, rulers of the marsh lizard people, and rulers of the deep sea people. Each hate the other tribe and most of them don't care about human and their complicated life.
Abstract
Natural manifestation of strong concept, belief, or emotion. Mostly don't even have form or even sentient, such as magical object, place, or even thought. Only powerful abstract may gain soul and form.
Spirit
Noble form of all Anima. They become the law or force of nature itself (kind of a god). There can only exist one spirit of corresponding law or force at a time.

UNDEAD
When any living being are out of the natural cycle through some way, they become undead. They are remnants that shouldn't exist. Like somekind of "error" or "exploit" in life. Their
Hollow
Those who live once again after their soul replaced with a fake through magical means. They will function normally, but lose most of their living characteristic, like unable to feel, love, having emotion or desire, etc.
Soulless
Those who live once again without even soul by using corrupted force drawn from outside the cycle. They are magically powerful yet unstable.
Abomination
Mutated living being that gain new life through scientific means. They always hungry, always feels pain, and keep mutating.

ARME
Dawn of machine, beibeeh! They are basically robots.
Toy
The most simple form of arme. They have short but reusable life span powered by their wind-up gear.
Bionic
Machine or robots in any kind of form with sentient thought.
Digital
Cybernetic version of ghost. They could possess any machine and techs.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@cthulhusquid, thank you for letting me know
Mountain Folk (similar to orcs from the Elder Scrolls, they are a warrior race who is civilized)
:kaoblush:Not the old-timer mountain guides.
Outsiders (interdimensional beings who are constantly at war, some protect worlds while others destroy)
I think when they finished their interstellar war, they should clean up their ufos.:kaopride:

@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome, thank you for letting me know.
I hope Goblins in your world don't make a pact with a demon. I am happy with them already. I hope they don't change from light green to dark green to dark grey to red to brown. I am ok with them.

Cattai: the descendants of dragons who mated with humans and goblins in a desperate need to save their race. They are long lived, which gives the impression that they are a much older race than they really are.
I hope Cattai in your world set a decency boundary on matting and bestiality. I understand about the survival reason, but I hope they said no sometimes. Unless they want an interconnected world, where everyone is a family.:LZScat:

@Kuro DCupu, thank you for clarify the response.
Their tribe worship the Ice Queen and the local undead.
What I understand the Ice Queen has control of the Ice. She must be a very rich woman because she has control over the production of ice creams and ice cubes to put in drinking water. Such a successful businesswoman.

ANIMA
Part of nature that born, worship, and receive blessing from the world itself. They may ascend to spirit when receive enlightenment.
I hope Anima is ok and being captured:LZSevil: by summoners [Final Fantasy X]. They will be used from summoning attacks all the time. Sad, I know.

Abomination
Mutated living being that gain new life through scientific means. They always hungry, always feels pain, and keep mutating.
I feel sorry for an individual who owned this thing because they would go bankrupt for buying food from it.

Last edited:

Benny Jackdaw

Ratty!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
my games usually just have anthropomorphic animals in them, sometimes hybrids or Monsters as people. ironically, humans are always remorseless, bloodthirsty monster slayers if I included them, mostly because of how much I hate monster Slayer cliches. I find people that care and protect actual monsters and animals relatable, not people who slay them.

Humans with pointy ears, humans with tails, human doglike race, humans with wings and probably two other races.
I also try to avoid the classic race stuff, so my pointy ears humans are not treelovers, like we are used to from western fantasy.
these days, I refuse to even use the term Elf or dwarf or fairy or vampire or any of the humanoid Races by their name because that is all they are to me. They are minorly altered humans.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
@Kupotepo
Lol. Dragons had the ability to take a non dragon form through their magic, and in my world all dragons are genderless until they find someone they could mate with (then they take on the gender that will allow them to procreate). Those first few generations were a very confusing time for some of the parents as they discovered their husband/wife was not the human/goblin they had believed they were. This genderlessness is a prominate feature in the Cattai race.

As for the Goblins, no races in my world are an 'evil' race, so anyone could make a pact with a demon, though demons in my wider game world are not all black/white good/evil. lol. I've never liked the idea of any one race being the 'bad guys' everyone has that capability, which is why a lot of races and tribes in my gameworlds have individuals and tribes who come from the same belief system etc, but are completely different, some behave in a way we class as evil and are the bad guys in one game, but in another it's another tribe with the same core beliefs but are the good guys.

I am not explaining this well, lol. In a lot of what I write I tend to make humans the bad guys, I like having what is classically know as a bad race, ie orcs, demons etc, be the good guys. lol.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome I fully agree with you on the whole good\evil race thing. Unless the race is nothing but an extension of someone else's will (angels having zero free will in certain faiths, for example), or being nothing more than an expression of an idea or emotion, then a race shouldn't be all good or all evil.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
@Paladin-Cleric of Awesome I fully agree with you on the whole good\evil race thing. Unless the race is nothing but an extension of someone else's will (angels having zero free will in certain faiths, for example), or being nothing more than an expression of an idea or emotion, then a race shouldn't be all good or all evil.
I really cant see Uruk-hai drinking tea with the other races together, even if no wizard controls them.^^

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I really cant see Uruk-hai drinking tea with the other races together, even if no wizard controls them.^^
Seeing as Uruk-hai specifically are bred by a wizard for his specific purose I dont see them doing anything at all without said wizard.
Making them one of those races falling exactly under :
Unless the race is nothing but an extension of someone else's
XD

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Uruk-Hai weren't bred by Saruman alone. The first Uruks came from Mordor, and are known as Black Uruks. No idea what Uruk and Orcish society is like though, so maybe tea parties are a thing and they just act super macho to cover it up. :p

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The first Uruks came from Mordor,
First Uruks undeed, however Uruk-hai (Also called isengarders) were bred by saruman alone actually. They are a hybrid species of uruk (orc) and man(?). They also haven an elvish symbol upon their helmet directly linking them to saruman and their equipement is remarkebly un-orcish as noted by Treebeard (who also wonders if these new orcs are men corrupted, orc/man hybrids and calls them a darkest evil) lol

Uruks and black Uruks are natuve species of Mordor. Uruk-hai however are a man-made hybrid species xD

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Finnuval, are what you said including in the Tokine canonical? I do not know what both of you are talking about. :kaohi:

Last edited:

Frostorm

[]D[][]V[][]D aka "Staf00"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sentient Mortal Races (the "cultured" races)
Humans: Self-explanatory, and the most prolific race in the world. Territorial and expansive and are split between 2 kingdoms (calling it X & Y until I think of names) and various smaller tribes/towns/villages. Kingdom X located more to the west and Kingdom Y located more to the east. Kingdom X neighbors the Orcish Empire, thus adopting certain cultural norms. As such, Kingdom X is militaristic and industrious. Kingdom Y by comparison is much more academic and advanced in the magical arts, and their military/economy/culture reflects this. Kingdom Y is the only Human faction w/ trade relations w/ the High Elves (they are neighbors geographically). Unlike Kingdom X, Kingdom Y has outlawed slavery most likely due to the cultural influence of their Elven neighbors.

Orcs: Warlike and industrious, they often surprise members of other races to be more than mere brutes and savages. Their society had conquered and enslaved Dwarven-kind over a century ago. More recently established strong economic ties w/ the neighboring Kingdom X, despite old grudges w/ the Humans. Kingdom X has taken a liking to buying Dwarves from the Orcs to use as slaves, seeing them as a cheap labor force after seeing the Orcish Empire transform from a formerly primitive collection of tribes to a leading world power by leveraging the Dwarves as a labor force. The Orcish capital also features the Arena, where combatants fight to the death for the audience's entertainment.

Dwarves: As mentioned above, they were conquered by the Orcs and the remainder of their people now live in slavery to the Orcs, usually in incredibly poor living conditions. The ones sold to the Humans are considered lucky, as they hear that the treatment of Dwarf slaves in Kingdom X are better than in the hands of their Orcish masters. Dwarves were also once known to be master smiths, and though some of ancient techniques are now lost, they remain expert smiths and were integral in contributing to the Orcish Empire's military and industrial might. They are also often mocked by the other 3 "cultured" races for being short. In fact, "shorty" "midget" or even just plain "Dwarf" have become common derogatory insults in the present cultural norm.

Elves: Lifespan of ~300 years. They come in 3 subraces...High Elves, Wild Elves, & Moon Elves. Together they form the Elven Triumvirate, a coalition begrudgingly formed 3 centuries ago in reaction to the Humans' alarming rate of growth and expansion. Nowadays, there is a tenuous peace and the High Elves often engage in trade with the Human Kingdoms. The Moon Elves of the colder north, however prefer to keep to themselves, only trading sparingly w/ the other Elven races and no other. The High Elves are considered the greatest mages across the land, especially when it comes to Holy magic. The Wild Elves live near the forests just outside the Human Kingdoms and adjacent to the plains of the Orcish Empire to the west. They are value nature above all else but are also revered hunters. Almost all Elves are disgusted by the enslavement of the Dwarves and idea of slavery in general, but at a personal level are not actually fond of Dwarves themselves, seeing them as short, ugly, hairy, and stinky...basically everything opposite of what Elven culture represents.

Mistfit/Outcast Races (player can choose from these as their main character)
Urk'dorei: Orc/Wild Elf hybrids exist due to the 2 races' close proximity and their shared love for hunting. Though considered abominations by both their parents' societies. They inherit the strengths of both races, embodying the best of both worlds. With superior strength, agility and constitution, they make ideal fighters/combatants.

Dhampir: Born from vampiric lineages, they differ from actual Vampires in that they look pretty much Human and retain their intelligence/sanity/higher brain functions whereas Vampires (Humans turned at some point in their lives) often devolve into mindless monsters. Dhampir do crave blood however, but it is akin to an addiction, not unlike tobacco etc... Dhampir also often have a greater affinity/talent for magic compared to the average Human.

Lycan: Similar to the Dhampir, except born from Werewolf parents. Unlike an actual Werewolf, Lycans can transform at will (with just a bit of practice) regardless of the full moon's presence. Unsurprisingly, Lycans feature superior strength, speed, and senses. Moon Elves consider them an abomination and their existence heresy against the Moon Goddess.

*Note* Dhampir/Vampires & Lycans/Werewolves don't have to be Human in origin. There also exists Elven Vampires or Orcish Werewolves for example. Same extends to their descendants the Dhampir & Lycans.

Immortal Races
Angels
Demons
Nephilim (Angel/Demon hybrids) <- 1 present in starting town and available as a party member
Dragons

Monsters
Vampires
Werewolves
Undead
Ghosts
many more...

So basically, I'm going for a dark/gritty high fantasy setting that features a realistic economy and heavy themes like racism/prejudice/slavery. The player will also be playing the underdog, starting in a small village consisting of the playable races (these outcast races banded together some decades ago and built a small society away from Elves/Humans/Orcs). Therefore, as you adventure through the game, the majority of the world will be AGAINST you.

Last edited:

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@staf00, thank you for your dedication and your time here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

This time around I don't have early access to the new maker, so I have to wait like everyone else to look under the hood. I really hope we get to soon though, I'm pretty excited :D
Chaos17 wrote on Poryg's profile.
Hi, I am following your videos tutorials serie about coding on MV and I am at the third video. Thank you for making it but's a bit hard to follow since you don't show the whole plugin at the end. I had to screenshot the lines between 110-159 because you scrolled so fast on them.
:rtear:
I'm not sure if I should be happy for MZ, or sad for MV.
Not going to lie.... The update's cool and all, but I immediately ran to Mog's site and was like, "Update! Update! Update!" while breathing on the page of his Star Ocean Battle System plugin. :kaoswt:
Ho boi. I can already see the storm of ugly actor faces RTP customizable facesets from MZ are gonna flood. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James1998