What are some art resources you'd like to see more of for game dev?

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is a thread I've been wanting to make since joining this community and enjoying all the amazing assets people have made to aid in game creation or more specifically RM game creation. As someone who has art skills but can never seem to finish a game I felt like I should give back to the community by making art packs that people would find useful for their RM game development, but I always come across the same question: what is lacking in the art resources for RM and what do people want to see more of?
(A big one is probably RTP styled assets, but personally I'm not the best at that and don't enjoy making art in that style)

(this is also not a request thread! this is more of a place where people can say what they'd like to see more of so that creators can grab ideas from here and make stuff in their own time if they want to)

What are some art resources you'd like to see more of for the RM community?
What art resources do you think the community is lacking?

(just realized this might have been better in general discussion)

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Personally, I'd appreciate more animation graphics. Tileset comes as the second. I could deal with the other art resources.

Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Enemy Monsters that match the RTP Actors.

Especially ones that are unique and not homage/tribute: slime, goblin/orc, spider, snake, dragon.

Sugor

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm probably Character animations:
swimming
running
attacking
etc.
For action battle system it's kinda cool hee hee

MrKiwi

No Flying Bird
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
We need kiwis and some flamingos. Its unbelievable that base rpg makers have neither of those, its madness! And maybe a farmer NPC.

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Personally, I would love more modern vehicles. We don't have many of them.

TSR

The Northern Frog
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
More enemies/monsters in the default RMMV style, but less cheezy and a bit more bad ass (ones that actually look like enemies :)).
It would spare me lots of editing (for which I have little patience).

SmashArtist

Lazy Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are all greats points, personally I think there is a large empty space for almost anything in the default "system" folder you barely ever see any balloon icons, damage text, loading screens, windowskins, etc. (except icons, there are whole bunch of icons).
Though maybe it's because they aren't in high demand.

I'd also love to see a new art pack series that sticks to a specific style like Time Fantasy and POP!, I can never get enough of new styled resources to choose from. :kaoluv:

Sunjean

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norvegian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
1 - More npc's like the Hime Sprites. :)
2 - Modular village packs.
3 - Large rocks and boulders pack. !
4 - Animated workbench pack for farming and general rpg games. (like sawmill, pasteurizer, bbq)
5 - Game Genre starter kits/engines. We got Chrono engine, and "Rural Farm pack" has a demo project, but it lack to many features to be a complete "farm" starter engine.

Yes I know number 5 aint "art", but mentioning it anyway :)

Last edited:

EthanFox

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are all greats points, personally I think there is a large empty space for almost anything in the default "system" folder you barely ever see any balloon icons, damage text, loading screens, windowskins, etc. (except icons, there are whole bunch of icons).
Though maybe it's because they aren't in high demand.
Actually, I would love a bunch more bubble emotes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

As for the Coronavirus? Well: "People that spend their life avoiding death are already dead (they're also rich, and I like to spend my life with their money.)"
- R. Sanchez, "Edge of Tomorty: Rick, Die, Repeat"
making pierogi and corrupting my game files wbu
Trying to regain my will to work on maps T_T
I miss working in rpgmaker but I can only do one thing at a time. Maybe after drawing lessons I can come back.
Ever have a day like... you play minesweeper and your very first click is always a mine?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cithiri