what are some rpg maker game with beautiful mapping?

gothicmiriel

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
i just want to play some pretty games haha

Pots Talos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Is it bad if I shamelessly plug my game, The Great Gaias?
I think our exterior town maps are our best looking maps with our interior maps being the weakest.

The game we are working on now, "Gjallarhorn" will have great looking maps all around. We are beefing up the graphics all over but we won't have a demo out until next year.

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
General Discussion is about broad themes relating to the making of games, not for requesting suggestions of games to play.

[move]Video Games[/move]
One thing to bear in mind about 'beautiful' maps (apart from the fact that tastes/genres differ wildly) is that you can have maps which are very pleasing to look at, but which fail dismally as maps by being e.g. hard to navigate, or with only a single pre-determined path across them, so no exploring. I have played games which really were delightful visually, but atrocious to play.

CapnZach

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The Amber Throne by Joshua Missile is a beautifully hand drawn game with vast swirling deserts and skies dominated by flying ships.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My only regret is the portal mirror effect is too subtle to show up in these GIFs. It probably just needs more sparkles. :LZSwink:
Microsoft: Hey, let's waste money advertising the Xbox Series X when nobody has any in stock, we don't seem to be making more, we aren't taking preorders and you can't get on a waiting list. BEST. IDEA. EVER.
So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inkdrips