What are the Best games you all have played?

Amagner

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Hello! 

So I have a library of games from multiple generations of consoles, Atari to PS4 I have played and collected tons of games over the years and I am curious to what people have in their list as the best games of all time. Could be current or could be past games. Can go by consoles or just one sole game for now. I want to know all the best games so I can explore those as well and see why this game touched you to make that opinion. Here is my list!

Mass Effect 2: I have played the whole series and all of the DLC of each mass effect but let me tell you this sequel is by far the best. With Tons of story, characters, Side quests, and the most epic suicide mission that has so many consequences I have never experienced a game quite as this one in a long time. The story is what driven this outlook on the game for me not only the main quest but the world and characters themselves. How creative it was to make sure that you can learn every detail of this vast universe of a game. I will forever put this as the top of my list for time to come.

I will only put one for now :D  

Niten Ichi Ryu

Grey Lords Emissary
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Any civilization.

Crabs

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I was introduced to games when I got a super nintendo. But, even though I love old school games, my favorite one is Dragon Age: Origins.

Mister.Right

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
FFVII

Chrono Trigger

Fire Emblem NES

Seiken Densetsu aka Secret of Mana 4 NES

Twisted Metal PS1

Secret Mana

Secret of Evermore

FFVIII

And other NES and PS1 I can't remember which attached to my childhood.

Amagner

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Those are a lot of awesome ones

Another one I enjoyed was 

Oblivion on Xbox 360 but that stole my soul for 2 years straight like what was social life?

Seerfree

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
One of my favourite games is Rune Factory 4. Partly because it's everything I could want in a game, though that's not a surprise considering the amount of features that game has. That's one of the reasons I like it, there are just so many things to do and so much content, with dungeons to explore, multiple crafting systems, friendship/romance with townsfolk, and farming, and in my opinion every single one of those things is done very well. Not to mention beautiful art and anime cutscenes, because come on anime cutscenes are fun haha. It's a highly enjoyable experience, and probably one of the things I've poured the most hours into (and yet I've still never finished it or gotten close to doing all there is to do!). Also has nice humour and is just entertaining in general.

There's also the Dragon Age series, though I've only played Origins and Inquisition. Particularly for the character writing, especially in Origins; I find them very well-written and rounded characters, and very entertaining to adventure with. 

HexMozart88

The Master of Random Garbage
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Man... uh, I'd have to say VVVVVV (I'm a super indie game nerd) and... I remember liking Sonic Colors, and Sonic Adventure. I really don't know. I don't play that many games anymore. Drawn to Life was also pretty good, and sad. 

KuluGary

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
I wouldn't say best but my favourtie would be in no order:

Undertale

Super Mario Sunshine

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon

Dark Souls

The Witcher saga

Mario Party

Wakfu

They are all pretty old or indie but what can I say I don't play much games anymore.

Sharm

Pixel Tile Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Chrono Trigger

All the Mana games

All the Zelda games

Professor Layton series (I'm a sucker for a good puzzle)

The Mighty Palm

Resident Palm Tree
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Dragon's Dogma A really fun game that is challenging as heck the first 1-4 playthroughs, but eventually you 
just become godlike and it becomes a game of "how fast can I beat this" (for me anyway) if you buy it, get the Dark Arisen version. 
The original version is unplayable in comparison.

Summon Night 2: Swordcraft Story for the GBA. Really fun and really simple, has a LMBS 
similar to the early Tales of Games, likeable characters, and is short with great replayability. The first one is good too, but the second has a Giant. Mech. Battle.

Phoenix Wright Series must plays for everyone. The biggest downside to these games is that you cannot play them for the first time twice.
I believe they're also available on some mobile platforms now and the entire original trilogy is on the 3DS E-shop.

Medieval 2: Total War maybe not the best action strategy game, but one of the coolest. My pc isnt good enough to run Rome 2 and upwards so I cant say how they are, but M2TW is a game that I keep getting drawn back too. After playing it several times, I still find it challenging and fun. (dayum you Timur the Lame)

I could go on but I'd take up a huge chunk of webpage so I'll stop here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The original Deus Ex will always hold a special place in my heart, being one of the first RPGs I've ever played and absorbing me into such a rich sci-fi world with so many choices and consequences. To this day, it still inspires to some degree virtually every sci-fi game I make. I also really enjoyed Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Haven't yet played Mankind Divided, but I intend to.

Titan Quest and its expansion Immortal Throne is probably the game I've spent the most hours of my life in. That game is probably my favourite among dungeon crawlers, mostly because of my love for Greek mythology, and also because of how many different character classes the game potentially lets you to try out and how diverse you can make all these builds. So much fun experimenting with all the different character builds and tackling challenging bosses with them.

Other games I always mention as among my most favourites: Skyrim, Half Life 2, Portal 2, Mass Effect series, Dark Souls, Trine series, Castlevania series, and so on.

walkinthru

Final Boss?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If we had to go with of all time, I'd say Dark cloud 2. It was probably the most ambitious ps2 rpg title I've ever. Even by today's standards I still think it was fairly ambitious.

Dreadshadow

Lv 38 Tech Magician
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, thing is that I remember a LOT of games that were beloved.

Some were well known, while others were really unknown to most of other people.

I will present you my favorites like this:

System : Game title

Everything in a spoiler cause it is a big list.

Coin-op Arcade: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs

Coin-op Arcade: Pac Man

Coin-op Arcade: Bubble Bobble

Coin-op Arcade: Super Sidekicks 2

Coin-op Arcade: Super Sidekicks 3

Emerson Arcadia 2001: Escape

Emerson Arcadia 2001: Cat trax

Commodore Amiga: Lotus III

Commodore Amiga: K - 240

Commodore Amiga: Dune II

Commodore Amiga: Chaos Engine

Commodore Amiga: F - 19 Stealth Fighter

Commodore Amiga: Baby Jo in Going Home

Commodore Amiga: Superfrog

Commodore Amiga: Second Samurai

Commodore Amiga: Mortal Kombat II

Commodore Amiga: Elvira: Mistress of the Dark (The first person RPG)\

Commodore Amiga: Dungeon Master

Commodore Amiga: Loom

Commodore Amiga: Wing Commander

Commodore Amiga: The Secret of Monkey Island

Commodore Amiga: Zak McKracken and the Alien Mindbenders

Commodore Amiga: Ufo: Enemy Unknown (X-COM Ufo Defense for PC)

Super NES: Final Fantasy III

Super NES: Chrono Trigger

Sega Genesis: Sonic 2

Sony Playstation: Final Fantasy VII

Sony Playstation: Gran Turismo

Sony Playstation: Final Fantasy VIII

PC: Heroes of Might and Magic II

PC: Heroes of Might and Magic III

PC: Heroes of Might and Magic IV

PC: Bastion

PC: Transistor

PC: Terraria

PC: Starbound

PC: Mass Effect

PC: Mass Effect 2 (I haven't played 3 yet)

PC: Starbound

PC: Euro Truck Simulator 2

PC: Minecraft

PC: Left 4 Dead 2

PC: F.E.A.R.

PC: Half Life 2

PC: Team Fortress 2

PC: L.A. Noire

PC: Diablo 2

PC: Neverwinter Nights

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've lost interest in video games as an old man. I will play about 20-50 seconds of any game and then suffer a great lethargy and quit playing. It feels like a chore to play them.

Side note: I've also lost interest in all TV and movies and I can only read one fiction book that I bought on Amazon.

I can't play the RPG Maker games here either even though I try to force myself to suppress my boredom.

And yet there is only one game in the whole world that can shine a glimmer of hope into my neuroleptic induced deep depression...

I play it start to finish and then the bonus quest start to finish... All day long...

It's Kirby's Adventure for NES.

Kirby's Adventure is no doubt the greatest game of all time. We all know that.

Mister.Right

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I've lost interest in video games as an old man. I will play about 20-50 seconds of any game and then suffer a great lethargy and quit playing. It feels like a chore to play them.

Side note: I've also lost interest in all TV and movies and I can only read one fiction book that I bought on Amazon.

I can't play the RPG Maker games here either even though I try to force myself to suppress my boredom.

And yet there is only one game in the whole world that can shine a glimmer of hope into my neuroleptic induced deep depression...

I play it start to finish and then the bonus quest start to finish... All day long...

It's Kirby's Adventure for NES.

Kirby's Adventure is no doubt the greatest game of all time. We all know that.

Same here, I feel like forcing myself when I play any game though I am not old yet. Now, all I do is browsing the internet or watch youtube. Weekend just shopping and coocking and sleeping. Seems there's shift in human's brain as we grow old.

lolshtar

Master of Magic thatknow nospell
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Sengoku Rance

Tribes: Ascend

Left 4 Dead

Diablo 2

Cr1t1cal

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Most of my game are played on pc but Two of my most played games tbh are free 2 play on steam which are

WarFrame it's like a sci-fi mmo.

WarThunder a world war 2 dogfighting and tanks battles waiting on battleships

Then probably The witcher 3 

Assassins creed black flag

Arc (sandbox survival with dinosaurs)

And as for handheld games 

Blazblue for android/ios

Hit for android/ios

And yes Pokemon firered for gba emulator 

Oh and zelda lol

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On a whim I finally got Undertale about two days ago because it was 50% off on Steam and because I was already aware of it through Tumblr zeitgeist. It was fun. I already won it twice. (I had to do it a second time without killing anybody) I think my old man video game drought finally got a glass of water. It's nice to see a SuperNintendo-esque RPG in this the era of time. I think I found a new Kirby's Adventure.

Larry Jones

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First off, Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie. Thus my avatar and so on. I absolutely love everything about it - the gameplay, the humour, the characters, the music ...

Then like @lolshtar I would say Left 4 Dead (or Left 4 Dead 2 - they've kind of both been combined into the second game now). I've played many, MANY hours on this game, first off on the Xbox 360, then on the PC. Every now and again I go through phases where I play it really obsessively. The strangest thing is I have a very extreme addiction to just ONE MAP - the first one, No Mercy. I've obviously played all of them and sometimes play in others, but for some bizarre reason I only ever really want to play No Mercy. Hundreds of times. Yeah, I'm strange. :)

Next I'd say Fallout 3 and possibly Fallout: New Vegas. The thing is, the feeling I got when playing Fallout 3 for the first time was very unique. I adored the atmosphere and the music - very quirky, and the gameplay was great too. I really felt like I was opening myself up to a new world to be immersed in.

I'm not sure what these games have in common (which might be the next interesting question) and/or what their differences are. I suppose they all have a degree of absurdity and humour, but I think their gameplay mechanics are pretty different ... Either way, these are the first three that spring to mind. But I may return to this thread, if and when I think of others.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Babbaditch Finster and the Seven-Sided Cube has got to be one of my favorite classic games that didn't exist when I was kid, or ever
My tutorial about frankenspriting is now online :3 Any topic you would like to see next?
Stuffing three people in a room and thinking they'll study together is so wrong XD I don't get how people do group studies. We just end up gossiping about everything except studying lol
Been parallax mapping nigh all night. :D
2nd character based on the same random inputs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chaloyaarchal