What are the Best games you all have played?

SeaPhoenix

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
These are the games I really liked and replayed several times:

X-COM (the original 1994 release)

Rune Factory: Frontier

Atelier Totori

Heroes of Might and Magic III

Tropico (any in the series)

Theme Hospital

Majesty 2

Fallout and Fallout 2 (the original 1997/1998 releases)

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

Civilization III

Romance of the Three Kingdoms (multiple versions on the PC)

Big Brain Academy

The Secret of Monkey Island (played back in the days without Internet, and so I was stuck on one particular part of the game for years...)

I'm sad that I don't find modern games as compelling now, though I think it's super fun to make my own game.

Rayhaku808

Chubbizard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sengoku Rance
;)  I kinda feel like Eiyuu Senki took inspiration and made a better version.

-------------------------------------------

now for my list. Guess I'll start from my childhood and work my way up to now.

The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse (SNES)

Digimon World (PS)

Digimon Card Battle (PS)

Pokemon G/S/C (GBC)

Robopon (GBC)

Ogre Battle 64 (N64)

Pokemon Stadium (N64)

Zelda Majora's Mask (N64)

Dot Hack (PS2)

Dynasty Warriors 4 (PS2)

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 (PS2)

Romance of the Three Kingdoms XI (PS2)

Soul Calibur 3 (PS2)

Gotcha Force (GC)

Super Smash Bros. Melee (GC)

Zoids Legends (GC)

Robotech Battlecry (GC)

Soul Calibur 2 (GC)

Tales of Symphonia (GC)

Wii Sports (Wii)

Fire Emblem Blazing Sword & Sacred Stones (GBA)

Megaman Battle Network 2, 3, 5 (GBA)

Jump Ultimate Stars (DS)

Custom Robo (GC) (DS)

Final Fantasy Dissidia Duodecim (PSP)

Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce (PS3)

Assassin's Creed 2 (PS3)

MAG (PS3)

Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)

Super Smash Bros. Wii U (Wii U)

GunZ the Duel (PC)

TS Online (PC)

World of Warcraft Wrath of the Lich King (PC)

Dungeon Defenders (PC)

That was supposed to only be some... And this is really messy. I'll do spoiler tags when I get home to my computer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mykhayl

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I don't know what are you talking about, but there is only one game that it's the best of all the time KINGDOM HEARTS!

mogwai

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a fan of the Kingdom Hearts universe, like I love Square and Disney and if there was a Kingdom Hearts animated movie for theaters I'd go and watch, but when I play the Playstation game I'm disappointed. I got to the Tarzan stage and I just lost all motivation to keep playing it. It's too tedious or something, I don't know.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mount & Blade probably has to top the list for me, with Crusader Kings II a close second. I still go back to both of those games, regardless of the hundreds of hours I've already wasted on them over the years.

BWright

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pretty much any of the Mario games, I'm a fool for the old ones though. Give me Super Mario Bros. anytime of the day!

Clades

doesn't exist
Reaction score
First Language
german
Primarily Uses
N/A
Xenoblade Chronicles:

It is one of the best games, that the Wii offers! Amazing story-telling, fantastic gameplay (even the battlesystem may be difficult at the first moment), awesome soundtrack and a lot to explore! The characters appeared naturally and not over hyped or exaggerated. I was so fascinated about it that I'm looking forward for the new one!

Fire Emblem Fates:

Fantastic combination of strategy- and roleplaying game. I played it every time I could. With its Avatar-, marriage- and children-features it allows a lot of skills-combinations, more than in Awakening. And you have never the problem with weapon-fading (except the staffs). All three campaigns (Birthright, Conquest and Revelation) tell a great story. I played every campaign and in my opinion, who ever played only one campaign, he/she didn't play the whole game. There is much more behind it!

Panzer Dragoon Saga:

This masterpiece deserves more attention than it got. Fantastic RPG for the Sega Saturn with interesting story. Even it is very expensive and rare, if you have a Sega Saturn at home, give this game definitely a try!

Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night:

Nice game for the PS1! Fantastic platform-adventure game with RPG-elements, beautiful soundtrack and a lot to explore!

Spoiler: Did you know, that this game has a second castle with a complete set of new levels? If not, you have to check it out! ;)

Legend Of Zelda: Majoras Mask:

I know Ocarina Of Time is also a great adventure-game, where you can a lot to explore, fight etc.. First I couldn't choose between Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask, but in the end Majoras Mask won, because it's darker and is more like a tragedy (compared to Ocarina Of Time): Everyone has his/her problems and/or suffers. And you can help them, but some of them you can help on special days (for example to get a specific item for someone and give it to him/her on a special day) or its a quest that takes all three days. It may be a long process to know what happens to which time, but after time you know how to handle the events on the three days.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
XCOM: Apocalypse (third of the original XCOM series) and Ultima 4 come to mind for me.

Udumori

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Natural Doctrine:

Despite its shortcomings, this is one of the most memorable games I have played to date.

I think about how fantastic it would be if the game got ported to PC, had a sequel, or someone else made a similar game.

The entire gameplay system is unintuitive at first, but man is it an absolute blast once you learn the intricacies. Too much so, that I'm unable to play most simple Turn-based Strategy games anymore. The dotarded difficulty-level and lack of any clear guidance killed this game on arrival, which is a pity.

The Co-op and PVP multiplayer is what I enjoyed the most. You collect different units with variable rarities which determine their stats, equips, and skills. Then you create squads of your units based on size, slot numbers, and point restrictions, to battle with.

In fact, if anybody wants to play the game together, I'm down for it. Just PM me.

Secret of Evermore:

A Gem of an RPG. The gameplay is real-time action but not mindless mashing. The story and worldview is fascinating, with elements including: dinosaurs and man, a great deluge, pyramidal core, usurping impostors, AI overthrow, not everyone has the same origins, etc. Even more, at no point was the story convoluted. The puzzles are challenging and require some thinking out-of-the-box at times. In fact, I got stuck for days on end at two spots each. A fun, charming, and impressive classic.

Rogue Galaxy:

A deeply flawed yet enjoyable game that can take a very long time to finish.

Reapergurl

Drummer Extraordinaire! xD
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
Other
I had mentioned many of my favorites in the worst games of all time thread.

Gaming: A Love/Hate Relationship (there should be a game like this).

So, let us see...

Tetris

Mario Series

Dr. Mario

Zelda Series

Final Fantasy Series

Sonic Series

Tony Hawk Series

Gran Turismo Series

Intelligent Qube

Road Rash

Guitar Hero Series

Rock Band Series

Phase Shift

God of War Series

Nebula Fighter

Raptor Call of the Shadows

Hoyle PC Games

Incredible Machine Series

Little Big Planet

and that's just a few.

LxCharon

I'm the best hyperbole writer in the world.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My all time favorite game is easily Final Fantasy VI. I love it, the story, the characters, the visuals, the combat, while it does have it's own weaknesses, it's still an absolutely fantastic game, and the best Final Fantasy to date. I know it's been said a thousand times so I won't elaborate anymore here. In the Final Fantasy series my second favorite with XII, which I know isn't a oft-shared sentiment but I could go on and on about why XII is amazing and one of the best FF games out there.

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night is a game I keep coming back to time and time again, I love it so. The pixel work in it is top notch, the aesthetic is nigh perfect. The gameplay is fun and fast, and the level design is great. There is definitely a balance issue later in the game when everything becomes a cakewalk because you are so over powered, but just about everything else about the game is magnificent. If you are ever looking for a game that will teach you how to style your game and carry an aesthetic all the way through to the menu look no further.

The Legend of Zelda series is my favorite game series, though choosing a favorite game from there is difficult. Ocarina of Time is good, though I think Twilight Princess takes everything about Ocarina and makes it better. The criminally underrated Oracle games are so well done it's hard to believe that they're made from a different company. Links Awakening is great as well. UGH! It's so hard to choose, each game does different things well.

Now, if you are looking for story and character interaction Shadowrun: Hong Kong is like magic. I can't think of a game in recent memory that made me feel giddy and excited about my character choices. I keep looking to that game as I write dialogue tries in my game. The graphics are great too, I love the use of color.

Honorable Mentions include:

Pokemon: who, if anyone knows me knows I'm a pokemon fan, I request off the day the games come out, I have played every main game all the way through multiple times, I have a pokemon wallpaper on my phone, and I'm pretty active on Bulbapedia. I'm a huuuuuuuge pokemon nerd, more so than any other game. But I also know the faults of Pokemon and as much as I love them I don't know if I could call any of them my favorite game.

Kingdom Hearts, my friends consider me a master of the lore in this series, I have played every game, and I have to admit Kingdom Hearts used to be my favorite game series of all time. But as I get older I keep finding more and more glaring problems in the series. While I still love it, it doesn't hold the place in my heart that it used to.

pamoire

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Story, characters, lore and art are my usual top factors in picking games. I tend to overlook the shortcomings of the gameplay when I'm too drunk on love with what I mentioned haha.

Final Fantasy 9 will always have a special place in my heart. I still cry every time at the ending.

Tactics War of the Lions and Tactics Ogre captivated me with the story and conflicts, not to mention the elegant art style. 

Bravely Default. Yeah, I know it was painfully repetitive, glad they sorta fixed it with Bravely Second. Can't wait for the third game. All because of Ringabel.

The others are FF12, Dreamfall trilogy, life sim games and the horror genre (such as fatal frame, silent hill, rule of rose, indie rpg maker games, etc)

LxCharon

I'm the best hyperbole writer in the world.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@pamoire I'm so glad you're a ff9 and 12 fan! I love both of those and I feel they both get the short end of the stick by fans!

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nier: Masterful world building, characterization, writing... It takes risks, and just has sort of a brilliant eccentricity. Also just downright gorgeous music.

Kyoku

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All the Rune Factory games

All the Harvest Moon games

All the Pokémon games that let you run

Fantasy Life and Tomodachi Life

PokéPark Wii: Pikachu's Adventure and PokéPark 2: Wonders Beyond

My Sims, My Sims Kingdom, and My Sims Agents ( these were the games that had little chibi square heads )

There are probably more, but my memory is bad...

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This is no particular order. It's not possible for me to list all the games I've played and loved but I consider this a short list of games I've played several times over and over again and consider influences.
  • Legend of Zelda, particularly Majora's Mask and Wind Waker
  • Pokemon, particularly HGSS
  • Banjo Kazooie/Tooie
  • Paper Mario
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Final Fantasy, particularly 4, 6, 9 and I'm a huge sucker for Crystal Chronicles
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Super Mario 64, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Star Fox 64
  • Super Smash Brother's series
  • Soul Calibur, particularly 3
  • Earthbound and Mother 3
  • Kirby Superstar
  • Donkey Kong Country, all three
  • Fire Emblem
  • Tales of Symphonia
  • Baten Kaitos

jezebelthenun

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Dragon Age: Origins
FF VIII
FF X
Dark Cloud 2 (Infinite replayability, in my opinion, and the best video game soundtrack ever!)
The Bard's Tale
Summoner 2

Kogemashita

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Easily paper mario TTYD. Battle system was amazing and actually skill based. The fact that no matter who you were facing, there was the possibility that if your timing is perfect enough than you could take no damage. Also the artstyle still stands to this day and the story is fun and engaging :D

BoredSoul

Probably Drunk
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'll list my top 5
1.Boring Man
2.The Walking Dead
3.Brawlhalla
4.Erayu
5.idk, Star Wars Battlefront I guess?

Zelda

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My favourite games haven't changed since over 17 years ago, so I have a quick top 5 that will likely always be my 5 favourite games.

#1 Diablo II - Best pvp game ever made. I love the Necromancer.

#2 Warcraft II - Just another game I spent years playing as a kid.

#3 Unreal Tournament 99' - Best fps game. Not to mention every Q3/UT player gets called a hacker elsewhere as we simply had to be faster than everyone these days need to be in a an fps game to be good.

#4 The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - One of the first games I ever played and I've always loved it.

#5 Chrono Trigger - My primary reason for always loving the game is Magus.

League of Legends is the only game I've ever thought about including into the list due to the fact I've been playing it 5+ years now. Really the only thing that keeps me from adding it in there is that it is more of a team focused game rather than a skill based 1v1 pvp or free for all pvp game. I don't mind team based games, but I dislike when a game puts too much focus on the team aspect to keep someone from winning even if they're better than everyone else in that particular game. For example in an FPS game, you can play team death match and have the worst teammates in the world, but if you're better than everyone else in that specific game you're likely still going to win. (Keeping in mind that in regards to League I am referring to high elo, not low elo because anyone can solo carry there.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

After 5 days, it only need some more details, a few places to furnish and it's done.
I can start the eventing :3
(For the no travel jam)
I feel like I'm living in a ghost town.
Tried playing Panzer Dragoon Remake to fill the empty hole in my heart due to no Star Fox on Switch. Finished it with an even bigger hole. Nothing compares to Star Fox :'(
Is there not a police Character sprite for mv?
... finally, I think I'm making progress with this lookwise. and I even have custom ATB gauges.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ankh9z