What Are The Best Quest Systems Available

Discussion in 'JS Plugin Requests' started by MattNJ89, Feb 10, 2019.

1. MattNJ89

MattNJ89 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    What are the best current quest systems available for RPG Maker MV 1.6.1?

2. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    The ones that will do exactly what you need in your quest system.

You might need to be more specific about your requirements. "Best" is a subjective term and depends on what each person wants from it - and what someone else wants and what you want may be completely different things.

3. hiddenone

hiddenone Lurker Extraordinaire Moderator

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Resource Requests is for art resources, not for system/plugin requests.

I've moved this thread to JS Plugin Requests. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

4. MattNJ89

MattNJ89 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I want a simple and attractive looking quest system that can be used in Windows, Mac, Android, and ios games.

5. Shaz

Shaz Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    There are a number of quest systems out there and they are very different. You need to define your requirements. "simple and attractive looking" is not useful - you need to list the functionality you want it to have.

Do you need to be able to differentiate between complete and incomplete quests?
    Do you need to be able to differentiate between mandatory and optional/side quests?
    What do you want the quest window to look like?
    Do you want to have a list of steps for each quest with all the details, and should the list reflect whether the step has been done or not, or do you just want a one-line per quest?

You need to be more specific, otherwise you could end up with something completely unlike what you want.

Have you searched already? What did you come up with on your own?

6. winkr7

winkr7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I used Galv's quest and Yanfly's. Yanfly's is the better of the two and with the new addin that allows you to enter a variable in plugin call it works quiet well. You can pick the icon for completed and open quests etc so it can be made to look the way you want. You can have a little "current quest" window open up when the quest is...current. It tracks rewards and has subquests etc. It is completely compatable with all of the other yanfly plugins.

7. MattNJ89

MattNJ89 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I would like to differentiate between complete and incomplete quests, mandatory and optional quests, I would like a quest window accessible from within the game menu, and I want my quests to be able to optionally have a set of steps to be completed in order to complete the quest.

I have not done my own quest engine search on my own yet. I appreciate any help.

Thanks! I will check the Yanfly and Galv quest systems out.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019