What are the differences between autotiles?

MilesLaer

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
deutsch(german)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey people,

first I already read a bit about tiles in itself in How to determine your TileID.

What I wanted to know is are there differences between the 3 types (floor, wall, waterfall) how Llareian explained it or could you group tiles differently. One obvious one would be that A1 floor types are animated and therfore have actually 3 tiles asigned to them. Also the upper left quarter of A1 is connected to each other: The first floor type can also be a frame for the other parts.

So what I wanted to know is, are there other parts I should be aware of while editing the .png's. For example do the floor types and wall types of A2, A3 and A4 behave the same?

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yes, there are other effects coded in.
the full list can be found in the help files under asset descriptions

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Generally, that's about right. The only thing I'd add is that the left half of A2 fully overwrites whatever's beneath it while the right half of A2 can be drawn over other A tiles. As such, transparency/partial transparency works really well with the right half of A2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Degica has discounts on Humble for games and older Makers. I don't know which A-train to choose. :-D
Hey, uh...refresh my memory. What do i do if I want a thread I made deleted?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
XenoCore