Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Punamaagi, thank you for your input and hope for your success.
@Ventusgermany, thank you for your response and show me the amazing picture.
Sorry, the polls only allow me to put only ten choices. However, you could pick the number if you would like. I will do a hand count when it is the time and posted here.

Wow, it is impressive that many people here are emotionally deep people. I guess I am shallow. However, it is good to learn about people's processing. Thank you.

Last edited:

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV

RachelCantFocus

Your local internet art dealer.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Shame Cupcakes are not an option lol.
I said Love because my game is kind of like a slice of life with a focus on friendship and relationships(and cupcakes).

Last edited:

OktoberLove

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Great post! I’m currently working on a small project called “Take To The Wind” which deals heavily on death and the journey towards reincarnation. It shows that death isn’t so much a negative as it is a natural process of the universe.

RachelCantFocus

Your local internet art dealer.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I love your profile pic! I'm not entirely caught up with the show because I have the memory of a goldfish and keep forgetting to but I love Tom. Anyway, your game sounds cool!

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My game has a lot of religious symbolism in it so it's theme borrows from the themes that the Old and New Testament seek to answer.

I will usually begin with theme before sitting down to figure out characters and plot. What am I trying to say with the story I'm trying to tell? And what's the lesson that the main character needs to learn, which is ultimately the theme. Once I figure that out, I know who the best main character would be for this story.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I clicked on justice and power & corruption, individual v. society. For some reason, I always go to the 'regular joe versus the man' type of story when I think up a fiction. I am a fan of history and psychology, so I am super intrigued by the way people behave when faced with a trial that challenges, not only their own belief system, but also the society norms that exist within the context of the story.

daheji

Call me Dah
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I clicked on Love, Sacrifice, Death and Perseverance. I wish there was Youth too. xD

Youth: The main characters in Version Fille are highschool girls. Most of them are just having puberty. Sometimes they do stupid stuff like every young people do, sometimes they struggle with more serious problem, overcome them and grow up. But most of the time, they really are just being stupid and edgy.

Love: One of the main plot point in Version Fille is motherly love, what it is to be loved unconditionally, even if you're not blood related and what it is to be ignored or abandoned at birth. Mothers have a huge role in Version Fille, and there are many types of them in it!

Perseverance and Sacrifice: Well, in Version Fille, it's more like fighting your own fate. Trying to change your future or the future of those you love by sacrificing yourself or making the whole world your enemy. It's like "Even if the world is against you, never give up." or "Even if the world is against you, I will be your friend!".

Death: In Version Fille, all humans are protected and can only die because of old age. But some characters are cursed and die early, others are cursed and are immortal and just want to die. How the characters that are still alive and well deal with it is one of the main plot too !

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
All of them. But if I had to pick one main theme its one not on the list :
Personal growth.

My main protag experiences all these themes and it is about how he deals with them, llearns from them and grows with them. How his decisions in facing these themes shape him as a person and the influence this has on the immediatly world around him.

Thats what I do anyway xD

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You thought of a lot of the common themes in media - very nice job on that - although one very prominent one (especially within gaming) that you missed is Friendship. As a theme, it's not the characters merely having friendship with each other, but it's when the work explores what that friendship means to the characters, and where either the narrative or the characters themselves reflect on how their friendship changes them as people.

One of my own games has a pretty silly (but undeniably fun) theme, which could be summed up as 'Video Games are Great'. Yes, that's the game's theme! It's a sort-of-isekai that takes place in a video game world, where the world actually acts like a video game (and the presentation tends to match it), the characters certainly notice it, and even have friendly arguments along the way about why they're enjoying it so much.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Wavelength, I put friendship in the love theme [affection/caring] because I cannot edit the polls and limits space. Sorry about that.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Friendships, Heroism and Good vs Evil are themes I work with and like seeing in games the most. I like simple, but feel-good stories where heroes triumph over evil.

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Bold of you to assume we're all making RPG's.
If I were though, it'd be about death.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@FleshToDust, thank you for stopping by. I like your youtube channel.
Bold of you to assume we're all making RPG's.
It is a starting point of discussion. I do not think if I discuss other game developing software that are not relating to the company. I will be allowed to talk about it in detail.

Just make sure of I am not misunderstood. You mean genres, right. Then I agree with you about their many types of games. I agree with you that some people here are YouTubers, a streamer, and a player. Still, I am welcome anyone regardless of their profession and thankful for taking the survey. My approach is two sides of the coin, but it is still the same coin.

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kupotepo I meant we're all using rpg maker but we may not all be making rpg's with it. Many people are making horror games and visual novels as well.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@FleshToDust, I refer to any products of KADOKAWA, sorry. That is what I mean.
You mean genres, right.
I agree with you. Sorry, I say it in a weird way. Such as action, stealth, survival horror, visual novels, MMORPG, Tactical RPG, First-person party-based RPG, Casual, and Tower defense. I hope you understand what I said. I think you agree with what said. I hope you understand me better now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@FleshToDust, than you for expression your though. I appreciate your interaction with me.
@RachelCantFocus, thank you for your though.
Shame Cupcakes are not an option lol.
That is funny.

@rue669, thank you for sharing your thought with us here.
My game has a lot of religious symbolism in it so it's theme borrows from the themes that the Old and New Testament seek to answer.
It is not wrong with that. We need to find inspiration somewhere right.

Last edited:

FleshToDust

I make youtube videos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah no worries. Language barrier is all.
I picked Death in the survey. I find the afterlife really intriguing.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@HumanNinjaToo, thank you for taking the survey and let your voice heard.
For some reason, I always go to the 'regular joe versus the man' type of story when I think up a fiction. I am a fan of history and psychology, so I am super intrigued by the way people behave when faced with a trial that challenges, not only their own belief system, but also the society norms that exist within the context of the story.
I am never thinking deep about the subject before. It is interesting. When writing about a person versus a person, the writer has clear enemy/villain in the story. But when writing about a person versus a social structure, the story now has no clear enemy/villain. "Once a building was crumble down, a new one builds upon it." Is my writing in the form of analog ok?
I refer to the perpetuation of institutions
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@daheji, thank you for taking your time and let your voice heard. Thank you for taking the extra time to explain in better detail.

Sometimes they do stupid stuff like every young people do, sometimes they struggle with more serious problem, overcome them and grow up. But most of the time, they really are just being stupid and edgy.
I agree with you stupidity is a serious problem. It is a real problem.

Mothers have a huge role in Version Fille, and there are many types of them in it!
Wow, it is an amazing theme about parenthood and reflection in our life.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Finnuval, thank you for sharing your thought with me.
Personal growth.
That is true. I think personal growth theme has some degree of come of age theme [maturing not only physically, but emotionally] and self-discovery theme[learn to be happy with yourself]. Next time, when I came up with something, I will ask you because you find someway to think outside the box.
Trying to change your future or the future of those you love by sacrificing yourself or making the whole world your enemy.
It is a nice message. That's how a new idea bloom.

But some characters are cursed and die early, others are cursed and are immortal and just want to die.
Wow wow, that is actually a good theme. We want things that we cannot have like dogs howl at the moon.

@Wavelength, thank you for taking the time out of busy moderating to taking my survey.
friendly arguments along the way about why they're enjoying it so much.
Actually, you have the theme in your game. Having fun while we have a chance. Life is too short. Is my guessing correct?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Milennin, thank you for expressing your though.

Friendships, Heroism and Good vs Evil are themes I work with and like seeing in games the most. I like simple, but feel-good stories where heroes triumph over evil.
Noting wrong with that. Whatever your free will wants to pursue.

Last edited:

ave36

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The main theme of Legend of Terra Firma is Technology vs Magic. The coming world of reason, science and organized human society vs the dying world of gods, magical monsters, elves, dragons and prophecies. It's a common theme in fantasy to sympathesize with the "Magic" side going back to Lord of the Rings, but in Legend of Terra Firma, both sides are grey vs gray. The world of magic has wise old wizards and elven queens, but it also has prophecies of apocalypse, dark gods and destroyer messiahs; the world of science has indoor plumbing, tasty canned foods and public transport, but it also has weapons of mass destruction, secret police and government conspiracies. Eventually it boils down to "A government conspiracy that wants bring Terra Firma into modernity, no matter what the cost VS a god-murdering omnicidal maniac half-demon black mage".

Of course, it also features friendship, heroism and an occasional love story, but the main scope is Technology vs Magic.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@ave36, thank you for your input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Working on Zelda-like tileset. Should be greatly refined. And tonight extra pave tiles, outward corners, abyss and water...
Is it possible to move posts from the in-progress project forum to completed games? I think I need to message a mod but a bit worried about bothering them
Bleeding Moons has its release date: September 3rd!
Do you stick with the RM default, or set a custom one?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaezyelnatz