IguanaGuy

Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
<Blend modes - Normal, Multiply, Additive, Screen.> I see this option to use on events but beyond just using the additive one and some wait commands to make characters flash I have not seen much use for this function. Am I missing out on something here? is there a cool mechanic behind using these I am not utilizing? Has anyone done any type of functional game mapping or mechanic with it? I'm just trying to learn about it more seeing as I usually just ignore it all the time.

IguanaGuy

Developing I.C.B.M. :Unleashed!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My apologies. I should explain that the Change Blend Mode command is found in Movement Route Commands of MV. I see now these are blend modes used to enhance color and shadows in Photoshop, but you cannot adjust what these are in MV. You can only select one of the four. Normal being no change from what is there by default. So is this function only useful in situations where imported Parralax or characters are used where such blend modes are needed to balance them? I guess I am asking if people who just use the RTP resources of MV have any practical use for these commands or are they for special art functions only.

Thanks for that link though, It was very informative about blend modes!

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
'General Discussion' is for examining broad themes related to the making of games. For that reason, it is also engine neutral.

[move]RPGMaker MV[/move]

Alisu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since the movement route can be also set for a static event as custom move route (in the movement more, not as event command) for such as shiny spot on a water I've got nice results in giving the "custom move route" and some blend for things like shiny sparkle that heals players. Might also work well for other water or flame related event graphics.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Us:
"This game is awesome! I wish there are more games like this in the future."
Also us:
"I hate how games stopped being original and start copying other successful games."
Should've done this a few days ago but...
PRI_200136808.jpg
Rest in Peace, Sir Clive Sinclair
1940 - 2021
Entrepreneur, Technologist, Father of the Modern British Computing Industry, and protagonist of Legend of ZUN.

Without you, England's games and tech industry wouldn't be where it is.
Woof, haven't touched any game-making elements in a couple of weeks I think.
Doing a thing in MV...

R3PuRjF.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raizus