What are TP Modes?

Telemindred

Telemindred the Archmage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I wanted to have more options in what I can use and change regarding TP, so I got Yanfly Ace's TP Manager. As I'm reading it however, it mentions something called TP Modes which I am clueless of. I couldn't find any mention of it anywhere in the program, and I couldn't find mention of it on any forum. I'm not sure if it's something that already existed in RPGMAKER VX ACE, if it came in one of the RPGMAKER versions before it, or if it was only added in by Yanfly Ace's script. Regardless of where it comes from, I don't know what it is and therefore, don't know how to use it.

If anyone does know what TP modes are and how they function, and is willing to catch me up to speed in that area, I would greatly appreciate it.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
It will also speed up if you put link the script here so we can take a look. Always, whenever you ask something regarding a script.

Telemindred

Telemindred the Archmage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Roninator2

Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
quote "This script gives you the ability to adjust how much TP actors will acquire from various actions" unquote

Reading the script clearly says what each TP mode does.
Ruby:
    TP_MODES ={
    # TP Mode => { Settings }
    # -------------------------------------------------------------------------
      0 => { # This is the default mode.
      # :setting     => Adjust settings as you see fit.
        :name        => "Stoic",
        :icon        => 280,
        :description => "Raise TP by waiting in battle or receiving " +
                        "\ndamage from attacks.",
        :preserve_tp => false,
        :init_tp     => "rand * 25",
        :regen_tp    => "100 * trg",
        :take_hp_dmg => "50 * damage_rate * tcr",
        :deal_hp_dmg => "0",
        :heal_hp_dmg => "0",
        :ally_hp_dmg => "0",
        :take_mp_dmg => "0",
        :deal_mp_dmg => "0",
        :heal_mp_dmg => "0",
        :ally_mp_dmg => "0",
        :deal_state  => "0",
        :gain_state  => "0",
        :kill_ally   => "0",
        :kill_enemy  => "0",
        :win_battle  => "0",
        :flee_battle => "0",
        :lose_battle => "0",
        :low_hp_turn => "0",
        :low_mp_turn => "0",
        :only_alive  => "0",
        :evasion     => "0",
      }, # Do not remove this.
So if you select Stoic- whenever you wait in battle (guard) you get tp for that action, or by receiving damage.

JojoLaVache

Easily distracted
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As a Yanfly fan, this is easy to explain.
TP Modes are different ways to govern how an Actor gains TP, e.g. dealing damage, healing, KOing enemies, evading enemy attacks, being the only Actor alive.

If you played Final Fantasy X, it works like Overdrive Modes, i.e. different ways to fill up a character's Overdrive Gauge and use their Overdrives.

Telemindred

Telemindred the Archmage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
"This script gives you the ability to adjust how much TP actors will acquire from various actions, different TP modes, and letting players select and pick what TP mode they want for each actor"

That line was what threw me off, since it mentions actions and TP modes separately. That being said, I did miss a few areas of importance that now seem a bit obvious. There is one thing I'm still confused about regarding the formulas in the first mode.

In the tp mode you're showing, it says 100 * trg in one line, and 50 * damage rate * tcr in the one below.

What's the difference between trg and tcr? And what do those abbreviations stand for?

And much to my disappointment/regret, I've never played a final fantasy game before Jojo

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
RG values (HRG, MRG, TRG) are additions to their respective pools, at each turn.
Charge values, are multipliers to whatever extra charge you add to them, that is not at the end of the turn.

Telemindred

Telemindred the Archmage
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oooooooh, ok gotcha.
There's a lot of abbreviations in this program, but I'm working on memorizing them all. Alright, thanks guys for the help! And more importantly thanks for being patient with me

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I based this on the armor of Actor 1_7 of the RTP. Hair is from Derex and Sythian Bard.
Stream will be live shortly! Going to do another art stream tonight so that I can finish my Fauna Focus piece~ Feel free to drop by!
Humans are fallible creatures, we all know that. It's when we're forced to look at ourselves that we start to disagree. :p
Expectation: Working on boss battle.
Reality: "Look at how awful are these code and database organization. Let me clean this mess", *yet, casually adding more modules that I have no idea if I would use it later*
Trying to learn to read Japanese so I read my manga. I like to buy them without all the edits made during translation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candutekno