Not open for further replies.

ZoroarX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
ZoroarX here! Today, I need help with the battle mechanics of the RPG. I don't want the enemy to be stopped like a statue.

How do I make the enemy keep moving, like the actor? I need help!

DancingDrake

Random Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
You might want to let people know which script you are using. I presume you are using one because the last time I checked the default system didn't do the side view battle thing :)

Me personally though have had no experience with side view battle systems so won't be too much help for you.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please post a link to the sideview script you are using.

Do you NEED to use this script, or would you happily swap to another if it gives sideview and moving battlers?

ZoroarX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
You might want to let people know which script you are using. I presume you are using one because the last time I checked the default system didn't do the side view battle thing :)

Me personally though have had no experience with side view battle systems so won't be too much help for you.
I'm using the Tankentai Sideview Battle Script, but can you tell me how to make the enemy move? I want to use this sideview battle script and make the enemy move

DancingDrake

Random Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm using the Tankentai Sideview Battle Script, but can you tell me how to make the enemy move? I want to use this sideview battle script and make the enemy move
Could you possibly include the link to the script. I could only find it for VX not VX Ace (I know one for Ace should be out there just not sure where). Also am I right to presume you are using VX Ace?

Last edited by a moderator:

ZoroarX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Could you possibly include the link to the script. I could only find it for VX not VX Ace (I know one for Ace should be out there just not sure where). Also am I right to presume you are using VX Ace?
I just don't remember where I downloaded it from.

ZoroarX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
I've moved this thread to RGSSx Script Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Please post a link to the sideview script you are using.

Do you NEED to use this script, or would you happily swap to another if it gives sideview and moving battlers?
I don't NEED, but I WANT to, and I don't want to swap it to another script, I just want to know how to make the enemies move.

Note: Sorry for doubleposting, I accidentally posted this in a different message and I can't remove it.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
You will need to modify the script to support animated battlers.

If it already supports it, and is not documented, then you will need to read the script and figure out how to do it.

If it's not documented then chances are it's not supported, in which case you will need to modify the script.

If this doesn't answer your question of "how" then chances are you won't be able to add animation support yourself and so you'd be better off getting a different script that comes with it.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Why don't you want to swap it for another script? If this side view script does not do what you want, but another side view script does, why do you want to hang onto this one? What does it have that you absolutely cannot do without, or is not included in other side view scripts?

DancingDrake

Random Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Oh too bad it's just that I would like to have had a look at the script and because most scrips of this sort need you to identify the enemies that use sprites over just battlers. I know that with the VX version of the script I found it mentions setting up enemy note tags to get them to animate. I also think someone mentioned somewhere when I searched for the Ace version something about identifying the enemy numbers in an array at around line 30. Without seeing the script I wouldn't be able to tell you either way but I do agree with Shaz if there is a script out there that already does what you want it to do with the same resources that you are using then I don't know what would be stopping you from looking into it.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
select a significant part of that script (perhaps a line containing names of new variables or functions) and copy it into a google search. If you choose a unique part, you have a good chance of the search returning pages where the script is posted - try several different lines if you get too much results.

And any script of a size like such a battlescript has to have some specific sequences in it, even if you can't read them due to being in another language.

ZoroarX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Why don't you want to swap it for another script? If this side view script does not do what you want, but another side view script does, why do you want to hang onto this one? What does it have that you absolutely cannot do without, or is not included in other side view scripts?
Well, because I think there's no other script which the player and followers are on the right and the enemies are on the left, and if I get a script that has this order inverted (Enemies on the right and the player on the left) I'll have to change the image of all the enemies and that will only give me more things to change, and I think that will be a waste of time.

Tsukihime

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
All sideviews I have seen have the party on the right.

All sideviews I have seen allow you to choose where the enemies are positioned.

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well, because I think there's no other script which the player and followers are on the right and the enemies are on the left, and if I get a script that has this order inverted (Enemies on the right and the player on the left) I'll have to change the image of all the enemies and that will only give me more things to change, and I think that will be a waste of time.
Most sideviews have the player on the right and the enemy on the left - in fact, all non-sprite sideview battlers I've seen so far do assume that order.
I suggest trying Battle Engine Symphony as that is one of the better ones for options (you'll need one of the addon-scripts for it to enable enemy sprites).

In Symphony, you can define all actions sequences (animation and movement during a skill use) for yourself, but that requires a lot of work if you don't want to use the default ones.

If Symphony is to big/complex for you, you can try almost any of the sideviews from the master script list - I haven't seen one with the player to the left there...

However, most of the other sideview scripts don't have action sequences and allow only static battlers.

ZoroarX

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
If Symphony is to big/complex for you, you can try almost any of the sideviews from the master script list - I haven't seen one with the player to the left there...

However, most of the other sideview scripts don't have action sequences and allow only static battlers.
Okay, I'll look for one of those scripts and post another comment on this topic if I have any problem with the script.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This thread is being closed, due to being solved. If for some reason you would like this thread re-opened, please report this post and leave a message why. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Ami
--- Diary ---

M.Mage: It's the F.Mage's Diary. While she isn't here,i can read it.

May, 10: I'm hurt after the battle with the Minotaur. But luckily,F.Healer heal me with her Heal-2. That why,i Fall in Love with her.

M.Mage: Eh???
So... some of my Desktop hardware has kicked it apparently (still trying to figure out what and how at the moment :/ ) .... yay?
Stream will be live shortly with some Darkest Dungeon! Feel free to drop by!
Made a HUGE (YYOOOOJJ) Update to Monstructs and moving towards a Steam Early Access release!
A skill type called: "Rumagic". The intention is Magic with Rum(that pirates drink)
Does it sound strange in English?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julek