What are you developing besides rpg?

alexsandro22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
Hey, I am interested is there anyone who develops some kind of other apps? Web apps, mobile apps or even web design maybe?
I would like to go on and impove my own skills in developing in general. Any advices would be pleased. Thanks

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well I also write textbooks, though I am not sure that is what you meant. I also have worked on (slowly) making a puzzle game in RPGMaker, it has 16 levels so far, but I haven't worked on it in about 2 years as I had to focus my development on my game that I just released. I also have an idea for a strategy game but not sure it will work, may dabble in it in my 'free time' (whatever that is).

OcRam

Servant of the Universe
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Finnish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm writing RMMV project obfuscator for deployed games ATM. Also building SQL - ASP.NET solutions as my primary job. Using CSS3, HTML5 and JS (NOT jQuery!) at front-end and VB.NET, C#.NET at the back-end.

Below may go off-topic, but since "obfuscator" is not self-explained term...

With RMMV project obfuscator you can:
  • Merge, encode and embed your JSON data (database) to one JS file
    + Adds decode method for JSON data (ofc)
  • Remove ALL comments from JS files
  • Obfuscate JavaScript
    • Shuffles the order of methods and classes
    • Rename all variables/classes and methods to random hex
  • Merge all JS files into one JS file
  • Finalize process by minifying JS file(s)
  • All features are optional to use
NOTE: Image and audio en-/decrypting is not touched in anyway.

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Besides RPGMaker games, I have been working on a TCG game that will eventually become a mobile game app as well. Also a table-top rpg that we would like to see converted to a computer game eventually.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I would like to go on and impove my own skills in developing in general
I don't know what the education system of your home area is, but the best way to do that is to go for the systems design career, and aim to become a software engineer.
even if you don't get to be one or work *as* a systems engineer, you'll at least get to think like a systems engineer, and they think outside the code.

*programmers* submit to *software engineers*, the same way that *bricklayers* and *welders* submit to *structural engineers*
you can then go and code your own design if you want to, but you won't make it from the ground up as a programmer unless you have engineering knowledge.

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm currently learning Java so I can remake my Tileset Builder app. Originally done for Ace-sized tiles, but I lost the project source when my last hard drive died so have to completely rewrite it to cater for MV-sized tiles.

Working through a course on Udemy that I should finish during the week, so planning to start the rewrite on the weekend.

NinjaKittyProductions

Professional Murder Hobos
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Working through a course on Udemy that I should finish during the week, so planning to start the rewrite on the weekend.
I love Udemy. I wish I found it before attending college.

alexsandro22

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
Other
I'm currently learning Java so I can remake my Tileset Builder app. Originally done for Ace-sized tiles, but I lost the project source when my last hard drive died so have to completely rewrite it to cater for MV-sized tiles.

That's awesome. Good luck with your learning Java. It was one of the easiest missions for me after learning c# and c++
I also found out about developing more. It's really new experience for me so I decided not to study it on my own but take some help. EffectiveSoft Corporation got me order and provided me app I wanted to see. Now I'm trying to analize all steps to make simillar application. Anyway I'm pleased with the result for now ;)

Last edited:

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
I've made a minigame collection called Chicken Games, and 2 or 3 purely story based games...

MaGicBush

Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well in the past I have worked with Game Maker(uses GM script), and JS/HTML on a webpage I made long ago. It was a mod site for Minecraft back when it was in alpha(no curse or nexus back then). I got a few people to post mods on it, but it never got anywhere really. I then turned it into a site for my guild on Aion. Lately I have revisited and been relearning JS to use with my game on RPG Maker. Years and years ago when I was a kid I made a text based game on my parents very old PC(it had MS-DOS don't even remember what it was) using Quick Basic.

Last edited:

Skoops

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I work as a concept artist for a VR game developer, so I'm not programming the current project I'm on, but I have a lot of influence on the visuals and occasionally some input on the mechanics.

MetalHunter13

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
It's not really "Development" but I do enjoy messing around with ARMA 3's Eden Editor. I never really do any scripting in it but I usually make some basic free-roam "Guerrilla Sniper" missions.

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I make websites.

Also I might be creating a short film within the next year or two, if that goes well I've got a few other stories I'd like to make into short films or feature films. I've joined the Winnipeg Film Group but I haven't gotten started on anything in production, just the short stories or novellas they will be based on.

Oh and I do music.

rue669

RueToYou
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I write novels. So when I’m not working on my game, I’m usually writing a scene or chapter in my next novel.

I plan to release the books with the game, making a single website with this content.

Zanckst

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV

JFB1222

Wind Runner
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Art. I am also trying to make a tabletop game. But, every time I try it with friends things come up that I have not accounted for, like at all.

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Art. I am also trying to make a tabletop game. But, every time I try it with friends things come up that I have not accounted for, like at all.
I tried making a table top game in middle school but none of my friends had the patience to play it.

It was basically as close as I could get to a tabletop game of Civilization.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
@robhr : I tried to make a table top RPG myself in late elementary school (5th/6th grade), except I had no understanding of balance. You had one heal spell that you could cast...once. For the entire game. My friends didn't make it through it, I did with 1 player standing, then RNG killed me on try 2.

But I learned a lot on how to balance stuff from this at least.

Zanckst

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Malay
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I made a tabletop RPG once in middle school and won state level. I was going to be sent to national level but my parents didn't permit to go

tehrin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm making a few little games featuring cute animals:
- One about a chipmunk collecting nuts for the winter faster than the squirrels. Dabbling in Unity for this? I'm still planning it.
- A platformer with an alpaca. The dash mode involves pronking and I'm really excited. :p I'm working it out in Phaser but haven't started on the graphics yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Stream will be live shortly with some Haunting Ground! Feel free to drop by!
welp, the stock market went down by 7% because of corona today. Time to buy stocks?
Man, being able to edit my game WHILE testplaying it is like the most convenient thing EVER. Thank you, MV...it even makes up for the OGG thing. Well, almost.
Back in the old days, long before I was born, salted crisps - or potato chips, for you yanks - came unsalted and had a little pouch of salt to manually shake on it. Of course, things are more efficient now, but Walker's still brought back the old 'Salt 'N' Shake' style a couple years ago. Dunno why, but if I had to guess, I'd say it's because the nostalgia crowd were getting salty.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zths