Not open for further replies.

wildwes

Even in your forums, FOE!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Working on improving my mapping skills and also doing cool stuff with events.

valkill101

Alien Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm working on getting my VX project over to VX Ace while also improving on it.

Mikerobiology

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Mapping, right now. I got carried away last night and mapped out this whole town with houses, a church, some farmland, a covered bridge over a river leading into the town... everything. It would be great, but I did this without any context! I knew I was going to eventually need this town, but hadn't planned any actual quests or storyline specifics for the area, yet. It's great to look at, but I have no idea what to do with it. I had a character or two planned, but they were both going to be located outside in the streets.

Oh well... If anything, it allows me to flesh out the world a bit more. I've been spending a lot of time placing NPCs that serve no real game-advancing purpose, but they can say a few lines and make the game world feel more like a living, breathing thing. Having the mapped buildings will just give me more incentive to flesh the town out a bit more.

MrLevi

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm remapping, re-eventing and adding details to the earlier bits of my game. I've learned a lot since I started, so I figured I should revamp things. Now my maps are looking a lot better, and the story is a bit more fleshed out. :)

I've also been going around looking for scripts that suit my game well. So far both lighting scripts I've tried haven't worked out to well though, so I'm still looking. Hoping to eventually make a final decision on my battle system too. I was thinking of using this one when its out of beta for VX.

Last edited by a moderator:

eigwayne

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm working on focusing on a single project, which is by far the most difficult part of development for me. I have three started now, and if I keep flitting back and forth, I won't ever finish any of them! So my goal is to focus on the simplest- a straightforward, all RTP graphic, no scripts, short game, just to prove to myself I can do this and FINISH it.

Of course, this is how the other two started as well, and both of those blew up into massive undertakings, so I might be jinxing myself.

Chad Sexington

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Still ironing out an endless amount of minor bugs and even more random spelling & grammar errors from random NPCs.

Does it never end?

>_<

zacheatscrackers

Machinehead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Working on the 6th area in my game. Going to upload more screenshots and stuff to my thread eventually.

GaryCXJk

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Working on a journal script for my own game. I'm not sure if I'll release it like I did my other scripts, since it will be very specific to my game, but I'll see what I'll do.

Chances are though that I'll be working more on either Free Battle, Charas VXA or Char Edit instead.

Cartridge

It's all about the guns, man
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
Currently rewriting the story..  ;_;

Alot of work, but I was not happy with the latest result.

Moth

The Outsider
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I, with the help of a friend, have been working on getting a cohesive story together for a game entailing a lot of angst. I don't mean to bite the hand that feeds, but I'm sickened by the amount of unoriginal template-driven cliche games. It isn't just with the rpgm community, it's with the entire entertainment industry. 

Every movie just seems to feel the same. Every decade has a "feel."

Every show is just a mishmash of cliches and anti heros, because role models grew out of style in the 90s.

Every anime/manga is just becoming how hero-san saves love-interest-chan from the big bad, but has to deal with rival-kun. Or boobs.

Every game is just a catering to what makes players feel comfortable, and makes them feel great because it's all the same.

Maybe I'm just pretentious, but I really want to make something that breaks the rules. Maybe I have to make a mockery of everything along the way, but I want to make something that doesn't thrive off people's engorged lust for sex and violence, without losing what's fun about a well written, well designed, and slaved over piece of work that wasn't brought into this world by the need for recognition or money.

The things I like the most seem to be the things that make me say, "wtf am I watching/reading/playing?" It's those things that have solidified my interest the most.

I guess my narcissistic rant is over, back to the drawing board.

Rhaviolio

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am working on learning this program. I have a small  world set up so i can just play with stuff. I have one rescue quest that works, but i need to make it work they way I really want it to, I  do not want to give to much detail as I want to figure it out through trial and error. I find that enjoyable.
Since i have the rescue quest working well enough, I will give my mind a break from that. Right now I am trying to figure out how to add "ticks" counters to player, when the player gets x amount they pass out and moved to another area. Not sure if i need a custom script or  if the game can handle it as is. 

Also I do work on things way above my skill level because screw it why not.

I have a ton of free time now do to  health issues, nothing super serious, I need something productive to do. I just got this 2 weeks ago, i am excited and enjoying this creative process.  BD  

The AH HA moments are nice and will truly enjoy them while they last. 

Gomi Boy

Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
the truth
Primarily Uses
I don't mean to bite the hand that feeds, but I'm sickened by the amount of unoriginal template-driven cliche games. It isn't just with the rpgm community, it's with the entire entertainment industry. 
it's good to be sickened. get as angry as you possibly fricking can, and turn that into drive. you gotta take care, though, not to turn that into complacency -- the idea that by recognizing the problem, you're automatically better than the people who ostensibly don't. because then all you're doing is contributing to it.

get angry. get gutsy. pour your entire petty, obsessive, beautful little heart into something, and never stop. if you do nothing, then nothing will happen.

Clareain_Christopher

C_C Media Ninja
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
it's good to be sickened. get as angry as you possibly fricking can, and turn that into drive. you gotta take care, though, not to turn that into complacency -- the idea that by recognizing the problem, you're automatically better than the people who ostensibly don't. because then all you're doing is contributing to it.

get angry. get gutsy. pour your entire petty, obsessive, beautful little heart into something, and never stop. if you do nothing, then nothing will happen.
And always remember to not get too ambitious.I COULD draw all custom tilesets. I COULD sprite all original characters. I COULD create a story so amazing that it would take novels of preparation to fine-tune everything.

I WANT TO finish a game in the next lifetime that pleases me.

Bad Wolf

Standard-bearer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The script for my game. Everyman thrust into a fantastic situation to try and save the world. Typical plot line, with a dark and twisted execution. I hope it'll be unique and push people a bit out of their comfort zone. I originally had half a novel written about it but thought it would be more suited for a game. We shall see how that goes. 

Clareain_Christopher

C_C Media Ninja
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
@Murgen

But don't get me wrong. Be ambitious. But try and not stress yourself, or your team, over it. :)

Moth

The Outsider
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
And always remember to not get too ambitious.

I COULD draw all custom tilesets. I COULD sprite all original characters. I COULD create a story so amazing that it would take novels of preparation to fine-tune everything.

I WANT TO finish a game in the next lifetime that pleases me.
Heh, I expect this game to take me a while. I am going to custom sprite everyone, although in my obsessive need to have absolutely no recycled characters, I'll probably end up coming to this board again in the future and just end up asking people in droves to submit their entry they'd like to see in my game.

Now as for tilesets... I think I'm going to have to make my own. I've yet to see anything remotely resembling what I need for the out of town areas.

Migkwa

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I have really been working on getting into making my game more personal.

Last night I spent some time learning how to modify Window.png to give my game a custom feel. While I can improve greatly over what I have done, I was super excited to see the results of my work.

Tuning dungeons as I kind of just put in a bunch of monsters and increased difficulty by increasing the encounter rate, which really in hindsight was a sad moment in my thought process.

Working on back story for different characters/towns still as I am still early on in my game and trying to make sure I have a good foundation for when I unveil pieces of the story to players.

Currently my game only offers about 30 mins of game play but is in it's very beginning stages.

romanticmisery.

Humanoid Exotica
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
Right now in working on my newest project: Zodra Awake, already finished the majority of the weapons, almost finishing up the translation of the items and armor to english (my version is Brazilian) and i'm planning to create some custom skills for the title character.

I'm not that ambitious when it comes to rpg maker, i've finished a couple projects and i'm a writer : i know that if i bite more than i can chew i'll be in for a ride and i dont  want that, my game will be basic, simple, not too many scripts , but it will work, i will let my characters and the plot compensate for all the lack of "originality"

I'm also working on the little prquel game to Zodra Awake, and its almost over since its very short, its worth a lot of laughs though and its coming like i wanted it too.

zacheatscrackers

Machinehead
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Still working on the sixth area... I've had a TON of games to play and quite alot of schoolwork to finish, so it's been really difficult to keep up with my creation. Very, very sorry to those who have actively followed my project. :c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

image i made on mon-die morning
Everyday I'm hustlin' hustlin'
And now I'm wondering if I only made progress in learning this engine because I was procrastinating on everything else I need to do...
from twitter:
Therapist: and what do we do with our trauma?
Me: give it to a character
Character: NO
other devs: *carefully plan the battle balance (with actual calculation in sheet)* | Me: *randomly throws numbers and skills to see which works*

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maltosier