What are you working on?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PK8, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hybrida

Hybrida I LOVE YOU TOO Veteran

First Language:
    American
    I'm working on game balance for my project. I believe some bosses maybe too difficult. Even I lose to them. I'm sure that's a serious problem coming from my own game. Ha.

2. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Professional Spruce Tree Member

Attempting to draft a cohesive plot. -.-

3. reno385

reno385 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Still in the planning phases of my new game, plus a bit of mapping and eventing. My one friend who's gonna be helping me has yet to get Ace still but he's been doing concept art for me and we're bouncing ideas off each other, which has already proven to be a great help compared to my last project where it was just me. We also have another friend with a bachelor's in graphic design who's agreed to help out with making original art so I'm excited about that.

4. Based MG

Based MG Disco Walker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Still trying to put together what I want for the game in terms of storyline, mechanics, and plot events. I'm having my brother draft up some ideas as well so it should hopefully be a bit easier, but I still like to pride myself on being able to think creatively on my own. I'll probably toss around some posts in the Plot/Ideas Feedback topic once I get some ideas together.

5. Diego2112

Diego2112 The Gaming Gamer Who Games Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    True to my classic fashion, I've quite a few projects planned in the ol' Brain...

Eratru, which I mentioned above, is coming along swimmingly-just need to work out some plot details, and now that I have the FULL program, I have much more freedom.

Legend of the Fallen Prince, well, that's sort of the idea that started my desire to make a video game in the FIRST place-it'll probably be a work in progress for quite a LONG, LONG time.  I mean, I've over 500 pages of hand written notes on the history, lore, magic, religion, characters...  And more'n 160 pages in a cohesive story!

Faerie Quest-it's going to be short, sweet, and to the point-totally made in VX Ace Lite.  Nothing fancy to it, really.  A guy falls in love with a prostitute who happens to be the last of the Faerie Bloodline on the surface world.  She is captured, takes ill, and it's up to him to save her.

And lastly, a horror game based on an abandoned nursing home about 15 miles from my house.  It's creepy, it's PERFECT.

Each of 'em are in various stages of work-Eratru is getting fleshed out, with new characters, plot elements, and "turning points."  Fallen Prince is mostly on the back burner, just working on some of the world maps for it.  Faerie Quest, I've the ENTIRE town scripted, and am now working on events/encounters in the starting area.

As for the horror game, it's purely in conceptual stages right now.  No plot, no nothing-just a floor plan.

6. echo

echo It's alright. I was drunk too. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Trying to fill in the gaping plot holes that keep appearing...

7. Based MG

Based MG Disco Walker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    If you want some assistance I can help. Just send me a PM if you're interested

8. sai

sai devourer of eggs Veteran

First Language:
    English
    At the moment, I'm drafting some maps, doodling weapon designs off to the sides of said maps, and organizing story and game ideas for my game project teammates. <:

9. StrawberrySmiles

StrawberrySmiles The Talking Fruit Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Working on (hopefully) the last cutscene in my demo before moving onto battles.

It's late though, and I'm thinking of leaving it for the weekend. XD

10. PixelLuchi

PixelLuchi Quiet Pixel Artist Veteran

First Language:
    UK English
    Testing the first ten minutes of a seven hour trek. Took me one full day just to do those ten minutes. And working on a new intro too. Spell checks, message formatting, text editing, flipping portraits... ><

[​IMG]

Soma and Clareain_Christopher like this.
  11. Quigon

Quigon electric boogaloo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Making awesome brand names for in-universe food you can eat in Oneirophrenia. Buckaroo Soda, anyone?

(i.e I am making lists upon lists upon lists of items in the database)

The Stranger likes this.
  12. Dr.Yami

Dr.Yami 。◕‿◕。 Developer

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Well have a little progress on my script. It's still too far from complete:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

EvilEagles likes this.
  13. Quigon

Quigon electric boogaloo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    @Yami - I'm adding you to the list of people to silently curse when I'm finally happy with a battle system for my game until seeing a new awesome one. Looks great!

14. zacheatscrackers

zacheatscrackers Machinehead Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    After a bunch of massive issues and production inconveniences, I'm announcing that the following things will happen to Illuminated Badassery 3:

-it will most likely be released by August or July; well, actually, this was the original plan anyway. However, I might have to bump it all the way up to September due to my schedule

-it will NOT be in RPG Maker VX; I was originally going to make the game with XAS Hero, but due to a great deal of my ideas simply not working well with VXs' programming and whatnot, I'm switching over to Ace for this installment. I am planning on using Falcao Pearl ABS, as it translates quite well with what I have planned. Or maybe I'll just use the Ace version of XAS, I dunno

-it might not be 640x480 as I have originally planned, but I'll see what I can do

-NG+ and the mission-based gameplay will remain, don't worry

I haven't been posting a whole lot due to my production issues, I apologize

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2013
  15. Diego2112

Diego2112 The Gaming Gamer Who Games Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    All of my mates got on my arse about how long it's taking me to make a game, so I've put MY plans on hold, and am attempting to churn out a tossoff game, something that'll show 'em I'm actually making stuff, and maybe shut 'em up for a while.

I'm calling it "'Shroom Quest," because basically, you're a farmer, your grandpa gets sick, you go to the mystical caves to find a magic mushroom and heal him.

You've an optional sidequest of going and fighting a miniboss for a mystical sword that'll "Aid you in your quest," and by "aid" I mean it's better'n the shovel and/or rake you'll BE using.

Character classes:

Farmer

Healer

Barkeeper

Yup.  That simple.  The Healer is the town's healer, she works in the church, and she's going to be hinted at as a love interest for the farmer.  The farmer is middle aged, has a spiffing beard, and really knows his way around a hoe (if ya know what I mean, wink wink nod nod nudge nudge).

I've not used any pregenerated maps-laid 'em all out myself today.  Have all the transitions between 'em laid out as well.  I've set up the inn almost totally, and started working on the bar.  I have the main character's house totally done, just need to lay in all the events in the town, in the forest (where the mystical sword is), and in the three level cave.

I SHOULD be done with it tomorrow, unless I run into another snag like I hit today-when you'd talk to your dying grandpa, the graphic would change randomly, even though all the walking and stepping animation boxes were unchecked.  Since I didn't have FIXED or somesuch like that checked, though, it was animating it to the above it-rather'n an old man, it was an old woman!  

"Gee grandpa, I'd say your sick!  You keep turning into a woman whenever I talk to you!"

Anyway, IF all goes according to plan, the game will be ready tomorrow as a very basic, very simple game-just something to appease my mates.

16. Dr.Yami

Dr.Yami 。◕‿◕。 Developer

First Language:
    Vietnamese
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Have had a test with movement and GUI in my script, seems fine now :3

17. C-C-C-Cashmere

C-C-C-Cashmere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEQr8QV1C_M

EDIT: I don't know how to embed videos, but that's a video I made of me testing out my new game ;)

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2013
  18. echo

echo It's alright. I was drunk too. Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Thank you, that may be very necessary!

19. hian

hian Biggest Boss Veteran

First Language:
    Norwegian
    Working on the introduction to my side-project. Have finally finished the larger part of the graphical resources needed for the cut-scene sequence, and the entire main cast, but it proved to be a real nasty work-load and took me ages to do. Now I'm going to have to start working on the soundtrack. Probably going to need about 5-6 tracks for the demo. I could cry....

20. Soma

Soma Princess' Guard Veteran

First Language:
    Chopnese
    Revamping, and overhauling a lot for my project. First will come rebalancing skills, stats, and enemies, and then onto maps. After that comes the dialogue, and finally spriting(which takes the longest for me)~  BD

Clareain_Christopher likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.