Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparta

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Returning myself after eons, messing around as a kid with RPG Maker 2000, after picking up RPG Maker VX Ace. Happy to start developing a couple of games, giving me a chance to stretch my writing muscles a little, and giving myself a chance to apply some of the ideas and things that I have learned in the last...13 years. :)

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've been frankenspriting a bunch of XP sprites and getting at least one character ready for an animated side battle system. It's been painstaking but I managed to finish one at least. Yay for the small victories!

DarknessFalls

Rpg Maker Jesus - JS Dev.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Had my friend test the first 10 minutes of this epically awesome game I am working on. Found bugs >>>.>>>

Manalord

Master of Mana
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I am working on a Town...

I hate making town's. 

Sooo many buldings... so many npcs....

*dies*

Simon D. Aelsi

Voice Actor/Composer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Hylian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Creating new sprites (Yes, from generators. Sorry! )

And drawing out a map of the castle (that the entire game takes place in). About 8 floors. Each floor is a different part and shape. :)

Also learning the differences between Horror and Suspense (Which I think I'm aiming for)

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
Working on getting my game, Destiny of a Wizard, (more info @ http://ultimacj.wix.com/ultimacjproductions) released with another 3rd party publisher.  Should be released very soon.  When released, I'll make a post here on the completed game sections and with who.

I'll update on my site above when the game comes out, the demo is available at my site as well with two download locations:  Google Drive and Media fire.  If you haven't tried out the demo head on over to http://ultimacj.wix.com/ultimacjproductions#!reviews/c9qb

Kes

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I'm working on .... keeping my nerves steady.

I've got such a lot on.  The mobile release tomorrow for Undefeated, last minute stuff before the release in 2 weeks of The Tale of a Common Man, a big meeting tomorrow for my day job - and how glad I am to be in such a different time zone that I'll have finished work before Undefeated is released - plus various other things in RL.

Did some displacement activity by starting to make more interesting A3 auto tiles for walls which you can see in this post http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/48-the-resource-wip-thread/?p=318083 and an alteration a couple of posts after it.  I need to find a way to streamline my way of working when I do these.

atasuke10

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Fell into the effect of improving too much while making a long game and then thinking that from the start it was crap D:
So i'm restarting from scratch cuz it seems more clean that way.

Makio-Kuta

Canadian Goose
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Rach and I are reviving a dating sim we had in design work a while back for that October challenge. Almost got all the characters basic poses drawn D< One more character to go.

What a lovely line up of possible heartthrobs.

King Sangos

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
At the moment, I'm working on the first iteration of the first level for my game. Here's an image demonstrating the layout.

FIRST LEVEL - ROUGH DRAFT

Last edited by a moderator:

TheFroMofo

Hired Merc
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Going back and redoing all early parts of my current project that I made when I first bought RPGM and did not understand how to use it. It's looking a lot better and could use some feedback, but going back and making it better is just really satisfying to me. I've been meaning to do it for so long now...

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Got back to the grindstone on Soulstice, but most of my time lately has been tweaks to a damage calculating spreadsheet. Some of you may already be using the old version, if so, look forward to the new and improved. My buddy, KSJP seems like it so far and has been giving me a second perspective on it. 

Once all of the updates to it are in I will update the original post and post a link here.

*Update*

The updates are done. The link to the forum topic can be found here.

The direct link to the spreadsheet is here.

A little more information about it is inside this spoiler:

Features:

• Full Instructions on the 1st tab.
  • Bestiary, Characters tabs that feed into a Damage Calculator tab.
  • Damage Calculator tab shows you:Ally Stats
  • Enemy Stats
  • Physical Damage from both sides of the battle
  • Magical Damage from both sides of the battle
  • How many hits to kill each side
  • Damage due to elemental strengths or weaknesses
[*]Damage Calculations are fully automatic once you set up the Bestiary and Character tabs. Simply input an enemy ID and let it do the work!
[*]Damage Formulas are adjustable.
[*]Optional tabs for Weapons & Armor, Accessories & Items & Skills. 
Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

IcarusBen

The Lord of Looney, the Monarch of Madness, the Ki
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm working on a game based on this picture;

as well as few concepts I had. There's this world that a bunch of English(wo)men got sucked into and have built their own kingdom. It's a lot more complicated than that, but the game takes place during the 1400s during their renaissance.

I just love this pic.

Kaelan

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Work's been giving me a little more time to breathe now, after being awful for about a month straight, so I'm getting back to work on RHD. I'm pretty satisfied with the game's combat system so far, so I'm trying to make a push to get a playable combat demo out by winter break, see if I can get other people's opinions on it.

Shinma

Lurker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Since finishing up the damage calculator spreadsheet I have finally been able to adjust some balance issues. I have pretty much balanced all of the enemies in the first section of the game now.

I have been blending that in with deciding on skills, skill costs, how they unlock, etc.

Mainly I am just doing database stuff. Changing a number here, tweaking a value there and overhauling a skill over there!

Ultimacj

Cookie Knight
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Englist
Primarily Uses
N/A
Officially launched "Destiny of a Wizard" Facebook page with new pictures and images.  https://www.facebook.com/ultimacjproductions

Working with Amaranthia Games to getting it released.  Should be very soon and the game will be available for purchase! :)

In other news:  I am working on the side making a sequel to DoW, but it'll be a GOOD while before somewhat working demo will be released.  As the sequel will have a lot of features I'm implementing, new scripts, using a lot of new DLC tile sets I've purchased (the original mostly used the RTP and modified RTP sources) and the game is going to be three times or more bigger.  The second installment's story is somewhat "winging it" since it's fresh in my mind.  DoW originally had it's story set several years ago, I just didn't have the resources to bring it to life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.
Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sasakureman