What are you working on?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PK8, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    @Kaelan, I like that much better. Well done!

2. Azahoth

Azahoth Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Working on Npc character sketches  and  menu stuff for a Sci-fi / Cyberpunk game with some Lovecraftian cosmic horror elements. 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    Wow I really dig those icons!

4. Azahoth

Azahoth Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    I didn't make the icons I got them from flaticon.com. I was going to load up Adobe Illustrator  and make my own till I remembered I access to thousands of them with a click of a button in photoshop.

5. Luiishu535

Luiishu535 Coffee Machine Extraordinaire Veteran

First Language:
    Swedish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Looks very clean, Azahoth. Pretty awesome facesets and gauges as well. Keep it up!

For myself? Well, I'm mapping field after field maps... I've completed the South and Western parts though! 

[​IMG]

The edges of those cliffs are harder to map than they look like. Shift mapping has definitely become a must for me now.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
    Samsonite and Shinma like this.
  6. Sol Sa Ra

Sol Sa Ra Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Looks great, Azahoth. It reminds me of a project I am working on as well, I'll share more about it soon though. Seems like a fun game with some great elements, I like the clearance function and the scenery too. Also, the dark soldier character interests me - is it a custom character?

7. Ultimacj

Ultimacj Cookie Knight Veteran

First Language:
    Englist
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Working on the Delevel Forest in my next project.  The first dungeon.

8. Cadh20000

Cadh20000 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    I'd been in a slump and hadn't written anything in a couple months, but the other day I was helping Blindga brainstorm for a character design for an NPC in his game and Ellisandra Fairehorn came about as a side effect of that session. I've had her story going through my head since and trying to get it written down.

Since I started writing my main OC, Theran, has basically been a "confirmed bachelor", but immediately after I came up with the character description for Ellisandra I started thinking those two would go together. She didn't even have a name yet and I just knew she was going to be with Theran. It was like she emerged from the shadows, declaring that Theran was hers before she even introduced herself!

As to how it ties in with RPGMaker, Venka suggested I do up a scene showing some of her history and I liked that idea. It won't be for a while though as I don't yet have that history completely fleshed out.

Kes likes this.
  9. whitesphere

whitesphere Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Working on the concepts for my first ever attempted tileset - Cyberspace.  My goal is to merge Tron (old and new) and Neuromancer's view of Cyberspace.  After looking at a lot of pictures of the classic Tron movie, (I'm familiar with the new one but its aesthetics are easier to remember --- translucent grey), I've decided on a few concepts:

- Floor tiles will be translucent, with rounded edges, and optional extra-layer tiles (of various colors) with subdued tick marks

- Borders will be brightly colored blue/orange/white and should layer on top of the 2 floor tile layers

- Stairs should resemble tubes of energy

- Buildings will be mostly seamless (Cyberspace doesn't use bricks after all) with edges around the borders.  Some will have "hints" of height.  Roofs will be mostly solid (a building is a protected area) with subtle patterns, if any.

- I'll try to add some energy lines, thinner than the stairs, sort of like Cyberspace's bridges, although probably not auto-tiled since they are thin lines in varying directions

The tiles will be meant to exist over darkness (fun with Parallax backgrounds), since all depictions of Cyberspace I've ever read have most of Cyberspace being quite empty.

Of course, taking the ideas into actual tilesets is the real challenge.

Gui and Kes like this.
  10. Kes

Kes Global Moderators Global Mod

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    @Cadh

It is so unpredictable what will break a dry patch.  Sounds to me as though she was lurking around in your subconscious for a while for her to emerge the way she did, so perhaps 'fallow' would be a better description of the last couple of months.

@whitesphere

This sounds very interesting indeed.  Good luck bringing it off.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
    Cadh20000 likes this.
  11. YakuzaMakoto

YakuzaMakoto KuroTengu Yakuza Clan Leader Veteran

After some frustration with the tablet i draw again with hand (after alooong time).
    They looked much better so i tried some faces for Ryu, the Main Charackter in Vanished Raven.

[​IMG]
    The Hair is.....worst XD

And it is so dark because this are Photos no Scans.

The one on the right (the second one) looks more like the Ryu i wanted....just....stupid hair again XD ...

Neck and Faceform i will try something between the two versions.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
  12. C-C-C-Cashmere (old)

C-C-C-Cashmere (old) Resident Weirdo Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Yay I got springs workingggggggggggggggg

[​IMG]

luzi and Galenmereth like this.
  13. Shinma

Shinma Lurker Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I am currently wrapping up the next section of Soulstice and revisiting the first to re-balance it.

Progress is moving along. Once I finish this section I will have about 65% of the overall work done and about 40% of the overall game!

14. Ultimacj

Ultimacj Cookie Knight Veteran

First Language:
    Englist
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 24, 2014
  15. Zurea

Zurea Alchemist in Training Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Finishing up on the skill animations and combo skills for the shard skill system, will be finishing up the Character skills afterwards and working out more enemies before trying to iron out in play tests. Levels/maps are still in the early planning.

16. jdh34

jdh34 Guest

All of the above plus composing scripting lighting events and custom settings haiiiii

17. Galenmereth

Galenmereth I thought what I'd do was Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Writing up game mechanics for a lot of things that get expanded or improved in The Vendor. Among them is the "quest system" (now wanted posters), itemization (now with visible but simplified stats and quality measurements), as well as overall monster, and combat mechanics. Even though combat is "automatic" and done by the Heroes with no direct interaction from the player, it still requires a thorough combat system running in the background to make it all work properly, and for it to give fun and intuitive results. I've been spending lots of time the past month and a half on visual additions, like the overhauled interface, so this is a big change in work. It's refreshing!

18. Archeia

Archeia Level 99 Demi-fiend Staff Member Developer

First Language:
    Filipino
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I finally got this to work. Now I just have to make sure the grid system works with Theo_Allen's 1.4 battle system ;~;

Testing with other battle systems:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2015
  19. luzi

luzi Freelance Artist Veteran

First Language:
    Thai
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    Test Battle system and character sprites demonstration.
    (No stat balancing yet.)  Also testing Rune Enchantment system.

Character sets, items, skills, musics, animation effects still use old version's.

and working in NPC Character Design too.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2015
    Vinedrius, RaZzi, Chaos17 and 4 others like this.
  20. TheReboot

TheReboot The One Who Knocks (Politely) Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I'm working on a system that allows an event to be picked up in-game and transferred to another location (possibly on an other map), using only eventing to do so. My brain is still working to wrap itself around the plausibility of moving an event between maps. Also, thinking on how to make a sprite of npcs carrying tiny crates. Oh...oh...oh god, my brain >-<

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.