What are your favorite superhero games?

Stragot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I like cartoons, movies about superheroes from childhood. Of course I like to play such games about my favorite characters. It seems that I have already played all such games.
I would like to know which superhero games do you like the most? Maybe some online games or platformers? In general, give your advice..

Last edited:

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
Well, I just finished playing Spiderman for the PS4 (yes, I'm late to the party) and I thought it was amazing. Swinging around NY was fun and the storyline was really good too. I also enjoyed that the game had you play as a different character from time to time.

dreamfall887

Sun Spirit
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is a pretty fun game! I also liked The Incredibles PS2 game as a kid. :biggrin:

Windows i7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Depends on how you define a superhero game. If just ones involving superhuman abilities, then probably Saints Row IV. That game is just hilarious.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The vampire spin-off of Infamous 2, and the Prototype games. Oh, also The Darkness. Absolutely love The Darkness 1 for the Ps3 and Xbox 360. You're basically a superhero, or more of a villain who is nigh immortal and who is pretty much a god-type entity.

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I don't play superhero games if by a superhero you mean the one from the comic. If it just a superpower, my fave all times is Prototype 2. I've finished the game for about 3 times now which is very rare for me. And I plan for the 4th playthrough sometime later.

Philosophus Vagus

The drunken bird dog of rpg maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Prototype was awesome. Might not necessarily count as a "hero" game all things considered but I can't think of another title that gave me anywhere close to the immersion of having "super powers" that I got from it.

Honorable mention: Shadow Warrior. Yeah the whole game is literally a joke but sue me I like my heroic archetypes as sarcastically irreverent as possible and this game has it in spades.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I recently replayed the Prototype 2 remaster on the Ps4. I enjoyed roleplaying in it. Taking my time, walking at street level, and only revealing my true, monstrous\virus nature when I needed to. Those two games did such an amazing job at making you feel as powerful and as dangerous as the lore claimed you were.

Mavlico

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Yes, I also really like superheroes. Speaking about PC games, I usually choose games from the Steam rating. Sometimes I find very interesting indie games, not always such games have a high rating. But that games can still be very good. Sometimes there are strange games, for example, HoboMan, here a homeless person who fights evil acts as a superhero. There was no release yet. But I really liked the cartoon.
Oh, these weird russians:rhappy:

Last edited:

justlexi

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
Other
Batman: Arkham Asylum, I have enjoyed playing this game 10 years ago.
I feel like I will be playing old games right now due to the widespread of Covid-19. Stay at home people.

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
As of yesterday I've gotten nostalgic for X-Men Legends? I played the original with my childhood pal during our teens, back when I new little of Marvel outside of a Spider-Man trade I was gifted for Christmas (to say nothing of the Spidey 00's movie). I'm more of a Marvel than a DC but I like heroes from both.

Apparently Jubilee is less underwhelming in the original XML than I thought back when? It also took me a long time to see support characters as valid (or not have homophobic opinions about bards), though. I don't think my computer can handle a PS2 emulator, and I'd need at least a new monitor and HDMI-to-AC/DC adapters to play legit? Nevertheless, the original XBox was awesome and XML was one reason for it.

...though I am glad Nightcrawler got his sabers in X-Men Legend 2. He's my favorite of the dude X-Men. :3

PaladinRoxi

Dragon in a DeepSleep
Reaction score
First Language
English Only
Primarily Uses
Other
Im not interested in Superheroes, nor Marvel. But i am interested in Minecraft.

Stragot

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVX
for example, HoboMan, here a homeless person who fights evil acts as a superhero. There was no release yet. But I really liked the cartoon.
Oh, these weird russians:rhappy:
Homeless bum who saves the city? Seriously?
This is trash of course! I want to play)))

stacyjast

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I love superheroes games but I cannot play because they are all too difficult for me
so I prefer some easier such as street fighter or something like that

Jhale M.

Goddess of health, purity and truth.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Ah, Tatsunoko is an interesting hero universe. Glad that game exists or otherwise I would have been unlikely to learn about it.

My favorite Superhero game is Marvel vs Capcom Infinite, but since I haven't actually played it, just watched a bunch of tournaments, I don't know if it counts. Also, I would count Dragon Ball Z as a superhero series, so then Dragon Ball FighterZ could also compete with Marvel Infinite in awesome games to watch (although I actually played Dragon Ball FighterZ and also found it good to play with what little time I spent).

Others that I played and really liked are Spider-Man 1 and 2 for PS2, but Spider-Man for PS1 was also really cool as it was the first game to be done in that style. X-Men Legends 1 and 2 is also really great, but I really don't remember those games well (and I actually don't remember Spider-Man 1 and 2 well either).

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
There are actually no real good superhero games for me.
I was always more into Marvel than DC stuff, but it seems Marvel do not care for games that much.
The few which exist arent what I want to play.

Arrowgantt

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
Infamous 2 was going to be my answer too. The movement in this game is so much better than the first one, and I feel like it did a great job of capturing the essence of being a superhero who can do nearly anything. I also thought the story and characters were pretty good, and I loved the ending.
I like cartoons, movies about superheroes from childhood. Of course, I like to play such games about my favorite characters. It seems that I have already played all such games.
I would like to know which superhero games do you like the most? Maybe some online games or platformers? In general, give your advice..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Who shares/sells their scripts/plugins on itch.io? Can I pick your brain?
If you ever need fantasy names and you're bored, make a fictional alphabet. Switch around the letters and see what you get :p
I JUST GOT PROMOTED TO 9TH GRADE BOIS!
On a scale of one to I just drew a pineapple with hairy legs how bored are you today?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tanzx