What Are Your Thoughts ---> Christian-Based Gaming (pictures included)

Would you play a Christian-Based game if it offered the same quality as mainstream?

• Yes... I try it out...

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • No... It doesn't interest me...

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • It depends...

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Orb

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Sure, why not, but... does it have TEMPLARS?

Jokes aside, I would definitely try it out, just because I'm tired of the generic RPG games that most people do. I'm not religious tho, and I wouldn't like the developer to try to convince me otherwise, but it's always interesting to explore new things, know about different religions and understand the perspective that other cultures have to offer.

Failivrin

Final Frontiersman
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I was a kid, I found Wisdom Tree's Christian NES games highly entertaining. Granted, religion wasn't much more than a stylish backdrop; game mechanics were always similar to mainstream Nintendo, with scripture memorization offering bonus points. In the same way people still feel charmed by Link and Mario, I do think there's something to be said for the allure of familiar characters, even biblical ones.
That being said, I am no longer a Christian and would not even be tempted by such games nowadays.

Caitlin

\(=^o^=)/ Kitten shall rule the world!!!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Do I think that someone can make a 'religious' game have it be a deep story line with greater meaning behind it, while keeping true to what the religion says? Yes, I do. But the religious games I've seen are pretty bad, preachy and an excuse to tell Bible stories and I think that they can be so much more than that. Some of the best learning is done through stories, because it gives you the ability to experience things that you wouldn't normally experience. If someone came along with a really good story that is relevant to today's youth, things worth fighting for at the same time as making decisions and facing the hardship of those choices.. Yes, I do think it could work. And when I say fighting, I don't always mean with a weapon, either. But if it is just an excuse to do a bible story game, I haven't seen any of those that were any good.

umbralshadows

the silks angel
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah I'd like ta try it out as long as its interesting an I guess religion is interesting cuzz I don't know much about it only that if theres god then it hates me. :kaosigh:I barely know any bible stories so tha game would have ta treat the player as if theyre notchristian or havent heard about it or else I'd get lost tryina understand what the meaning is. .. Unless tha story stands by itself ofcourse. I dont really know how bible plots are yo. But I try anything once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I keep forgetting how much I hate how VX-MV implements fences and autotile tables.
Big 10:40 composition of mine! I'll be using this for a big city in my current project! This track is huge, and took me one entire month of full time work to complete. If you want more info, like on the lyrics, check out this thread.
Balancing the Damage numbers in my Game's Battle System makes me feel like I'm some kind of a Math Genius @_@
Remember, you can enter up to THREE effects for a chance to win a copy of MZ! Only 11 submissions so far, the chances of winning is high! :D https://itch.io/jam/elfkisser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooglerampage