What are your thoughts on Kingdom Hearts 3 so far?

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I actually think, story-wise it may turn out to be the best one in the series so far, since we're told it'll conclude everything. I also like a lot of what I saw in the trailers and how they're trying to make all the main characters have some sort of important role.

It looks like it'll turn out great so I'm surprised for not seeing a thread about it here yet.

It's been a LONG time coming though, I can't believe how many years went by before they finally started working on this.

What are your thoughts?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I really like the series, but honestly the story has become so confusing. I'm at least happy everything will (or at least should) be resolved in KH3, and yes, it will probably be epic. I'm more excited for gameplay though, and exploring those big Disney worlds (especially Toys Story!).

I just hope they'll release the game on PC (I stopped gaming on consoles 2 years ago, so I didn't buy the more recent consoles).

atoms

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@MushroomCake28 Yes I agree, the story continues with new plot twists within each of the games so much so that it can become confusing, but that's another reason why I think the story of this third one will be good, because we've been told it'll resolve everything. So I can see them having a lot of oppertunities to resolve all the confusion in a way that is really good, and I like what I've seen in the trailers so far. Though, again, they have added even more plot twists. My guess is it's done for surprises and they expected people who play them to buy all the games and play them in order, it's a clever strategy, I'll say that.

Gameplay wise, it does look like it's going to turn out to be really fun and the best in the series so far! I like a lot of the added features and that you have more characters then just two, I mean that other characters from other worlds are sort of playable as AI.

I don't think they've released them on PC before? I'm actually surprised they never released them on Nintendo, but I'm guessing there must be some complex reason as to why not. Is it just the console can't handle the game or a deeper reason? Wonder if anyone knows?

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
EN, FR
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Yup, KH3 looks very promising.

Them didn't announce it for PC, and no previous KH have been released on PC. But this one is made with UE4, so it should be relatively easy to port. My guess is that they're going to do like FF15, release for consoles first, then release a PC version months after. I'm pretty sure they just don't want to pay 30% of sale revenues to steam lol.

Bone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The last trailer is indistinguishable from parody trailers or jokes about the story line being confusing/nonsensical.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I stopped caring about the overarching plot of Kingdom Hearts after Dream Drop Distance. It has less to do with the complexity and more to do with the poor writing and storytelling.

Complixity doesn't mean depth. If anything, compixity without depth is transparently shallow. KH has a lot of stuff going on, but a lot of it is for the sake of a lot of it going on, and it's obvious based on how they present it.

"It's not Ansem, It's his Heartless. But it's not Ansem's Heartless, it's Xehanort's Heartless. But it's not from Xehanort's body, it was when he was possessing Terra."

I'm excited about KH3, really excited. But I don't understand why everything leading up to it should make me believe the story can be summarized as anything other than "Darkness vanquished with the power of friendship."

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.
My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twofacegibby