What are you're early childhood favorite games?

Imploded Tomato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Favourite games from early childhood would be River Raid and Defender for the Atari 2600. Later I was hooked on the original Final Fantasy for NES when that came out.
Nice, I never got a chance to play the Atari 2600 as this was before my time although I did play some Pitfall on a emulator. I remember playing Final Fantasy 1, Dragon Warrior 1-3 and Ultima : Exodus on the NES before I could even read.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
When I wasn't playing the old C&C games, I was playing Dark Colony.

I could play that game all day and never get bored. Tried to play it recently and the sound was all screwed up on the new Windows OS.

I also used to play Legacy of Kain Blood Omen a fair bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

Imploded Tomato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
When I wasn't playing the old C&C games, I was playing Dark Colony.

I could play that game all day and never get bored. Tried to play it recently and the sound was all screwed up on the new Windows OS.

I also used to play Legacy of Kain Blood Omen a fair bit.
I never got a chance to play any of those titles as I didn't have a pc back when I was a kid. C&C looks fun, I love strategy games. Age of Empires was my favorite strategy game, then came StarCraft and Diablo 1 & 2. I still play D2 LOD from time to time.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I used to play Age of Empires 1, and thought AoE 2 was amazing. Hehe. I remember getting my hands on a demo of the original Starcraft. The demo had several campaign style missions in which you commanded Terran colonists fighting off rebel forces, and then unidentified aliens; which turned out to be the Zerg. The demo made those few missions seem so epic, with you being sworn to secrecy about the appearance of these aliens (the character in-game called them Xenomorphs) and these aliens being this unknown threat. I couldn't stop playing it, I'd always read every Starcraft article in PC Zone over and over again, and would constantly talk about it to everyone and anyone who would listen. I was eventually given the full game on Christmas, and on that Christmas I was the happiest kid in the world. :)

Imploded Tomato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I used to play Age of Empires 1, and thought AoE 2 was amazing. Hehe. I remember getting my hands on a demo of the original Starcraft. The demo had several campaign style missions in which you commanded Terran colonists fighting off rebel forces, and then unidentified aliens; which turned out to be the Zerg. The demo made those few missions seem so epic, with you being sworn to secrecy about the appearance of these aliens (the character in-game called them Xenomorphs) and these aliens being this unknown threat. I couldn't stop playing it, I'd always read every Starcraft article in PC Zone over and over again, and would constantly talk about it to everyone and anyone who would listen. I was eventually given the full game on Christmas, and on that Christmas I was the happiest kid in the world. :)
Right on, yup good games. I recently bought Age of Empires 2 HD off of Steam and I love it! Age of Mythology is another great game as well. I haven't tried Age of Empires Online yet although I want to at some point. Were you old enough to play any old DOS games back in the day? I'll never forget playing Doom 1, Quake 1, Duke Nukem 3D, Heretic, Hexen, and Daggerfall on my parents PC. Great memories!

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I sure was! I loved playing Duke Nukem 3D. My dad got it from a shop called Dixons (which I'm pretty sure doesn't exist anymore) and the bloke who sold it to him also gave him some cheat codes. I used to enjoy messing around, and exploring, in the stages. One of my favourite levels was that Duke Burger stage. I loved all the little secret areas you could find in most areas.

I never really enjoyed Doom 1 and 2, but never got around to playing Quake. I enjoyed playing Heretic. I even managed to defeat D'sparil, which was a tough fight. I also enjoyed Hexen and Hexen 2; you could punch tombstones to rubble in Hexen 2. Never played Daggerfall, so I don't know what it's like.

Samsonite

Samuel L.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Nice, I never got a chance to play the Atari 2600 as this was before my time although I did play some Pitfall on a emulator. I remember playing Final Fantasy 1, Dragon Warrior 1-3 and Ultima : Exodus on the NES before I could even read.
Pitfall was pretty fun. I had Ultima: Exodus for NES as well. I never enjoyed it as much as Final Fantasy or the Dragon Warrior seriers for NES.

Imploded Tomato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Pitfall was pretty fun. I had Ultima: Exodus for NES as well. I never enjoyed it as much as Final Fantasy or the Dragon Warrior seriers for NES.
Dragon Warrior 4 was my favorite, it was brilliantly made and way ahead of it's time. I loved the series of chapters with different characters and how they all met up later in the story line to aid the "Hero" character that the Player assumed the role of. It was my Grandmother that actually got me started on the NES as a child, good memories. I remember playing The Legend of Zelda for so long back in the day that a blue spot would stay on the television screen even after the NES was shut off, lol.

Samsonite

Samuel L.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dragon Warrior 4 pretty great. Each game in the series really improved upon the last one.

Dragon Warrior 3 became my favourite Dragon Warrior game because I bought it thinking it was the last one in the series. The Dragon Warrior series wasn't too popular in Canada. It was a few years later at a flee market that I bought number 4. I still have it.

Imploded Tomato

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Dragon Warrior 4 pretty great. Each game in the series really improved upon the last one.

Dragon Warrior 3 became my favourite Dragon Warrior game because I bought it thinking it was the last one in the series. The Dragon Warrior series wasn't too popular in Canada. It was a few years later at a flee market that I bought number 4. I still have it.
Oh, you lucked out finding Dragon Warrior 4 at a flea market. I bought it on Amazon for $60 USD for my Grandmother who still enjoys player her NES. Flea markets are fun, I'm thinking about getting another Nintendo Entertainment System in the future as emulators don't offer the same experience, although I'm not sure how that would work out playing on my 50" Vizio smart tv...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

rux
Just 80% of my motivation on game making lmao, anyone got tips on how to not be unmotivated?
I've signed up for a job training program for people with Asperger's Syndrome. I went to a "test run" today so they could see how well I did with simple jobs, and I amazed them. Most new people do it in 30+ minutes, while I finished in a mere 15 minutes. Gives me time to work on a screenplay for Studio MDHR...
People,I have seen that Someone from China/Chile and London is doing a Vaccine Against COVID-19.
Doing anything that yield good result in the long run is like sowing seeds. With proper care, they will grow and bear fruits. I'm excited for tomorrow. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twilightprincess