What Battle System do you like?

Commotion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Hello everyone, Im currently trying to figure out what Battle system I want to do, so in your opinion please tell me which battle system you enjoy playing the most and maybe give me a reason why :)

**ONLY GIVE YOUR OPINION ON THE ONE YOU LIKE- IF YOU DONT LIKE A SYSTEM DONT GIVE A INPUT ON IT PLEASE**

Bloodmorphed

Dungeon Fanatic
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I quite like Yanfly's battle system. It's really the only one I've ever used though.

You can make some pretty interesting stuff in there, there is, however a learning curve if you want to do something a bit more advanced. Like a Life Steal or, a Soul Harvest skill could get a little tricky, depending on how you want to do it, of course. But overall it's pretty easy to use.

BoluBolu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
For battle system, I like ATB system the most, tactical also good, but for classic RPG I prefer ATB system, the default Turn Based System is my second choice after ATB, the last would be Action Battle System.

For the Engine, I don't know, I haven't found any that suites me really well, although Yanfly Battle Engine is the best for Front View Battle in my opinion, I've used it for my first training game combined with Fomar's ATB System it works quite well.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Classic turn-based, side-view.

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Khas SAS takes the cake for me.

Take a look:

CLICK ME!

Yanfly's scripts are also incredible for a turn base gaming system.

Commotion

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
So many I did not know about :o I want to make a game with each one noooo to little time ;_;

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I like Yanfly Battle Engine. It offers much information in its HUD. Like playing animation over the HUD, damage popup, selecting enemy by highlight the battler instead of selecting the enemy using window.

I like sideview, I mean, the real sideview one. Not only the visual battler but also the eyecandy. I like to watch awesome action sequences and such. You could try Battle Symphony, Victor Animated Battler, Journey Battle System, Molegato Basimple Battle System, or my Theolized Sideview Battle System (link on signature). So far, those are the current sideview battle system which offers action sequences

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My personal favourite combination currently is Galv's Animated Battle system + Yanfly's Battle Engine. The two are compatible and work well together. Galv's system for the animated battlers feature, and Yanfly's for the general mechanics, HUD, and pop ups. So I guess my personal favourite will have to be side-view, turn-based systems with animated battlers.

HumanNinjaToo

The Cheerful Pessimist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
If you want sideview, I suggest the Theolized Side Battle System. Of all the ones I've tried out for my game, this one seems to have the best balance of features without being overly complicated. A close second would be Victor's Animated Battle. His has many features and many add-on scripts but, to me, his is a bit harder to understand and implement. That's why I say Theolized is my favorite, easier to work with because he has many instructions and examples on his wiki page.

If you prefer ABS, I suggest Falcao's Liquid Pearl. It has many, many features. It also has lots of instructions. It can easily be manipulated to do many things. In my opinion, it's way above all the other ABS scripts out there.

Tobiasu

Wizman
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
my personal favorite is Lnx11 XP Style plus ATB

it shows an actor battler graphic by using note tags in actor's database

and both actors and enemies have ATB Gauge

here's my game sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNV37WV6Q0g&list=UUlECWzaAmT6XpMcVxOrOldA

in case of sideview, I used Reedo's simple sideview + Jet's viewed battle system

I can use an animated enemy battler with these scripts. 

here's the sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4tqfymCejg&list=UUlECWzaAmT6XpMcVxOrOldA

and in my current project, I used Lnx11 XP showing an actor's large portrait

here's the sample:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqiW4tW_wWM&list=UUlECWzaAmT6XpMcVxOrOldA

Last edited by a moderator:

Milena

The woman of many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
XAS. No one can beat XAS.

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yepp XAS FOREVER :3!

okai for SIdeview System 

I love Tankentai Vx ace edition 

for front view

I love the Moghunter Battle hud Ex

for ABS 

Obviously this is XAS!

but I also love for non-categorisable battle system

Schala Battle system 

OM3GA-Z3RO

Wounded Seraphim
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Moghunter makes very nice battle system hub's check it out!

_Shadow_

Tech Magician Level:
Reaction score
First Language
Greek
Primarily Uses
RMMZ

Can you find terms of use for commercial games?

If no (Japanese author can not be found anywhere) you can't use it in commercial games.

Thus the Khas action battle system wins the race.

In case you figured out what is going on with XAS, of course... XAS rules!

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Afaik... XAS is free for commercial. I remember my friend use it for commercial game

Milena

The woman of many questions
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Irish
Primarily Uses
N/A
Can you find terms of use for commercial games?

If no (Japanese author can not be found anywhere) you can't use it in commercial games.

Thus the Khas action battle system wins the race.

In case you figured out what is going on with XAS, of course... XAS rules!
It's free for Commercial and Non Commercial. SAS is already old and you can't use it for party battles.

yepp XAS FOREVER :3!

okai for SIdeview System 

I love Tankentai Vx ace edition 

for front view

I love the Moghunter Battle hud Ex

for ABS 

Obviously this is XAS!

but I also love for non-categorisable battle system

Schala Battle system 
I was about to agree when you mentioned the old tankentai.

TheRiotInside

Extra Ordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm a big fan of regular turn-based battle systems, with one important tweak. Instead of selecting your entire party's actions and employing strategy basically by guessing when your party members and enemies will act, I'm a big fan of turn-based systems where once the turn starts, you pick party member actions individually as their time to act comes up. I'm having trouble explaining it clearly, but it's like what's used in Xenosaga 1.

captainproton

Dangerously Nifty
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
I've experimented with ATB systems, but I just find the standard side-view turn-based easier to manage and overall more pleasant.

I don't have a problem with random encounters, though I did prefer how they were handled in Dragon Quest 9 for the DS. (Monster sprites appeared randomly on the map and either chased you or ran away, depending on your level. If you were looking for a specific drop item, you could seek out a particular monster, but it still kept you on your toes.)

SOC

Be your own hero
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Side view ATB gauge that's medium-fast paced. Good detailed sprites with nice, big, epic looking enemies. Visceral animations and sound effects.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Tired of just doing mobile. Now you can Play the game in ur Browser! https://bigmala-productions.itch.io/rpg-forever
I managed to fix my car at last... :biggrin:

I'm proud of what I have achieved with my project. Don't mind with the Spanish, Ill add more languages.
Im currently looking at the RPG MAKER Steam page, and i found out the Rpg maker mz requires bit 64 pc, i only have bit 32 pc ;-;, i am really using an ancient pc.. XD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gillfigno