Taiga102

My friend’s call me Taiga The Tiger
Reaction score
First Language
Japanese
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm trying to make a common event that detects when you press "S," and it jumps to a specific part of the scene depending on where you are in it. I already set up all the labels in the scene:

1627321138227.png

(Every label in the scene has this with different numbers set for the variable) And the common event itself:

1627321196111.png

I'm trying to make it so this button can be pressed multiple times, and then I can disable it when the scene is over. But whenever I press "S," it automatically skips to the "debate4" label when it should go to "debate2." Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Mr_Mydnight

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
VNM
I'm trying to make a common event that detects when you press "S," and it jumps to a specific part of the scene depending on where you are in it. I already set up all the labels in the scene:

View attachment 196943

(Every label in the scene has this with different numbers set for the variable) And the common event itself:

View attachment 196944

I'm trying to make it so this button can be pressed multiple times, and then I can disable it when the scene is over. But whenever I press "S," it automatically skips to the "debate4" label when it should go to "debate2." Does anybody know what I'm doing wrong?
Are you using the Jump to Label in the Common Event, or the scene itself? I've been having some issues using the Jump to Label command in Common Events, if the Label its jumping to is in the scene instead of within the Common Event itself.

Also are you using local variables for you common events? When I tried that I got nothing but undefined variables

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just finished eventing a couple simple puzzles in RMMV, for my very first game "Sample Quest." Just messing around, throwing things together, and calling it a story XD On a non-RM note, got my hair cut today!
I feel the need to inform everyone on the forums NOT to go with Web Hosting Canada for your hosting needs. It is by far the worst customer service and just overall experience I have ever had with hosting and I am Canadian...
BCj
Got another eye surgery monday. Hope I'll recover quick and all's well. A bit tired of surgeries. On a happy note, working on the next chapter of Escalia so hope I can continue soon :)
Celebrating the arrival of autumn in the Northern Hemisphere :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cthulhu95