• Total voters

Traveling Bard

The Bard
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm making a game that includes poison slimes and at first I was like "well obviously they should be purple", as opposed to the normal blue, the magical red, etc... But then I thought about it. Alot. And here we are. Thoughts?

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
According to google image search, either purple or green are the most common results.

Grunwave

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Purple if magical, green if preternatural.

Ryisunique

Detective, AUEI
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What's the poison?

Adding in to Grunwave a yellow green for biological.

FluffexStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think green would fit well as natural poison.

Mystic_Enigma

A scattered memory, hoping to be recalled...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Purple is typically what I think first when it comes to poison. You could also try black (to fit oil or sludge).

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Any color :3

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think purple or green when it comes to poison; both are often used in games/visuals as a cue.

Whatever you choose, stick with it consistently. If you decide yellow, make your poison effects yellow, etc.

gstv87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Spanish
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
green is traditionally associated to poison, but since slimes are usually green themselves (or, blue-ish, or transparent), then you need to mark the difference against green.
purple would fit more with magic, while black fits more with modern styles.
yellow is usually radiant damage (radiation, sacred, thunder, light, etc)

MMMm

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
N/A
I voted purple, but you could also use black depending on the kind of venom the slime produces.

Is this thing causing necrosis and rotting everything around it upon contact? Does it secrete a venom that's filled with toxins from all the poisonous plants the slime eats? Is this a magical poison and the slime casts a spell to use it? Is this thing poisoning the water supply and the lakes and rivers?

Your fantasy creature would look different depending on what role it has in your world and how it survives.

Bone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It can be any of the normal colors we associate poison with. But like MMMm said, it should be tied to the source of the poison. Another thing to consider is the importance of the color to the whole experience. Is the color green associated with healing spells? Then maybe you should avoid green. How it ties to your games themes could also be important, let's say a villain is going to be using poison heavy attacks, maybe tie the color of poison to his design and any scenes that he is involved in.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It's a Spanish devlog don't get scared!. (please)
Q:"Why don't you get a job?"
A: Posting statuses IS my job. It just so happens to not pay and happen periodically over the course of three months.
My new 49" monitor has been dispatched from the warehouse. Will it arrive tomorrow? The day after? I love that we can track packages now, even if it does only tell me when it's left that end and when it's arrived at the local centre. As long as it doesn't end up in Melbourne again, which has happened before ...
My friend's doing a surprise stream of my game Origin Hunt on Twitch here ! Feel free to stop by :yhappy:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beregond2