What colors do you associate with spring and summer?

Which colors do you think fit best?

• Yellow/green for Spring, and blue/green for summer.

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Blue/green for Spring, and yellow/green for summer.

Votes: 8 61.5%

• Total voters

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So I am having a bit of a problem that is probably related to a player's regional experiences and where they live. So I'd like to ask the majority. For spring and summer, which season do you typically think of being more green/blue and vibrant, and which do you think being more yellow/green and fresh?

Example below of two color schemes. Which do you think is better for the two seasons? Screenshot taken from my game using FSM.

SpringSummer.jpg

samkfj

Bug Powder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well... being from Texas, I would associate Spring like this:

UnixD78.png

And this would be Summer:
fDwmUV2.png

But to answer your question: I would say Blue/Green for Spring and Yellow/Green for Summer.

<3

Last edited:

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
In Spring the leaves are lighter green, in summer they turned dark green.
Thats why i choosed the first option yellowgreen= spring.

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you guys for the opinions! I also asked on a discord channel of RM users. There, 1 person agreed with the yellow summer, and 2 people said they think a more green summer. But the majority still seems to be yellow summer for drier grass.

artoni

Writer, Editor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Well... being from Texas, I would associate Spring like this:

UnixD78.png

And this would be Summer:
fDwmUV2.png

But to answer your question: I would say Blue/Green for Spring and Yellow/Green for Summer.

<3

ROFLMAO

Personally I'm the opposite, though; the left image seems more spring, the right image seems more summer (in the originally posted image). :kaojoy:

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
To be fair though, in my game the world's seasons are taken care of by magic. So if some people see the colors as backwards, the magic could explain it. I think. xD

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
One Idea, use the blue green trees with the yellow green ground for Summer.
Edit: Not a good Idea, forget about it =).

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Also, I should note that generally more flowers and blossomy things would be present during spring than summer.

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yeah adding more flowers in spring and then having just leaves in summer will be the main signifier, since people of different climates see different colors for spring and summer, but most people associate spring with flowers.

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
To be honest, before reading the choices, I thought "I associate yellow and green with both spring and summer". I associate most shades of blue with winter - yes, deep blue rivers (and light blue rains) are something you'll often see in those brighter, warmer seasons, but it's not something that comes to my mind as a direct association at first.

So yeah, I really do think of both yellow and green for both of these seasons. I think that if you need to differentiate art styles between the two, lean further towards yellows and limes for Spring, including multicolor pastels (reminiscent of both spring flowers and Easter), and go for deeper, darker, richer greens for summer (reminiscent of fully-grown grass and pine trees), even leaning into some light tans and light browns if you want to (just avoid darker browns, reds, and oranges which are more autumnal).

PS - I won't vote for either option, because I think blue would ruin either season's color palette. But now I can't view the results either. I'd appreciate if you made the results viewable without voting! :)

Xenphir

Nature's Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Fixed that for ya! Thank you for your opinion. Its about 50/50 between the votes here and the opinions on discord. Hum I'll have to see what looks best with the flowers and other seasonal items.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

My entire family and I have Covid... If it's this bad with the vaccine, without must be terrible. Stay safe, everyone. This thing is a doozy.
Ugh. Head heavy with sick juice. I wish I could work on my stuff. o_O
I'm coming back to my work with Learn RPG Maker MV. Soon I'll be posting previews screenshots for my "paterons"! :guffaw:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aubycringe