What computer/console do you use for gaming? Why?

Blade of soul stealing

If i haven't killed you yet...
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
PC, B)

and anything back from the golden years, if i ever get around to them.

(by golden years i mean anything before 2007)

Nemoide

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm a big retro fan, so I don't really know how to answer this without listing everything I own (a lot of different consoles and a couple old computers one of which is the same age I am).

But I suppose I've been using my PS2 and Nintendo DSi XL the most lately. And in the current generation, I love the Xbox 360 and it's awesome shoot 'em-up library.

Chaneque

Prince of Strange Things
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I have a DS, PSP, 3DS, GameBoy Advance and an Xbox but the DS is the only one that sees much use, as I play it almost every day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Warpmind

Twisted Genius
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
PC, and a 3DS for the somewhat smaller game library I have for that console. Not everyone can afford to get all the different platforms, you know, and when you plan on doing more than JUST playing games, the PC becomes a very obvious default choice. (Not a Mac, though - if you can afford one of those, you have no business *****ing about not being able to afford an Xbox or Playstation or the like...)

Besides, I just don't like the FPS controls on consoles, anyway - by far preferring the mouse/keyboard combinations I grew up with (all the way back to Doom in the very, very early 1990s) - and the somewhat wider range of options that come with a machine with which it it possible to emulate a number of older systems...

Hmmm, maybe I should fire up the ol' C64 emulator and play me some Ghostbusters again... :D

Quadocky

Elbow Greaser
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
The ones that have hardly any JRPGs on them. That is the only common thread I can find.

ChillRichVoices

Voice Actor & Gamer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I split my time equally between my PC and PS3. The PS3 I'll play sports games and also my old PS2 and PS titles on it. My PC I'll use for everything else. I like the fact that there are a wide variety of mods available for some PC games so that you can almost extend its shelf life indefinitely like all the Bethesda titles and also Sims 3.

Last edited by a moderator:

Martine1979

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I own these:
NES, SNES, GB, GBC, GBA, 3DS, 2DS, Wii, Wii U, NGC, N64, Nintendo Switch
PS1, PS2 (US and PAL ones), PS3, PS4 and PS5
Sega Master System, Dreamcast
Xbox Original, Xbox 360, Xbox One
Some Game & Watch games.
And lastly a good gaming PC that my brother has built. (however I need a new one soon so I will ask him to build me a new gaming PC.)

I am a huge gaming nerd since 1988. :D

• Wow
Reactions: Ami

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I own these:
Dude. It's awesome that you found these forums and are really excited to participate in conversations. But do you really need to flood everyone's new/unread posts sections with threads that have been done for a long time? Like, this thread is nine years dead.

A bunch of the stuff you've posted in has been past the necro-posting limit for the forum rules, but this one is, like...several generations of video game consoles have been released and become obsolete since this thread was relevant. :stickytongue:

Helen1701

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I play on the Nintendo Switch the most, although I do use my laptop for some games (okay, Forge of Empires mostly). I also own a Wii, and play on that sometimes too because I like some of the games on there and I can pick up games for that cheap as chips secondhand from some shops.

lolotron6

Villager
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I use a oc because I can use it for work and gaming

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Interesting thread.

I'm PC exclusive (and maybe Android). I never own any console. Not even renting or want to have one.

Ami

World Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesia
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Only PC/Laptop that i have for gaming (now,it didn't work & need to re-install) & Phone (sadly,doesn't interest me to play)

Mostly,i play the Emulator to find something new & for nostalgia

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
My god...! This thread's blast from the past, man!
58.gif

I play mainly on PC now. The 1660 Super I bought last year will be enough for the next 5 years or so, until GPUs stop being expensive. Or I'll just get a prebuilt.

Arctica

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A 5 year old laptop because my current RL situation doesn't prohibit buying a desktop at the moment..

Kyiross

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Desktop Pc and a Switch I also own a PS4 but it's not set up and basically a persona 5 box as far as older consoles go I have a PSX, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox360, N64, Gamecube, Wii and a Sega Megadrive. All still worked last time I cheeked them Had them all science new and I'd probably still keep them if they didn't work.

lianderson

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
PC is for RPG Maker, and PS4 is for everything else. Praise be.

gowane

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
franch
Primarily Uses
Other
I play a lot on consol, I have a ps4 and a switch.

retrofiction

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I play on Switch most of the time with my kids. When it comes to PS5/XSX I only play games on PS5 that don't release on game pass OR games that I have always played on one of the consoles. Resident Evil games for example I always play on Playstation, it is just a weird tradition in my head.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_5_26_2022_11_36_32.png
added a Panic gauge to battle. it fills up according to your actions. each character has a different passive that activates once the gauge is full. also once full, a countdown starts and after each action taken, the gauges decreases. with each character, the decrease is different.
Genuinely considering making a thread informing people how to Google.
It's time for Da Update...

Prototyping some overworld abilities. Some of the characters you'll meet on your journey can use special overworld skills to travel around. This can be something like digging holes in the ground or getting hints towards your next objective.

Even more things I made.
Equipping Abilities is very important.
fLhHhZjh.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THORR1