What countries would you like to see a pokemon reigion be based on?

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Just what the title says

Me personally, i'd like to see a region based off Spain. Mainly for the fact that sense the fire starters go off the Chinese zodiac, it would be a good time to make a fire pokemon that's a bull. They could also make the final form a minotaur thats a matador as well. Cool concept in my eyes!

HalcyonDaze

Smoke and Mirrors
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The Democratic Republic of the Congo. Or Peru.

Froggo32

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Poland. The final boss would be your grandmother after you refuse another plate of pierogi.
But I highly doubt that they will, since a lot of foreign countries see Poland as poor nation and not everyone know about it.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I'd be interested in seeing what they'd do with my country, Belgium. I have no idea whether this would be interesting to anyone else though xD

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Most of the mainline non-Japanese regions thus far has been based on popular tourist destination for the Japanese. New York, France, Hawaii. The one that fits this the least is Britain, but it still fits.

Chances are they'll play it safe and go back to the USA. But I agree Brazil would be a good choice. Like USA and Japan, they don't have to make the whole country a single region.

CrocPirate

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If I was a betting man, I say the next region will be based on China.

In 2018, Pokemon received their official Chinese names and the Pokemon is working with Tencent, plus they released a version of the Nintendo Switch in China. It just makes economically sense to release a game that will carter to a somewhat new/larger audience.

Lornsteyn

Sleepy Dragon
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A chinese themed Pokemon game sounds interesting.
I think even I would buy this if done right, despite the games are just too easy nowadays.

Milennin

"With a bang and a boom!"
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Egypt, or the Middle East region. Just because I'm curious to see what they'd do with it.

Bakuda

The Music Man
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I think it would be awesome to have a region based upon Australia.

Bendyizzt

The Radionist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe not bast of covid, but china...I would really like to see a china dragon pokemon...

h0tWalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If you guys speculate on regions, you should definetly check out Mr Buddy on youtube. His a pokemon fan who made videos "What if ... was a region in pokemon?". He has already made one about Australia, Scandinavia, italy and Greece as far as I re-call. I would love to see a proper one based of Scandinavia (well, given that I'm from there), but primarily cause of the different climate and the heritage and mythology surrounding the region. Guess you could throw in folklore too for the dark types of pokemons. :D

Celestrium

Adventurer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would like to see pokemon based on bacteria and such, but done in a cute chibi way combining with animals or the like. Not COVID or anything life threatening, but like inside a large mythical pokemon environment.

EDIT: Would also like Pokemon to add more extinct species to their roster

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Is this Profile Banner thing new? Or did I just discovered it now?
Well.. I was going to post my randomly generated road experiments... But the new "Attach Files" on profile posts seems to be quite buggy. Also there's no more option to insert Imgur images. Highly unfortunate. Guess I'll give them a bit to fix it and go back to messing with stuff.
my first day back to working on my project and i'm pooped!! hope to get back in the rhythm soon!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beccokiwis