What did players say was the most fun about your game?

watermark

Playing around with MZ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The eternal dev question: What makes my game fun?

It's the most difficult and most important question to get right. Because you can have terrible graphics, elevator music, non-existent story, cardboard characters and cliched dialogue...but people will play if your game is fun.

I think it's very enlightening when players tell you what they think is fun. For example, in my game Blacksword I thought the story was the main draw. It turned out that people thought the story was okay, but they raved about the combat system. So what the dev thinks and what players think can be very different.

What did players thought was fun about your game? Did it surprise you? Did you learn something? Did you change your game afterwards or still stuck with your original vision?

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Different players, different answers.
In general they tend to like the secrets, the plot, the twists, the tricks, the characters etc.

Not really surprising imo and I stick to my original vision most of the time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

ScreenShot_8_19_2022_2_3_18.png
FINALLY got the mood system in the game during battle. Since the game is called Panic Attack, I figured you should have certain moods present including Panic. so the main 3 or Hype, Depressed, and Anxious. Panic is only when stunned.
Red_V2.png
Red's design is finally finished (his hair is blue on purpose, it's a joke!). Out of all of the compulsory party members, he spends the most time with you. Just like the character he's based on, he presents himself as a simple person who only wants to help others, but there's obviously more to him than meets the eye.
I drew the cover for my new book. I don 't like to entrust this work to someone else )

WM8Xp2VYvg8.jpg
So if I wanted to share little video clips of my game on here... without using youtube... what would be the most ideal way to do that? FWIW, I use Mega a lot to upload videos and just share the links with my friends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShinyPorygonZ