What did players say was the most fun about your game?

watermark

Playing around with MZ
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The eternal dev question: What makes my game fun?

It's the most difficult and most important question to get right. Because you can have terrible graphics, elevator music, non-existent story, cardboard characters and cliched dialogue...but people will play if your game is fun.

I think it's very enlightening when players tell you what they think is fun. For example, in my game Blacksword I thought the story was the main draw. It turned out that people thought the story was okay, but they raved about the combat system. So what the dev thinks and what players think can be very different.

What did players thought was fun about your game? Did it surprise you? Did you learn something? Did you change your game afterwards or still stuck with your original vision?

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Different players, different answers.
In general they tend to like the secrets, the plot, the twists, the tricks, the characters etc.

Not really surprising imo and I stick to my original vision most of the time.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I made a menu option that pulls a (accurate) version of the world map from my game instead of having a "traditional" world map. How did I do?View attachment 231194
1656550526125.png
Town Design is the best part of an RPG. Well, that and dungeon design
I think that this forum's member posts should include their Phone Number and Social Insurance Number.
My PC just broke with everything I've been working on, on it. I can't afford to replace it. Life is just wonderful....
More musics! Praise be to the winter towns!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Desteyo34