L.W. Flouisa

NumeroHex
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
What are some of the things changed from regular Ruby and RGSS current version?

Right now I'm busy working on a semi-rogue like, so I don't have as much time as I'd like. But what are some elements in Ruby that wont port over well to RGSSS?

I know gets.chomp doesn't work outside of terminal, although in my experience in learning rubygame the community over there is so quiet it's hard to ask a question

What I know how to do: A basic HUD screen, conditional statements, door unlocking, basic battle system (the battle isn't the point, stealth is), random name generator.

For a screen shot of what I mean.

How would such a HUD work in rubygame? Would such a format even be necessary in RPG Maker?

I'm wanting some elements of rogue like in RPG maker without all of them.

HUD.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Idril

Widdershins Games
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Well, RPG Maker works right of the box with no coding necessary (WYSIWYG). It's not really a system that requires any coding. And for your needs I'm willing to bet someone has whipped up scripts for roguelike gameplay before, since VXAce is well-established.

Two examples -

The default battle system in RPG Maker VX Ace has front-view battlers and turn-based battle, but there have been so many scripts put out to modify that, so you could have side-view or even on-map battles.

There are a few HUD scripts out there but I'm not sure they're exactly what you're looking for. I could use some more specifics on what you're wanting to make, then I'd be able to help you out more.

L.W. Flouisa

NumeroHex
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thanks I'll be sure to take a look. I just now figured out AI in ruby, so the semi roguelike (you change psuedonyms instead of characters) might have to wait for a few.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

When you're forced to make a tutorial for something obvious.
246907756_284595507001402_2098549601125689312_n.jpg
one dislike. tragic really ofended me bruh
i only have one decent song and i dont even think it fits for a video game
Update: I finished the combat arena! My goodness, it took a while! There were numerous little bugs to squash.
Maldra wrote on stramin's profile.
Hi regarding the 32 bit -> 64 bit
I am running on a 64 bit windows OS and tried doing this conversion. I converted all of the .exe files that I could find in the KADOKAWA\RPGMV folder using the 4gbpatch.exe file. However, after trying to access RPG Maker MV after this conversion, it simply will not load. Do you have any advice or any ideas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClareElstein