What do you collect?

Reaction score
First Language
Cookie
Primarily Uses
As the topic says What do you collect? Some people have stamp collections or rock collections or anything. But I collect stickers, I just have them on my desk, on my computer monitor and in my room. So what do you collect?

I also collect RPG sprites, faces, tiles, all that stuff. (if that counts ;)  

Ms Littlefish

Dangerously Caffeinated
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Rocks, gems, and minerals!

I haven't been nearly as rock-get-y as I have been in the past. But I used to go to geological museums and quarries  all the time and even have successfully sifted for gold. I like finding my collection in nature but I never say no to good finds in shops. Shops are also good because some of the finished pieces are so beautiful, more so then their raw components a lot of the time!

Amysaurus

Digital/Pixel Artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
I'm right there with Meg.

Rocks, gems, minerals, fossils - I love 'em all! My favorite is taking a walk around a lake and searching around the edges. I always carry a little shovel, and I end up leaving with all sorts of goodies. My very favorite find was a fossil of a walnut, but I've also found some really nice quartz. 

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Lol I collect Paper most of time 

even if the draw is just a line I keep most time the paper D: ....

this hard for me to separate from paper xD this one of the only things who make me  remember some stuff of my past ~

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
The pull-tabs of the cans! I have over 1000 of them here (as a kid I loved to collect them).

Oh and poor figures, I collect poor figures like people collect stickers and I'm so proud of it. ;D

Venka

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Geology was one of my favorite classes in college ;)

My grandmother tried to teach all of us that everyone needs to have something that they collect... little trinkets and baubles so that it makes it easier for folks to buy you gifts when they're out of ideas.

I use to be real big into jig saw puzzles, but since I've gotten cats.. those are now out since cats like to jump on on table and attack the pieces. I mostly just collect tileset stuff now for the maker series. And honestly.. I have no idea why (other then they're so pretty). I don't really have any plans of making a game.. yet I have all these resources for it (both free and purchased packs).

I also like a good book series if that counts. If I get hooked on one in the series.. then I get them ALL.. sometimes even more series by the same author. I think the Xanth series is the most expansive.. just because I don't think many authors strived for making 26 book series. This has probably grown since I've stopped reading the series. But Piers Anthony also wrote the Adept and Incarnations of Immortality series that are really good reads.

My favorite author is L.E. Modesitt Jr. because of his The Saga of Recluse series that could be the base for any great rpg game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Harmill

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Me and my siblings and cousins used to collect bottle caps. Given that some types of drinks were not available locally, it was always fun to somehow obtain a "rare" bottlecap. I remember loving to collect the different colour Smirnoff caps or Bacardi caps.

Over the past year, I've generated quite the collection of PS3 games, where at least 1/3 of them I have yet to play. I just preorder any game that I think I'll want to play at some point, buy it on release day, and then it gets added to my never-ending backlog. I buy all my games physical, and pretty much refuse to buy digital (some exceptions might be getting a $5-$10 PS1/PS2 game off the PSN store) because I just like to stand and admire my game shelf sometimes.  B)

bluebird

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I collect....art.  Jesus.  I love art.  I love commissioning artists and see how they portray my characters.  It's a good thing I don't have much money to be spending on art- because if I did, I would SPLURGE LIKE NO OTHER.

mmm art<3

TheoAllen

Self-proclaimed jack of all trades
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Well.... most of things, I collect ANIME!

The second one is artwork, mostly cute girls ~

I collect music as well. Especially RPG Maker music resources.

I do not collect games because I have no time to play them.

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
Game Consoles... I don't have much as some famous youtubers like AVGN or JonTron, but I still own quite a few.

Yes, even some obscure ones like Virtual Boy and Game.Com

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Dalph - What are poor figures?

Probably the closest I have to a collection is the colored glass I collect - vases, jars and the like. I like to find them at yard sales and thrift stores. I never pay more than $1 for them. Here is a pic of some of the pieces I put together to make a rainbow in my kitchen window. (Ignore the dirty window!)

image.jpg

I have others scattered throughout my house.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samsonite

Samuel L.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I used to collect stamps, coins, and cards when I was a kid. I don't really collect anything anymore. If I had the money I'd start collecting NES and SNES games. My Dad likes collecting things. He has over 60 guitars and over 20 turntables.

Dalph

Nega Ralph™ (RM Tyrant)
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Italian Curses
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
@Dalph - What are poor figures?
It was a joke, I meant making bad impressions in truth...ahahahah.

I give bad impressions to people all the time that it feels like I collect them in some way. XD

PS: Awesome collection and nice colours. ;D

Probotector 200X

Probotect and Serve
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
Mainly figures I guess. Bought quite a few recently (started collecting Figuarts a couple months ago and already bought like 5, among other things), more than I should have considering my budget.

I have too many figures that don't fit in with other ones. Like, I have one character from one series from one figure line, then another character from another series and a different figure line...right next to each other...

I'm pretty sure I like figures so much, is because my favorite part of games and such is the characters. So to have a little physical version of a character...it's just cool!

Heh, it's a hope of mine that one day there will be some awesome figures based on my own characters! Wouldn't that be swell?

Engr. Adiktuzmiko

Chemical Engineer, Game Developer, Using BlinkBoy'
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Tagalog
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Gundam models and anime stuff... Plus books, mostly novels.

Caz

Green Eyes Blonde Dragon
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Train tickets and dead batteries. There's nothing special about them, I just can't face throwing them away for some reason.

Gradian

Paperbag Sloth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English-M'sian
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I often have these urge to collect things I couldn't collect back when I was a kid (lack of interest, money and these things are very hard to find where I live unless I go to either another country or the main capital of my country which involves taking flights or ordering online).

Raw japanese mangas and magazines (the english officials are often expensive and have not very satisfying if not inaccurate translations)

-These are very precious to me since I didn't have the ability to order things online back then, so I had to buy them in person (I had to travel via plane to get them). I get very defensive and agitated when someone mistreats them, even as to so much warn them not to bend the books in particular ways. To put the cherry on top, I cover them in plastic.

Stationery

-I guess it's an artist trait to blow off a lot of money on utensils where you don't even use 3/4 of them. I have collected art pens where some I'm reluctant to use (cause they're expensive and sold in very limited places), tapes, papers, sketchbooks, etc. There are empty pens and containers that I don't bother throwing out (unless I have to) cause I often see use in those junk (like fixing a slanted table).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

So I'm practicing ITC with a spirit box, and decide to try to contact my deceased soulmate. It actually gave me multiple identifiers. Me, still a bit skeptical, asked aloud "Fine but does he still love me?" and the box spoke and printed the word "Forever" at the same time. Been a mess of tears since. :kaocry:
Been scratching away at my game and making progress, but just had a revelation. I'm working in full screen and adjusting all my pictures accordingly, but will they resize if someone's screen is smaller?? I hope this doesn't turn out to be a problem later.
Why is there so much month left at the end of money? D=
Hello humans! How goes your day in this journey of living? I hope it is good, for I am human like you, and I am feeling great! Worship the altar.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GmOcean