What do you do when hitting the wall on your solo project?

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I always hit a wall where I lose all interest or passion into a project. Back in my early days I would finish games as quickly as possible so I could finish it before losing interest. Of course this impacted the quality a slight tad but I felt it was necessary to race my own boredom/lack of passion.

Nowadays when I hit a wall on a project I ask myself "Did I do what I set out to do?" or "I'm I satisfied with what I accomplished?".

Many artists have unfinished work because they felt good of what they had done so far and moved on to the next thing. Heck, my Gamejolt library mostly consists of unfinished cancelled projects, but I felt good for what I set out to do even if it means an unfinished project.

I think you should evaluate whether you feel satisfied on projects you've hit a wall on.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

It does sometimes get a little embarrassing that I often come here to ask for help with something and seldom have anything to actually show for it. If there is one thing though I can commend myself for, it's for sticking with an idea I've been tinkering with for this long now and gradually making headways. Even though I've been reserved about my progress, I can say I'm farther now than where I initially started.
I'm gonna put my project on pause for a tiny bit so I can explore the engine outside of it... Winging it can only get you so far LMFAO
Have seen some of my favorite people here posting and helping others with questions today -- love to see it!
Haven't been on here actively in awhile, project is going strong my biggest issue is the STORY, i'm refining the plot and learning so much i decided to take a writers class to improve even more but the programming and functionality of the game is stepping up nicely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Staples