What do you do when hitting the wall on your solo project?

AeroPergold

RPG Maker Nutcase
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I always hit a wall where I lose all interest or passion into a project. Back in my early days I would finish games as quickly as possible so I could finish it before losing interest. Of course this impacted the quality a slight tad but I felt it was necessary to race my own boredom/lack of passion.

Nowadays when I hit a wall on a project I ask myself "Did I do what I set out to do?" or "I'm I satisfied with what I accomplished?".

Many artists have unfinished work because they felt good of what they had done so far and moved on to the next thing. Heck, my Gamejolt library mostly consists of unfinished cancelled projects, but I felt good for what I set out to do even if it means an unfinished project.

I think you should evaluate whether you feel satisfied on projects you've hit a wall on.

cthulhusquid

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

you know, some days you get resentful that game dev is even considered a "fun job" and other days it's like, welp, time to roll up my sleeves and code these molotov cocktails
If you suck at playing trumpets, that is probably why.
Been sick with a stomach virus for seven days now. Not going to work tomorrow because I'm still contagious according to my doctor.
Much as I love my job, I really hate playing "office politics". It would be nice if I didn't have to pretend to be someone else all day long.
I wanna get back into showing off Battlers and other assets I create again. But i'm always haunted by the "It's not good/realistic enough" voices that keep me from doing so.

Maybe I should get back to it, I did enjoy showing off whatever I came up with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dolton