What do you find missing in the MZ editor?

Goldschuss

A.K.A. Lye
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Non-Transparent Sunglasses in the character generator. The one's in MV were so cool looking :s

Frogboy

I'm not weak to fire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Your original post makes it sound like you can modify the MZ editor with QML. Can you elaborate on this or post a link to what you are referring to? I am not familiar and this sounds kind of cool.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
Your original post makes it sound like you can modify the MZ editor with QML. Can you elaborate on this or post a link to what you are referring to? I am not familiar and this sounds kind of cool.
I'm not familiar with this either, but I plan to learn how to do this much, much later.
I've just heard that some editor UI can be edited by writing QML though:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?threads/proof-of-concept-editor-modding.86926/

Also, from:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...attles-animations.123275/page-16#post-1082058
To:
https://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/inde...attles-animations.123275/page-18#post-1082144

Azahoth

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Being able to select the Hue, Blending, and Opacity for event images like in XP.:rolleyes:

Andar

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
select the Hue,
That is questionable.

Hue mathematics have some problems - they were very common in the earlier computer age when RAM and storage was very expensive and it was cheaper to have one picture recalculated for other colors than to store several pictures. But when RAM became cheaper,it was considered to be better to store several versions of a picture in different color than to have one picture re-calculated.

Sure, as the user it looks more work to use GIMP or Photoshop to create several sprites in different colors instead of using one slider in the editor, but having Photoshop do the hue calculation and then store another sprite will be a lot less work and lag on the engine itself while playing.

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
I'm going to add 1: Plugin Query.
In RMMZ, there's a plugin command that's supposed to make side effects.
And the plugin queries will work like plugin commands, except that they're supposed to return end results.

For instance, if you can use a plugin query in the conditional branch in the event command, then things that previously had to be done via scripts as the conditionals can be done using plugin queries, which should be designed to be as friendly as plugin commands.
Of course, the same can be applied to assigning values to variables, meaning that the new variable values can be the end result returned by the plugin queries.

Example:
Let's say there's a plugin query isActorAllDebuffsAffected actorId paramIds, which returns whether the actor with id actorId has all debuffs with parameters with ids included in paramIds.
In the conditional branch, you can choose this plugin query, instead of having to write the script $gameActors.actor(actorId).isAllDebuffsAffected(paramIds).
Maybe the plugin queries can be useful enough for non-coders :)

Of course, the whole plugin query thing demands corresponding changes to the JavaScript codebase, but that's trivial once the changes in the editor's done :D

Last edited:

DoubleX

Just a nameless weakling
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
N/A
As a proof of concept of the plugin query thing, here's a video:
Simply put, this video shows the effects of using plugin queries as RMMV plugin commands, by typing the queries in the script option of the conditional branch, except that plugin queries return end results instead of making side effects.
So, if what's shown in the video can be regarded as RMMV style plugin queries, then my suggestion is just adding the RMMZ style plugin queries in conditional branch and control variables event commands(and as a bonus, in skill/item damage formulae as well).
Of course, the real question for me is that, whether this can be really done by writing QML(I really don't know on this one) :)

Anyone

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Customizable hotkeys for all top bar commands.
Hotkey commands for all some the drawing related buttons.
Like any civlized software in the year of 2010.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Woke up on an awful nightmare of being banned here because some mod didn't liked me in a super-heroes freeform round robin RP where I used throwing normal hammer as power and it was qualified being too OP. XD Nice to read you all guys. Will not wait next nightmares.
Staring at all the RPG Maker versions I have and realizing that my project has been a long time coming. But, I finally feel like I have the knowledge and experience to make it into something good.
We're almost done with the jam game! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewshetty123