What do you guys use to draw custom sprites?

cadordk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't know if this is off topic so please let me know but like I asked in the title, what do you guys use to make sprites?

pasunna

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I use clip studio
but in fact every graphic program can do it
even paint...
you can check out some free program like gimp and Krita
there are not much difference on the outcome
it's more up to experience

JtheDuelist

Your Friendly Nieghborhood Stygian Zinogre
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Other
For me, PaintNET or Aseprite for sprites and pixel art. For everything else that I can't/don't need to pixel art, FireAlpaca on PC and ibisPaint X on mobile.

hiddenone

Lurker Extraordinaire
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Resource Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Most art programs can work for sprites, so you can use what you're comfortable with.

Lilly

Joy Bringer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

CoryH

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Gimp on PC for sprites and tileset edits and Dotpict on mobile for icons. Anything I need to animate, I import into Piskell and use the layering tools there. All three are free.

Kauzz

Hello!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I create the sprites on Photoshop, and test sometimes on piskel. Aseprite is a good choice too.

cadordk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thats a lot of suggestions. Thanks guys, I'm a complete amateur when it comes to the art side of things so I'd like to use something that won't overwhelm me with options that I won't be using initially. I'll look through these for awhile.

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Useful Development Tools. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

cadordk

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That said, any resources on how to make tiles and sprites or maybe even add character generator stuff to rpgmaker mv? I'm still not totally sure of the specifications like say with tiles, how do I make it so that the tiles have cornering and stuff when I use them? What should the size of the sprites be?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I keep forgetting how much I hate how VX-MV implements fences and autotile tables.
Big 10:40 composition of mine! I'll be using this for a big city in my current project! This track is huge, and took me one entire month of full time work to complete. If you want more info, like on the lyrics, check out this thread.
Balancing the Damage numbers in my Game's Battle System makes me feel like I'm some kind of a Math Genius @_@
Remember, you can enter up to THREE effects for a chance to win a copy of MZ! Only 11 submissions so far, the chances of winning is high! :D https://itch.io/jam/elfkisser

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooglerampage