What do you like to drink or usually drink?

Discussion in 'General Lounge' started by Kupotepo, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I'm honestly not very health conscious. The whole thing of everything being bad for you grates on me. And to be honest, opinion changes on that constantly as well. Take eggs for instance, first they were good for you, then they were bad for you, then they were good for you, then they were "good but only eat the whites", then it went to "if you aren't eating the yolks you aren't getting most of the nutrition", then it finally seemed to settle into "the whole egg is good for you, but you should probably not eat too many". Yes, there are a lot of things that are not that great for you, but just don't consume tons and tons of anything and its probably fine. Enjoy things. Just don't overindulge.

I drink soda, though a lot less than I used to. But not really because I have a problem with it, but because I just tend to drink more variety of things than I did in my early 20s.
    I drink teas, mostly green, white, or herbals, I don't like coffee at all.
    I sometimes feel like I'm the only adult who just likes milk. Its not something I can drink on its own, but I like it with meals, especially breakfast.
    I like juice and lemonade and agua fresca is generally super good.

I also am a big craft beer person, preferring sour ales the most. Also, I like bourbon, and will occasionally pour myself a bit.

samkfj and slimmmeiske2 like this.
  2. gomes766

gomes766 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
    I also like craft beer.
    I love pretty much everything Bell's does. Oberon and Two Hearted Ale both awesome.

3. PeanutButterToast

PeanutButterToast Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I like a shot or two of Jim Beam in my Dr. Pepper. Helps me loosen up after a hard days work.

4. Ninjakillzu

Ninjakillzu Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Cold brew coffee, soda flavored kombucha (when I can get it from the store), kvass, mead, craft beer, rum (good rum such as Plantation Xaymaca, not stuff like Captain Morgan or Kraken which can barely be called rum), scotch, wine, and sake.

5. joombo

joombo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Can't imagine my life without black coffee...at least twice a day

6. Dalph

Dalph Nega Ralph™ Veteran

First Language:
    Italian Curses
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Ginger Tea, it's nice for digestion but only when my wife prepares it.
    Also Chamomille Tea when I can't sleep, it's very effective for insomnia.
    Fruit Juices too, but I have to make them, the crap they sell in grocery stores does more harm than good with all that sugar.
    Despite my aversion towards sugar, I might still enjoy a nice warm Chocolate Milk every now and then (always with moderation).

As for the rest.
    I don't like alcohol, I don't like coffee, I don't like sodas and I don't like energy drinks.

My grandfather used to say I would live up to 100 years as I have very few vices overall.

7. Joe_Schmoe

Joe_Schmoe Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMXP
    • Water, preferably purified (filler, what I drink when I'm not drinking anything else)
    • Arizona Diet Green Tea (half a glass, once a day)
    • Chocolate almond milk (half a glass, once a day)
    • V8 Energy Drinks (1 per day, when streaming)

8. gomes766

gomes766 Villager Member

First Language:
    english
    Primarily Uses:
    VNM
  9. Henryetha

Henryetha Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    german
    Energy Drink :x

10. D.L. Yomegami

D.L. Yomegami Sanely Insane Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    A lot of the time I just prefer water. It's cold and refreshing, while at the same time not filling. If I drink some alongside dinner I won't have to worry about not having enough room (and that's a big problem for me; I tend to get full really fast). It also helps that it's pretty available for me; we have a tap installed here that has filtered water, so I've been making a lot of use out of it.

If I'm not drinking water it's usually some cold sugary drink. My preference as of this typing is raspberry lemonade, as it not only tastes good it's somewhat healthier than something like soda (I say "somewhat" as the brand I drink mostly has the expected ingredients plus "natural flavors," which could be anything). That being said I like soda too, particularly cherry Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Sierra Mist (or their Coke equivalents; Tropical Berry Sprite is very tasty). Finally, there's Lemon Brisk. I'm not fond of most teas, but Lemon Brisk doesn't taste anything like tea; it's more of a gently sweet drink. I've tried some other varieties of Brisk (there was this Cherry Limeade flavor made to promote the Venom movie that I also quite liked), but Lemon's generally my favorite.

I'm not super fond of most hot drinks. If I'm drinking something it's because I'm thirsty, and hot drinks just don't quench thirst all that well. That being said I like a sweetened coffee in the morning. Not too bitter, not too sweet, and it helps keep me up in the mornings; a boon for someone who's a natural night owl. Hot chocolate's nice too, but it really depends on the brand.

11. gstv87

gstv87 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    Spanish
    Primarily Uses:
    RMVXA
    Mate.

[​IMG]

my grandma used to say, me and my dad have "blood in the mate stream".

also, wine.
    we have a vine at home, and my grandpa and a neighbor used to make home-brew wine.
    we'd harvest a good 6 to 8 5-liter bottles of it, it'd last the whole summer.
    my grandma would ferment it in the laundry room, behind closed doors.... but the smell would flood the whole house.
    you could probably get drunk if you inhaled too hard lol.

12. mariopepper

mariopepper Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I prefer orange juce. It's my favorite drink since my childhood

13. Windows i7

Windows i7 Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Coffee usually. On rare occasion (and generally at night before I go to bed) I'll have an alcoholic drink but I keep that to a minimum to not risk getting addicted. It needs to be something decently strong though because I don't drink much.

14. Kvothe

Kvothe The Bloodness Veteran

First Language:
    Brazil
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    Wine: I love so much this drink! Sometimes I go into the restaurant near of my home and ask for a cup of wine. I stay there for a couple of hours ~(1:30 h) just drinking, listening music and reading (or sometimes, just watching the street). For me it's a way of meditation. Now, about ale, I like this one here:

[​IMG]

It's amazing!

15. 6th

6th Warper Member

First Language:
    trap god
    Primarily Uses:
    Other
    Beer & lots of dirty sprite

16. joombo

joombo Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I started drinking green tea with lwmon and sugar not so long ago. It's healthy and delicious

17. The Mighty Palm

The Mighty Palm Resident Palm Tree Restaff

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    N/A
    I drink sweet iced tea. Made in a keureg, with sweetener instead of sugar. Best while it's still warm, but iced so it's not scalding hot.

Also I love chocolate milk, but only if I make it myself with chocolate syrup. Its my favorite sometimes treat.

18. Touchfuzzy

Touchfuzzy Rantagonist Staff Member Lead Eagle

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I've started drinking cold brewed iced white tea to cut down on my sugar intake.

19. MachineElf

MachineElf Villager Member

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    Booze, too much of it. Love beer, the darker the better. Also a nice red wine, scotch whisky or cognac.

I like black coffee for an early kick start, but day to day I really only drink water and green tea. Not a fan of sodas or juice!

20. SepulcherGeist

SepulcherGeist Veteran Veteran

First Language:
    English
    Primarily Uses:
    RMMV
    I get this special coffee from a company that works out of an Airport in New Mexico. I live in Washington State, so it's far away, but I must have that coffee! Thus, I special order from them all the time. It's chocolate pinon from "Black Mesa."