What do you like to drink or usually drink?

Omige

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Chinese
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I don't like drinking coffee because I am not used to the sense of thrilling my heart.
I love drinking tea more.Tea tastes light and contains less caffeine than coffee.

Skoops

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Daytime drinks of choice are black iced coffee and high mountain oolong tea, hot or iced.
Evening drinks of choice include dark beers and whiskey cokes, but I'm mainly doing vodka and diet soda these days cuz my metabolism ain't what it used to be.

MaGicBush

Game Creator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yea I don't care to much about my health other than trying a small amount to be healthy, but that is with food or working out. Everything kills you slowly it's part of life. I want to enjoy it. My mom has drank coke or diet coke all day(I remember it as a kid even) the last 50 years and is still kicking also :p. I take those studies with a grain of salt as most don't account for genetics and each individual at all. Also as touchfuzzy said they change their minds all the time on what's good and bad. It seems more like a trend or marketing gimmick than anything else depending on who did the research. It's just an overall average so to speak. I do tend to eat lots of salads and fruits, but that's another thread. I drink the occasional Orange juice, or diet coke(some times coke or dr pepper) while at work. I also like to drink light beers a lot of nights to help relax. Oh I also drink a lot of coffee in the mornings at work. I like to just drink it straight black though and don't add sugar or anything. I like to have a small amount of milk with chocolate at times or popcorn as well. Tastes good :D.

Last edited:

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Hey, a question for coffee drinkers here: do you consider Americano, cappuccino or espresso a type of coffee?

I was at a Ford dealer today to get my car repaired. I was given a ticket for a free breakfast meal in the cafeteria. It says on the menu "comes with a coffee". So I picked a sandwich, but wasn't sure exactly what kind of coffee I could get. So after telling the guy I wanted the BLT, I asked him
- It comes with a coffee, right? (Really was dumb of me to have asked this. It's written on the damn menu!)
- That's what it says.
- So, do I get to choose which kind of coffee, or...?
- *Looks at me weirdly* It says coffee on the menu...
- ...?
- If you are referring to espresso or americano, no, those aren't coffee.
- Oh, uh... OK. Just coffee then.
To be honest, the whole exchange made me feel embarrassed, lol.
This is what happens when an introvert bites more than he can chew.
It was dumb of me to ask something obvious (damn, I suck at talking!), but I didn't know those weren't considered coffee!
Or are they...?
https://www.latteartguide.com/2016/01/different-types-of-coffee.html
What the hell!? It's like you ask your friend to Starbucks by saying "Wanna go SB to get some coffee?" and he says "Sure, but I prefer Americano over coffee." I've always thought coffee is a general, blanket term for all these. I'm really confused right now.

Skoops

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I was at a Ford dealer today to get my car repaired. I was given a ticket for a free breakfast meal in the cafeteria. It says on the menu "comes with a coffee". So I picked a sandwich, but wasn't sure exactly what kind of coffee I could get. So after telling the guy I wanted the BLT, I asked him
- It comes with a coffee, right? (Really was dumb of me to have asked this. It's written on the dayum menu!)
- That's what it says.
- So, do I get to choose which kind of coffee, or...?
- *Looks at me weirdly* It says coffee on the menu...
- ...?
- If you are referring to espresso or americano, no, those aren't coffee.
- Oh, uh... OK. Just coffee then.
To be honest, the whole exchange made me feel embarrassed, lol.
This is what happens when an introvert bites more than he can chew.
It was dumb of me to ask something obvious (dayum, I suck at talking!), but I didn't know those weren't considered coffee!
Or are they...?
https://www.latteartguide.com/2016/01/different-types-of-coffee.html
What the hell!? It's like you ask your friend to Starbucks by saying "Wanna go SB to get some coffee?" and he says "Sure, but I prefer Americano over coffee." I've always thought coffee is a general, blanket term for all these. I'm really confused right now.
You live in the States, yeah? Whereas there are rude people everywhere you go, nowhere has quite as many folks eager to wield their miniscule authority and weaponize their own ignorance.
Those are obviously different styles of coffee, Americano literally just being a fancy word for black. They might have different blends that are more expensive than the one they give out for free, but like bruh, it's one thing for them to not want to admit that they don't know what they're talking about, it's a whole other thing to try to turn that ignorance around on you when they're dead wrong.

Mr. Detective

NATO Special Operative
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
it's one thing for them to not want to admit that they don't know what they're talking about, it's a whole other thing to try to turn that ignorance around on you when they're dead wrong.
Honestly, I don't think that was his intention at all. Don't know who decided the menu that way. I've been to this dealership a few times, and all the staff members were pretty friendly and professional. So, maybe the dude was honestly confused, or he realized why I was asking, but his boss decided the menu that way. But still, what an embarrassing conversation!

By the way, just to say something on topic: the black coffee was not bad. I think I'll start drinking more black coffee from now on.

woop

Freelance Illustrator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I always start my day with espresso, or sometimes I'll prepare some iced coffee if I'm in the mood. Then I pretty much stick to water for the rest of the day.

robhr

come on die young
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Black coffee in the morning.

Water throughout the day.

Black coffee again in the afternoon.

If it's a weekday I have root beer, cream soda or grape crush with dinner. If a weekend I have wine.

Before bed about 3 or 4 times a week I'll have an alcoholic beverage or three. My liquor is scotch, my beer is Rickard's Red and any red wine.

JFB1222

Wind Runner
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Man... After reading through this thread I feel like I'm a raging alcoholic.

During the week I try to stick to water, tea, and various fruit juices. But, when the weekend's here; I exercise my right to get paralytic at night. Brandy, tequila, vodka, or whisky are my go to forms of alcohol.

tehrin

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm a tea junkie. Iced tea, hot tea, I don't care. My blood is made of leaf water.

I'm not really big on coffee but I have some around when I need it. My Kuerig gets used for hot leaf water more than hot bean water. I've never really liked alcohol either, especially as I'm getting older. But oh man, this alcoholic seltzer water craze is fantastic. I also like ciders too.

wander

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
RMXP
I love coffee with ice-cream

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Water mostly, because I don't like drinking garbage and the consumer world is full of it in beverage form. Sometimes, I'll make an exception for unsweetened tea, but that's it.

FleshToDust

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Mountain Dew! What else could a gamer drink? Not only Mountain Dew either. Mountain Dew with cheese doritos crumbs dropped in. The perfect cheesy acidic gamer remedy! Where's mah blankety blank kublunk MOUNTAIN DEWWW!!!?

In reality though... Water. Just water... Sometimes a rootbeer or cream soda if I'm feeling spicey. I feel spicey about half a dozen times a year.
Or a coffee(3 cream 1 sugar) if I'm at a coffee shop with friends but I normally don't drink coffee.

saipawan

Warper
Reaction score
First Language
english
Primarily Uses
N/A
i love coffee i love oto dink varity of coffess as well

ExtremeYandereWolfychu3

I am a kawaii interloper from another universe.
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Sodas from Vat19.Com, Watermelon Soda, Mountain Dew code red, Peppermint Tea, Green Tea, Peppermint Eggnog, Squid ink Soda, v8splash kale juice, beet juice, blood orange Soda, grape juice, strawberry juice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

My sister is a saint. Specifically Saint Peter. Because shes my best friend until other ppl are around then shes all "nope, dont know him, dont like him."
Making it a rule that I don't do any world building for my new game before the actual gameplay is concrete and working. I have 16 years of lore to work with anyway.
Cheesy power metal makes everything better. No matter what you do, you'll feel heroic doing it.
Starting to really like the first of my madness areas. I think the eyes looking at them really helps to sell the place. :LZSexcite:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rpgteck