What do you plan to do with RPG Maker MZ?

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am just asking because I am curious and there is no MZ section yet.
I see some members want to make the plugins. I see Moghunter and VisuStella. Thank you @DoubleX for information.

How about people who plan to make games in MZ and the digital artists? People need to make the tilesets, the character spirit, and the enemies too if MZ needs to resize, I think.

Thank you for sharing your planning with me and everyone visits this thread.

KakonComp

Lucid
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Ostinato
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I plan on making my first full-length RPG Maker game as soon as MZ falls into my lap. I'll be trying to showcase what can be done with the maker if you just opened it up and tried to make a game with only the program.

By that, I mean using everything that comes with the program without using any external applications. If I can make a fun game worth playing just by doing that, I hope to inspire others to make a game with MZ. Not necessarily just using the default; that's a limit I'm placing on myself for my first outing.

Thanks to MV, I feel ready to tackle this task.

Mewgles

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I would love to finally create a full game for once. I've got a decently long story already and also a ton of side stuff that I wrote over the past few years sine I've been around with the RPG Maker in general for a long time.
But that was the plan for MV already and then irl kicked in like every time before and I just ended up doing scripts/plugins again. Biggest hurdle this time is going to be the ressources though... It's really hard to keep the same arts style when you don't have an artist helping out with it. Will see what's going to happen I guess :)

ScorchedGround

Blizzards most disappointed fan
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not sure as of yet to be honest. But for now I intend to continue with my MV project.

As for MZ, I am happy testing out the new engine and also using its assets for MV.
There is some really good stuff there. Playing around with MZ will surely be very interesting.

However, as time goes on and it seems plausible to port my game over to MZ, then I might consider it.
As of now, porting my game seems improbable as I use a fair amount of plugins and also because the MZ does not seem to support MV's 2D sheet-based animations.

Also, I would love to finish a project at some point so I am not happy with the idea of abandoning my project to start over in MZ.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Install it. :p

Joking aside, I'll probably use its resources in my MV project. I might also make something using the RTP, because the characters look cool.

Elliott404

Game404
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Whatever it takes to release my other projects without more procrastination.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am pretty hyped for the new battle system in MZ. Idk if I'll get it, but if I do, I'll be collabing with my friends for a bigger project than I usually make on MV

PixeLockeT

Demon Lord Lady
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
My friends challenged me to make a game with the vanilla engine and assets, no plugins, no enhancements. So I plan to make a small game with no custom assets involved. It will be the first time I'll ever do something like it.

Xane

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
(US) English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I plan to get all interactive with it... This made everyone run away... Shhhh.
And because I have a problem letting go, I'll probably retreat back to ace.

Last edited:

??????

Diabolical Codemaster
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Binary
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
A LOT! There are a number of systems I've had laying around my pc for quite a few years that I just didnt bother releasing to the community. This includes quite a number of things really, ranging from lootboxes, custom battle scenes and plugins, a hexagonal mapping system, and a few other things I dont want to mention until I have them all ported and ready to go. :)

Heres what I have done so far if your interested:

Aside from systems, I plan to actually release some more games ~ mostly hypercasual/minigames! :o

kirbwarrior

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
A lot, but in particular I know I'm going to get lost in the character maker with the ability to move pieces around by pixel.

duty

Keepin' it simple
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (US)
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Going to curb my feature appetite and release a series of prototype projects that focus on the most basic aspects of RPG resource management.

The default MV engine was just basic enough that it never felt "complete" without a decent plugin library. Between keeping those plugins updated and experimenting with what was possible, I spent more time futzing with MV plugins than really building a game.

Based on the previews, MZ has most, if not all, the quality of life features without the extensive plugin management.

I think I should be able to make that streamlined NES RPG love-letter project I've been dreaming of since I found the Don Miguel port of RPG Maker in the early 2000s.

Last edited:

Maliki79

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
First I'll likely update my MV plugins for MZ (the ones that need it. A cursory look thru the MZ core scripts tell me I may not need to update much.) After that, I'll port my MV project and hopefully get it finished.

TWings

The Dragon Whisperer
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Maybe buy it, to port my plugins.

At this point I have very little interest left in its game making capabilities.

Ninjakillzu

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I was thinking of making a black and white samurai game inspired by Akira Kurosawa films. It will be heavily story focused like most of my projects.

The story will follow a samurai as he walks a path of vengeance, after his hometown is slaughtered as a sacrifice for the "Feast of the Blood Moon" (or something similar, I'm still working on the details.)

RCXDan

Champion of Brightmoon Tor
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Test out the 30 day free trial and immediately go back to VX Ace. No meming.

VX Ace at this point for me is pretty much my premier engine to work with, so even if MZ were to get all sorts of fancy plugins or art packs in the future I probably wouldn't make anything serious in it.

Kupotepo

Fantasy realist/ Forum Reactor‍
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Thai
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am letting the vanguard of smart members to find the bugs and errors first then I will buy later. Thank you for your sacrifice of "Blood Moon" lol @Ninjakillzu. That is the first phase of software maintenance..While I am learning something non-RM. What? It is important skill for game making. Tell me how you doing lol.:kaopride:

Last edited:

Candacis

Pixel Pusher
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I plan to do edits of the MZ rtp (in fact I already have, using tiles from some of the map screenshots we got) and I am working an a paid graphic pack (but not in rtp style, something different) usable for MZ and MV.

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
finally got a fancy rig that does cool stuff (yay stimulus) and once I sat down to finish projects i started back in vxa to complete in mv here comes mz (sobs). well, here's my cc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Recent threads, and my very poor algorithm for my minimap plugin have made me face the fact that I need to review algorithms and such.

Going through Cracking the Coding Interview now. I am so excited.
Kes
I've seen a reference to a Community Lighting plugin for MZ, but cannot find it. Is it still in beta?

Todo:
Add fog of war
Add enemy indicators
Make window draggable
Optimise map drawing algorithm (5 seconds to load the map you see, so it's a... poo-poo algorithm)

Any suggestions? :kaoblush:
bleh studio hell job haha at least they like it didnt had time to do much laundry tho ;w;'....YES I DO AT LEAST TAKE A SHOWER everyday!
Ami
--- Food Ingredients ---

Hero: Since the Chef are in Hospital,we can't eat his Dish in 3 Days.
F.Mage: What we have to Eat?
M.Healer: Don't worry,we can Eat the Food Ingredients.
Hero & F.Mage
: Really?

(3 Days Later)

Chef: Hi,Guys. I'm Ba---
(Entire Party Collapse After Eat Raw Meat)
Chef: Wha...WHAT GOING ON HERE!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Balthierrff