What do you plan to do with RPG Maker MZ?

Elissiaro

aka MsLilly
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Swedish
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I think I'm just gonna make something short... And then go back to hopefully finish my current projects.
(I have to complete at least one of them. Probably the rpgmc2018 entry that I never bugfixed and updated cause of burnout.)

Then I might actually do something with the Mystery/Romance/Horror game idea I've had stuck in my head for years now.

MMG

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
@Kupotepo I am not going to upgrade to MZ, since I have already 2 projects running on MV plus I don't have much money to buy a new engine. Some features of MZ are exiting, but it's mostly MV with quality of life update. (it's my opinion, you can have yours). I will propably ugrade when completely new engine will be released with many new features.

Aesica

undefined
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Basically the same thing I do with MV, but better: Make some games, make some plugins, and most importantly just have fun with it.

Edit: In particular, I want to port my plugin collection over (some features may no longer be necessary due to improvements in the base MZ code. I'll also probably play around with the MZ RTP to make it less crap--same thing I did to MV and I should at some point probably share it.

Last edited:

kaukusaki

Awesome Programmer Extraordinaire
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Update and finish this damn project I started since VXA lol XD

Leokids

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMVX
I Will Stop Using 2000 And 2003 to Make more Space For MZ.

Eyeball Mouth

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm not getting MZ for a while, maybe when I'm done with my current project. Might make some small games with it and experiment.

Astfgl66

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
I'm probably going to port some of my plugins initially. Then I'll wait a bit for updates and plugins from other creators before deciding if I should actually make a game.

ADMtn

Village Serjeant-at-Law
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
On MZ, I plan on creating custom art (sprites, tilesets, animations) and making a sandbox, rebuild-the-city type of game. Probably more casual than hardcore.

I started my current MV project recently to experiment using RTP but I've gotten a bit too into it. Planned on finishing by MZ's release, but I expanded the scope of this MV project so it will probably require more time. Don't think I want to remake it all on MZ, so I'll just have to discipline myself and stop expanding this MV game so I can finish sooner rather than later (still want it polished and fun, though, even if its an RTP "experiment").

Raths Rants

Lord Procrastinator
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I'm pretty excited about MZ. I have been goofing with RPG Maker since VX/Ace. MV always felt lacking to me, here's hoping MZ fills that gap. It seems they really rounded out this version.

As for what am I going to build, some simple games for my little website. I am a professional slacker and hobbyist, it'll get done when it gets done :LZYcheeze:

RayGarden7

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I am just asking because I am curious and there is no MZ section yet.
I see some members want to make the plugins. I see Moghunter and VisuStella. Thank you @DoubleX for information.

How about people who plan to make games in MZ and the digital artists? People need to make the tilesets, the character spirit, and the enemies too if MZ needs to resize, I think.

Thank you for sharing your planning with me and everyone visits this thread.
That's a valid question I know what you mean it would be nice but it came out not along ago. Just give it some time I'm sure it will by the end of the year if I had to guess.

slimmmeiske2

Little Red Riding Hood
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMXP
@RayGarden7 You misunderstood. MZ isn't out yet. OP is just asking what everyone's plans are when it does come out (in five days). On a different suject, I assume you're new to forums? You don't need to quote the first post of a thread to respond; it's kind of redundant.

As for the topic at hand, I'm planning on making a one map challenge game in MZ and have a larger new game already planned. I might covert my MV game to MZ as well.
I'm definitely planning on making some resources for it as well. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Part of me is really missin' the good 'ol days of RM '95... goodness just seems like such simpler times
Just got two Switch E-Shop 20$ gift cards... Is 3D All-Stars worth it? Or should I get something like Celeste? I'd love to know your opinion!
I’m looking at the MZ full body images and I think Priscilla is taller than Reid...
Ami
--- Music Selection ---

M.Archer: It's Music Station,You can Change the Music as you like.
F.Healer: i want to hear the Romantic Music.
M.Fighter: Then,i want the Hard-Rock one!
(the Troll Song has played)
M.Archer: Hey,i hear this Music.
F.Healer: It's popular from Internet Music,i wonder who change it?
Hero: I change it.
Entire Party: YOU????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pumpkinnubbin