Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The tileset consists out of three themes: the scientific part (labs, machines etc.), the futuristic part (futuristic looking homes), and the poor part (based on the 90's). Each theme spanning one sheet.

For those that have it - what did you feel like you were missing when creating maps? What would you like to see more of?

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I thought everything was great!!!!!

I guess I would have liked an extra exterior light or two, but really, it was the whole banana! =]

(like for on a building or home - I know you had some already)

And maybe a city skyline parallax.

Last edited by a moderator:

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Probably expand on the sets already in it.

Some sets will have tables all 4 directions, while other sets dont, while another set will have all 4 directions of dressors, while others just have down. Beds tend to have only 1 or 2 directions. Probably the biggest example is counters. You made preset tables/counters that only fit in one spot. if not auto-tile, make pieces that work as corners and extensions. Can make for a little more decorative rooms.

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
This was quite tough but I think the main thing it's been missing for me is a wider variety of exterior based tiles.  I've been able to use them for floating platforms, cities and outdoor based industrial areas but there's not much else they can be used for from what I can see.  I was using ds+ tiles to fill in the gaps a bit but as you might imagine it can be very tricky to match the two different styles up.

Some ideas for you: alien plant life and nature, more types of ground and landscape tiles (alien planet surfaces maybe? think like the game starbound), more decorative exterior objects (e.g. fountains, more forms of transportation, perhaps some alien versions of what you already have).

Hope these help!

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Probably expand on the sets already in it.

Some sets will have tables all 4 directions, while other sets dont, while another set will have all 4 directions of dressors, while others just have down. Beds tend to have only 1 or 2 directions. Probably the biggest example is counters. You made preset tables/counters that only fit in one spot. if not auto-tile, make pieces that work as corners and extensions. Can make for a little more decorative rooms.
Haha the issue with the directions was that it took up tile space! But I guess I shouldn't worry about that anymore, and do all 4 directions for most tiles.

This was quite tough but I think the main thing it's been missing for me is a wider variety of exterior based tiles. I've been able to use them for floating platforms, cities and outdoor based industrial areas but there's not much else they can be used for from what I can see. I was using ds+ tiles to fill in the gaps a bit but as you might imagine it can be very tricky to match the two different styles up.

Some ideas for you: alien plant life and nature, more types of ground and landscape tiles (alien planet surfaces maybe? think like the game starbound), more decorative exterior objects (e.g. fountains, more forms of transportation, perhaps some alien versions of what you already have).

Hope these help!
Definitely, exterior tiles were not something that were included, especially nature tiles. So alien vegetation would be something you'd like? To create an alien-ish world?

Matseb2611

Innovate, don't emulate
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Perhaps more futuristic stuff (ok that sounded confusing). More panels, machinery, weird-looking gadgets, holograms, virtual reality stuff.

Do character sets count too? If so, perhaps some robots and more vehicle variety.

Athryl

The Reticent
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm with you on these.

I think it's a great set but I find it challenging to have futuristic outdoor spaces that aren't dense cities. Even if not alien, but just outdoor landscapes that have been altered by technology (thinking wind farms, solar panels, mechanized farms, etc.) or even areas with a smaller town feel - futuristic equivalent of the tent or small cabin? Perhaps that is outside the scope of this package though.

Eschaton

Hack Fraud
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Nothing really strikes me as...space-ship-ey. I use those to make a starship interior, but they look more like the interior of a building.

Exterior bits of starship could help things. Perhaps rounded bits to make the interior tiles resemble that of a submarine? I don't know.

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'd have to agree with the previous suggestions, but Scythuz above all. I'd like to see more decorative exterior objects, especially things like holographic news stations, large screens, clean\smooth sci-fi fountains and statues, alien flora and fauna. You created some beautiful sci-fi cars for the original pack, but I'd love to have some flying cars to play around with. :)

I like the sci-fi parallax tiles you created. More things like that would also be a wonderful addition!

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I second holograms and virtual reality. I was looking for some cyberspace stuff for ages, but it seems like there are very few fitting resources (by cyberspace i mainly mean floors and floating things with moving neon lights in/on them...it's pretty hard to describe).

nio kasgami

VampCat
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Primarily Uses
RMMV
yeah I am with other people for saying exterior landscape with alien nature : D ! 

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Nothing really strikes me as...space-ship-ey. I use those to make a starship interior, but they look more like the interior of a building.

Exterior bits of starship could help things. Perhaps rounded bits to make the interior tiles resemble that of a submarine? I don't know.
More like this?

science_lab_by_pinkfirefly-d8o6123.png

It's hard to make the walls 'rounded' when you're in this kind of perspective, so it's impossible to make things like a curved wall, especially in autotile form.

I think it's a great set but I find it challenging to have futuristic outdoor spaces that aren't dense cities. Even if not alien, but just outdoor landscapes that have been altered by technology (thinking wind farms, solar panels, mechanized farms, etc.) or even areas with a smaller town feel - futuristic equivalent of the tent or small cabin?
Sure, like a small space colony of some sorts. The original set was definitely meant for cities, not for anything else, really.

I second holograms and virtual reality. I was looking for some cyberspace stuff for ages, but it seems like there are very few fitting resources (by cyberspace i mainly mean floors and floating things with moving neon lights in/on them...it's pretty hard to describe).
I think you mean cyberpunk perhaps ;)

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Definitely, exterior tiles were not something that were included, especially nature tiles. So alien vegetation would be something you'd like? To create an alien-ish world?
Yeah exactly :) You could even go so far as to make the buildings more culturally varied, so that you can give users of the pack the tools to create some more diverse alien worlds than they might have been able to otherwise.

Iavra

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
I think you mean cyberpunk perhaps ;)
I can do cyberpunk just fine with the modern and poor part of the set combined with some neon lights. Cyberspace/virtual reality is something else.

Eschaton

Hack Fraud
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
I dunno. If there were interior tiles that resembled the interior of the Starship Enterprise, it would be a serious "shut up and take my money" moment.

ThatMaestroGuy

You are lovely~
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Ahh...the Futuristic Tiles pack. I think the pack is very interesting, but as others have mentioned, some more focus on exterior tiles would have been super. I like a lot of the clean-looking laboratory interior tiles and items, and their sleek appearance can make any "future-ish" setting that much more effective. But I would have liked to have seen more tiles in terms of dirty-looking, perhaps "not-so-legal" labs and facilities. I'm still quite a fan of the pack, though!

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Yeah, there weren't really any outdoor tiles except for cities. It still looked great though. But one thing I did notice: there aren't really that many "futuristic" items beyond what you would see in a very clean modern day environment, and where they did exist, there were only one or two versions of it. For example, holograms, lights.

The middle of TileB confuses me a bit though - the chairs and windows put together don't line up with anything at all. You'd literally have two pixels between the chairs, the edge of the wall and the start of the window. Nevertheless, I do like it - must more tileC stuff in both futuristic (as in tech wise) and modern (as in gritty wise) would be good :)

Nothing too specific though please, like the alien incubator thingy in TileC is a bit.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm looking over last year's IGMC entry because I used these. And honestly, I may just be not seeing stuff that's there, so if I am, ignore me. :p Some little things I edited to make work:

- I used pipes for a ladder as there was no ladder. (Though now I'm looking - is there actually a metal ladder that I didn't realize was one?)

- I edited tiles to make a holograph machine.

Other thoughts:

A teleporter would also be cool.

Or portals of some sort.

Wall decor - paintings and such.

Hmm, that's all I can think of for now. Though I do second more alien landscape stuff as well.

deilin

Ranger/Elementalist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Maybe have a B tile that is the blue interrior, then another B tile that is the black interrior, and so on. You put 3-4 sets on one tileset page, so it limits what you can fit on the page.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

V1.3 of Demo, a new concept artist on the team, character voices are coming into light more... I'm happy to say that the fangame is making good progress.
Ami
--- Stolen Item ---

M.Figher: I want to sell this Stone
Fence: Then...i can buy you 1500G
M.Figher: It's Deal!
(3 Days Later)
F.Fighter: M.Figher,Do you know about Stone that Mayor keep it in his Office? It's missing
M.Figher: Ahh,is that so... (Actually,i Stole it and Sell it to the Fence a few Days ago)
I've spent some cash on foley and other sound effects. I wonder sometimes if I made a poor choice, but I remember that I really want to improve the sound of my games. n...n; My frugalness haunts me sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLateNight98