Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The middle of TileB confuses me a bit though - the chairs and windows put together don't line up with anything at all. You'd literally have two pixels between the chairs, the edge of the wall and the start of the window. Nevertheless, I do like it - must more tileC stuff in both futuristic (as in tech wise) and modern (as in gritty wise) would be good :)
The couch and windows were supposed to be used as the interior for the metro/train that's included. Basically seats for people in a train.

I'm looking over last year's IGMC entry because I used these. And honestly, I may just be not seeing stuff that's there, so if I am, ignore me. :p Some little things I edited to make work:

- I used pipes for a ladder as there was no ladder. (Though now I'm looking - is there actually a metal ladder that I didn't realize was one?)
Yup, TileC, right side, next to the metal benches.

A teleporter would also be cool.
I intended the characterset $!teleporter to be this ... :p

Maybe have a B tile that is the blue interrior, then another B tile that is the black interrior, and so on. You put 3-4 sets on one tileset page, so it limits what you can fit on the page.
Yes, that was the issue with making it compatible for RPG Maker VX, I had limited tileset space. Now I don't though! So you basically want recolours?

As for those who keep saying holograms, what exactly do you want the hologram to display? A face? Numbers? A landscape?

Scythuz

Explorer Bot *beep beep*
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
As for those who keep saying holograms, what exactly do you want the hologram to display? A face? Numbers? A landscape?
I hadn't thought of holograms before but I think the more useful types would be data and landscapes.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
The couch and windows were supposed to be used as the interior for the metro/train that's included. Basically seats for people in a train.

Yup, TileC, right side, next to the metal benches.

I intended the characterset $!teleporter to be this ... :p

Yes, that was the issue with making it compatible for RPG Maker VX, I had limited tileset space. Now I don't though! So you basically want recolours?

Haha, yep, that's the one I was seeing. And I probably looked at it a thousand times during IGMC wondering what it was. *facepalm*

As for the hologram, what I made was the base piece as a tile, then made semi-transparent character sheets to use as events on top of it. http://imgur.com/a/VuWRk#2

Jomarcenter

jomarcenter-MJM
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
ENGLISH
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I got the set during the humble bundle RPG maker sale. So the set is really good. But that is not part of my intrest since I am only after for the XP copy , Game character hub program and also the Member+ bundle at that time.

Well since this is the future. I think more technology is in order also and I am somewhat seeing lacking of use for exterior items than interior items also.

Maybe here is my suggested items

Light post with a small holographic billboard/Ads board.

Holographic signpost

Flying cars?

Animated conveyor belt flooring.

well that what I thought what is missing.

Celianna

Tileset artist
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Okay, to sum up the suggestions so far:

• More exterior tiles that aren't cities
  • Alien flora
  • Interior tiles for a spaceship
  • More decoration items like holograms and lights
I think that's do-able for a small add-on pack. Maybe throw in a spaceship for real.

GrandmaDeb

Modern Exteriors Posted!
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
You make me so greedy, Cel!

The Stranger

The Faceless Friend
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
British English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Really looking forward to it.

Fernyfer775

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
This pack is one of my favorites and I'm currently using it for my current project, so I'm really eager to see what else you add to it! :D

GolfHacker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
More like this?

science_lab_by_pinkfirefly-d8o6123.png

It's hard to make the walls 'rounded' when you're in this kind of perspective, so it's impossible to make things like a curved wall, especially in autotile form.

Sure, like a small space colony of some sorts. The original set was definitely meant for cities, not for anything else, really.
You're right, it is hard to do rounded walls in RPG Maker's perspective. However, the addition of a few key graphics could give the illusion of roundedness to the walls and floors you've already got.

Here's a pinterest board I found that has some space station interiors:

https://www.pinterest.com/kevster182/space-station/

Here are some ideas I got while looking at this board:

1) Rounded "flood" door:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/309904018082569391/

In a corridor that runs up and down on the screen, place one of these every 10-12 tiles or so. Walking through these might make the hallway feel less square.

2) Intermittent "curved wall sections":

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/309904018082577652/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/309904018082577629/

Looking at the right side of the 2nd picture, you see a curved wall section next to a flat screen on the wall. The entire wall section that the flat screen hangs on could be flat instead of curved at the top and bottom. Alternating the flat and curved sections along the hallway would allow you to see the cross-section of the curved wall. Again, this would really only work for halls that run up and down on the screen, but by alternating flat walls and curved wall sections that "stick out" away from the flat wall, you could give the illusion of a curved passageway.

3) Angled wall sections:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/309904018082577609/

This too would be for halls that run up and down on the screen, though you could do a similar graphic for the horizontal walls. Technically the horizontal wall would still look flat; however, seeing the angle on the vertical walls might trick the mind into interpreting the horizontal wall the same way.

4) Windows!

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/309904018082577648/

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/309904018082577552/

Ultimately, the only way to establish a spaceship or space station setting is to provide windows that can look outside into space. Individual wall sections that contain a window and larger windows that span multiple wall sections would both be needed.

Each of these wall pieces could be built to match the futuristic graphics you've already created.

Mettool

Weenie Hut Jr.
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Up/Down Stairs tiles.

I usually just patch them in from elsewhere, but it would be nice to just have a single tile and not fiddle around with making ladders instead!

Wavelength

MSD Strong
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
First of all I want to say that your Futuristic Tiles pack is easily my favorite graphical pack I've ever gotten for RPG Maker, with Rural Tiles being the only other one that holds a candle to it as far as quality and versatility.  You did an awesome job with it and I'm thrilled to see you want to go even further!

Here's what I'd personally love to see added.  I think a few of these suggestions have already been made by others as well:

• Multiple directions for everything.  A lot of my "modern" maps (which I used your Futuristic Tiles to make) ended up oriented with everything facing downward as a result of a lot of objects and machinery in sets B-C-D not including reverse or sideways versions.  Most notably, the train/monorail graphic is only drawn in one direction, meaning that I had to make a really ugly tile-based train of my own when I wanted it to orient vertically!  I know you mentioned this would take a lot of space, but I'd rather have extra-long tilesets or even multiple tilesets that I have to mix and match rather than be at a lack for 4 directions.
  • Robot characters!  A few nice ones and a few nasty ones would go a long way towards establishing the futuristic setting.
  • Spaceship characters - A few simple spaceship character graphics that would be at home in a space shooter, etc., doesn't need to be anything too complicated but would give us something to work with for space battles.
  • More tiles for Shops - Both exterior and interior.  Display cases with objects inside, machinery you'd expect to see in a shop, simple modern flooring, etc.  There are a few nice finds for shops in Set C but not nearly enough to support an entire game's worth of shops.
  • Vehicle Interiors - Specifically, tiles that would look good for the inside of your train, and interior for a spaceship.  Seats, windows, doors, machinery, those areas between train-cars...
  • Alien/Extraterrestrial Tiles - Tiles that would feel at home on an undeveloped or developed other world.  Alien mushrooms, hive cities, Mars-like terrain, etc.  I think it was smart of you to focus on "cities" in your first Futuristic pack, but an expansion/second set begs for stuff like this.
  • Extras - Would be really cool if you partnered with other talented people to add some extras into your pack and really make it a "one stop shop" for Futuristic resources; it could be a really good selling point.  As examples, Aaron Krogh or Joel Steudler could produce a half-dozen futuristic BGMs, Timmeh could do animation sheets for things like teleportation and laser-beams, and Jesse/PVGames could make ten background pics of space scenes, starfields, and modern cities.
By the way, the hologram tiles look awesome!

metronome

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English (Sure!)
Primarily Uses
First of all, we gonna need to define which kind of "futuristic" we are talking about it. It is subjective, so I would suggest that if we are going to expand the futuristic tileset next time, we are going to name it differently, instead of just "futuristic" tileset. May be something like..."Alien Tileset", "Robotic Tileset", "Spaceship Tileset"....

Hologram, flying car, robots could be added into character set instead of tileset, not to mention that hologram are usually be better animated in stepping animated event...right?

There should be escalator, super modern/futuristic transportation (such as train) interior, futuristic shop interior and exterior, futuristic lighting, more variation of electrical, plumbing, and generator machines for tileset expansion IMO.

We are not talking about character set/spritesheet aren't we? just tileset, right?

Mihel

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
Primarily Uses
I second multiple directions for everything, vehicle interiors and escalators. I'd also like glass lifts and a more varied colour palette, not the usual greyscale+blue.

And what about futuristic ships? Not spaceships, just actual marine vehicles.

EternalShadow

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I second multiple directions for everything, vehicle interiors and escalators. I'd also like glass lifts and a more varied colour palette, not the usual greyscale+blue.

And what about futuristic ships? Not spaceships, just actual marine vehicles.
Like in Mass Effect?

That'd be cool, actually. Motorbikes, pods, teleport stations, ziplines, etc.

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
First of all, we gonna need to define which kind of "futuristic" we are talking about it. It is subjective, so I would suggest that if we are going to expand the futuristic tileset next time, we are going to name it differently, instead of just "futuristic" tileset. May be something like..."Alien Tileset", "Robotic Tileset", "Spaceship Tileset"....

Hologram, flying car, robots could be added into character set instead of tileset, not to mention that hologram are usually be better animated in stepping animated event...right?

There should be escalator, super modern/futuristic transportation (such as train) interior, futuristic shop interior and exterior, futuristic lighting, more variation of electrical, plumbing, and generator machines for tileset expansion IMO.

We are not talking about character set/spritesheet aren't we? just tileset, right?
Well, since "we" are not doing any of the work, I think it's really up to Celianna how things are labeled/organized/etc. :p

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

V1.3 of Demo, a new concept artist on the team, character voices are coming into light more... I'm happy to say that the fangame is making good progress.
Ami
--- Stolen Item ---

M.Figher: I want to sell this Stone
Fence: Then...i can buy you 1500G
M.Figher: It's Deal!
(3 Days Later)
F.Fighter: M.Figher,Do you know about Stone that Mayor keep it in his Office? It's missing
M.Figher: Ahh,is that so... (Actually,i Stole it and Sell it to the Fence a few Days ago)
I've spent some cash on foley and other sound effects. I wonder sometimes if I made a poor choice, but I remember that I really want to improve the sound of my games. n...n; My frugalness haunts me sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLateNight98