ave36

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Russian
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I repurposed Luck as "Wisdom". It is the attribute that determines the effectiveness of White Magic (healing spells). My game has a class based mechanic that can be altered by junctioning Avatars (summons). If you junction an Avatar, you gain a small spell repertoire if you didn't have it before or it becomes wider if you already had a spell list. So a character who is not a White Mage or Paladin can access healing spells. However, only certain classes with high Wisdom are any good with healing spells.

bgillisp

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I used it as originally put in the engine but changed the modifier to be 1.4% per point of luck multiplicitative. It worked out to if your luck is 50 points more than the enemy it doubles your chance of the state landing which is big aside use 50% as the default chance for any luck based states.

Oddball

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
N/A
Using purley events (and maybe a script call) you can use luck to determine how likley a random encounter would take place
Or maybe you could use it for how likley you are to surprise enemies
Or, you could even use it for how likley a shop would be having a sale were you get items at a discounted price

Seacliff

RPG Maker Mastermind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Yes
Primarily Uses
RM2k
I repurpose it into a Charisma stat.
In my games, Charisma is how much MP is refunded to the player each time they kill an enemy.

I like the mechanic because it encourages logical management for who should kill the enemy. In games with allocating stats, it creates a split of two different types of mages, those with larger MP pools and can consistently cast magic until they run out, and those with low MP pools but high Charisma who can consistently cast magic as long as the player works alongside the mechanic.

I repurposed Luck as "Wisdom". It is the attribute that determines the effectiveness of White Magic (healing spells). My game has a class based mechanic that can be altered by junctioning Avatars (summons). If you junction an Avatar, you gain a small spell repertoire if you didn't have it before or it becomes wider if you already had a spell list. So a character who is not a White Mage or Paladin can access healing spells. However, only certain classes with high Wisdom are any good with healing spells.
This is a cool idea.
I like games where different classes rely on different stats for magic.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Almost 100,000 Threads! We should make a celebration. Make a 100K logo? :p
Cursed problem: Multiple language switches. Say, you want to switch to EN language from JP but you have no idea where the language switch in JP menu language.
Tonight I'm finally going to start putting the dungeons my team has made on grid paper into the engine. That's the final step of making the game world.
Yay! My new Doomsday machine..... er... "Heroic" machine is ready!
//pushes button :LZSexcite:
Uh oh what's that rumbling?!
// Game explodes :kaoback:
That's the fourth time this week! :kaolivid:
// Gets to work building next "Heroic" Machine. :LZSskeptic:
I was just reflecting back on an old project of mine. I was creating a Wizardry-like game but with a little more complexity. It was being made with RPG Maker VX Ace.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naht