What do you want to see in RPG Maker Unite?

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I found an article leading to a Steam page, and apparently RPG Maker Unite is releasing later this year. I've even added it to my Steam wishlist. Want proof? Here it is!
Honestly, this is a HUGE step forward for RPG Maker. The graphics almost look 3D, and so far, no sign of those weird chibi-looking animations. I do want to ask, however... what are some things you'd like to see in the new version of RPG Maker?
I personally want them to keep the frame animation feature that was added in MZ, which means you can use either the Effekseer animations or frame animations like in MV and older versions. I'd also love to see GIF image compatibility for certain images. Not for the characters and side view actors, but maybe for enemies and possibly title images, maybe even battlebacks! I'd also like that feature so it's easier to put a good animated jumpscare in my games (one of those games might get a Kickstarter too, but not confirmed yet).
Another feature I'd like to see is more unique tilesets available for purchase or download as DLC, or maybe even included. I'm stalling with the water park asset I asked @Starbird_Resources about, because that game is now going to be made in Unite. I see plenty of cities, churches, castles, forests, and whatnot, but we need something a little more unique. Like carnivals, water parks, and definitely more horror settings. I'm probably not the only one who wants stuff like that!
What about you? What kinds of things do you want to see in Unite? Are you excited for when an official release date finally comes? I'm watching avidly for updates in my email inbox...

jigida70

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I'm hoping it will be usable with other assets easily. I've been working in Unity and I've tried to find an RPG asset as intuitive as RPG Maker, and there isn't one. Being able to use the database alone would be enough for me. I'm really interested in seeing if I can make it work in VR. As long as the dialogue is able to be seen on a worldview canvas, it should be doable.

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I'm hoping it will be usable with other assets easily. I've been working in Unity and I've tried to find an RPG asset as intuitive as RPG Maker, and there isn't one. Being able to use the database alone would be enough for me. I'm really interested in seeing if I can make it work in VR. As long as the dialogue is able to be seen on a worldview canvas, it should be doable.

I agree, but unfortunately Japanese laws do apply as that is where RPG Maker was originally developed. Using the RPG Maker database in other programs would be nice, but I'm not sure it will be allowed.
Lucky for you, RPG Maker Unite is being made in the Unity Engine, the program you mentioned you were using!

Nenen

Unproven Storyteller
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I hope that the Outline system would be useful beyond what we know.
For Conversation trees, quest lines, etc.

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

Watch Studio Blue play Numina by starlit in our latest RPG Maker Games Critique stream starting NOW!

Wish me luck. One of the leading experts on certain false shuffle is going to check if my skill is good enough to be called "not total trash".
Not an RPG Maker Update but I'm happy to say that I finally passed my drivers written test. Which makes me a happy guy.
FWRu-cYXkAAAUbl
Have you ever been in such a luck streak you felt fear something was wrong?
I'm going to be adding in combat animations, revamping the UI and putting in a new cutscene this week, so this is your last chance to play the MC:RIS demo in its original form! Say you were there since the beginning! https://qos.itch.io/infinite-sadness

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
c100note