TheDrifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
1594606558397.png

I was testing a skill that deals both HP & MP damage in a test project when I noticed it dealing 15N7 MP damage...
Should technically be 15.5 MP, but round up or down to 16 or 15.

Just a bit confused why it says N7. Does anyone know why, and how to fix this?

Could this be caused from using Math.ceil or Math.max in a damage formula?
Thanks

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Show us your damage formula for that skill. Also what plugins are you using?

TheDrifter

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
I simplified it a bit for convenience, but the damage formula goes something along the lines of:
b.gainMp(-((Math.floor((Math.max(1, a.atk) * 1) * 20 * (a.level + 1) / 50) / 10))); Math.ceil((Math.max(1, a.atk) * 1) * 100 * (a.level + 1) / 50)

Test project only has...
YEP_CoreEngine v1.31 (font used is Cambria)
VE_BasicModule v1.23
VE_DamagePopup v2.04

I put the formula into the basic Spark skill that comes with the base project.
(Note: The enemy sprite is the Rat from RPG Maker VX, but the software is actually RPG Maker MV.)

If you replace the two Victor Engine plugins with YEP_BattleEngineCore, the damage will display as something like "15 7" instead of "15N7 MP".

Last edited:

Wavelength

Edge of Eternity
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
What it means is that your damage popup plugin is borked. It's possible that it's trying to show a decimal but there's no decimal point picture to draw from so the N (for "number") is being displayed as a fallback, but that's just my speculation.

I think Yanfly's Core Engine does include simple damage popups by default, so just turn off Victor's Basic Module and Damage Popup plugins, save, and try again. Most likely you will get a popup for MP that (correctly) doesn't produce an N. If that's the case, stop using Victor's plugin, and if you want a more artful way to show damage/healing than Yanfly's default popups, you can look into other plugins like Luna Engine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

And back. Trying to work online with no internet for 1.5 days was...interesting. I felt like a character in a old Sierra game trying to find internet due to all the hoops I had to jump through just to get online for work.
grief... if MV didn't have certain plugins already, I think I'd upgrade to MZ. seeing like 10 MV plugins in 1 MZ one is hilariously convenient lol.
Have you already checkes out my mapping tutorial on the blog? I would love to hear your feedback and things you'd like to see in the future!

one of character for my upcoming game idk how to design o_O

Designing patches that can 'augmented' to clothing based armor. Such good fun. A bit time consuming due to the need to create image displays, but the patches are limited so it's not too tiring.
Note: lol, posting this made me find a couple mistakes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PhilKeepItReal