What does Setup Need The Next Disk mean?

PlaYZone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Setup needs the next disk

Please insert Disk1 and click OK

1619037373677.png

mlogan

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV

I've moved this thread to Tech Support. Please be sure to post your threads in the correct forum next time. Thank you.

Where did you get your copy from? To my knowledge, - which could be wrong - MV has never been released on disk, therefore there is no reason you should be getting this message.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It could be that the installation wizard they used still has that window pop up automatically if it's missing files from the installer? o_O

The path name looks a little like it's looking for a file inside a zip file - if your installer was zipped, make sure you unzipped it into a folder before you try to run the installer.

If that's not the problem, I would suggest deleting your installer and re-downloading from the store or Steam. You did buy it from the store or Steam, right?

Last edited:

PlaYZone

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
[move]Tech Support[/move]
Where did you get your copy from? To my knowledge, - which could be wrong - MV has never been released on disk, therefore there is no reason you should be getting this message.
From "Express Zip File Compression". [Edit] Oh I got it working now

Last edited:

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

I hate doing voice over videos but people said they like hearing about the details.
Modern Town Overworld, World of Solaria Dungeon, 80's Retro-Futuristic Font | RPG Maker News #73

I been slowing down and not focusing on project currently.
I had this idea for VTubers vs MOTHER and its a bunch of Vtubers finding eight melodies to fight a psychic alien and a fat kid. IDK, kinda find it hard to use RPG Maker for more than 15 minutes
Working on some wizard/magic bases:
TestChara-10-hover.gif

I mean, technically it's a flying base but I haven't made any wings yet, so magic hovering is it for now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kingxjosh01