Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
in that case it could be that <computed> idea I had before seeing the erase command (before the edit add-on in the post I made).
or do you know how that part of the data structure is created? because it doesn't fit with the regular naming conventions of the default engine...
I think the <computed> is something to do with the obfuscation of the VS plugins, but I may be wrong. (whoops, didn't mean to double post, sorry)

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
OK the autosave allows me to reload after the battle is won and just before the error message.
It gets weirder. If I reload and I don't move, no error message. If I press to the right/bottom/up, no error message. If I press to the left, error. It's kinda baffling imo. Any clues?

EDIT: if I let a monster touch my party, enter the fight, win it, back to the map, same situation. Left triggers error, nothing else does.

EDIT2: it gets crazier, CTRL + left does not trigger the error. And then fixes it. Since I can press left again after pressing CTRL + left.

Maybe messing around in playtest mode (which I do a lot to bypass barriers etc) is vector of error messages?

Last edited:

Trihan

Speedy Scripter
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
If it doesn't happen when you use ctrl, it's almost certainly something to do with passability.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
It looks like it, although I don't recall getting the error very often at all when I was playing without using CTRL (a good thing in itself).
It seems more likely to happen when I play test with super speed and ctrl galore.
I do use region ruling, as offered by visu event core, if that gives any clue.

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I know it might sound trivial, but have you tried adding Visu plugin again to your plugin list?
Sometimes when you update from the previous version to the new one, old plugin parameters start conflicting with the new version.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I try to update each week yes.

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I try to update each week yes.
Then try adding the plugin to your list again so it refreshes its parameters and see if the problem persists. Do you load the old save when the issue occurs, or do you run a new game?

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
New game too. And yeah you have to refresh otherwise it won't let you start the game at all.

But I think that has something to do with CTRL.
I was abusing the hell out of it right now, to go through walls and stuff, and at super speed at that (6), and got the glitch without even entering a fight.
This seems connected to Visu Events Move.
Using regions to alter passabilities may also make things proner to errors, but I can't really be sure at this point.

On the other hand, it seems that playing normally (no CTRL, no super speed) gives very little chances to bump into errors (which is good, if that's true). Still would prefer to get the darn thing entirely eradicated... *shrugs*

Shaz

Global Moderators
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have not read through all of the posts, but I don't think that error is being triggered by that event.

I know I've seen "list" undefined when I have an event where the first page has a condition, and that condition is not met. The program is unable to allocate an active event page, but a number of plugins (including some I've written) don't cater for the possibility of there being an event with no active page.

See if you have any of those on the current map, and if you do, copy/paste the first page so pages 1 and 2 are identical, and then remove all conditions, event commands, sprites from page 1 and set it's trigger to action button - similar to the way it looks when you create a brand new event page. (You have to do it this way because RPG Maker doesn't allow you to insert a blank event page before page 1, or to drag the pages around to reorder them).

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
I can't do that kind of approach because it's actually completely random.
You can get it, reload with autosave, and bam, it's gone.
It also seems to be a very rare occurence in normal play. I got quite a lot of it when playtesting with CTRL and on a map using a lot of region passabilities (as defined in Visu Events plugins). It looks like avoiding CTRL entirely drastically reduces the chances of error messages but the sad part is that I don't think it decreases it to 0.

ATT_Turan

Forewarner of the Black Wind
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Then try adding the plugin to your list again so it refreshes its parameters
You can achieve this by just right-clicking the plugin and selecting Refresh.

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Following up on this.
I removed visu encounter effects and haven't been able to replicate the glitch so far. Granted there is the random factor but I went through 2 dungeons 3 times without a single problem. So it does seem linked to encounter effects.
Speaking of that, the only effect I was using was <following trigger>. So I think this is a path to explore maybe? But I don't have the tech skills to do it myself I'm afraid...

Nerine

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Polish
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Following up on this.
I removed visu encounter effects and haven't been able to replicate the glitch so far. Granted there is the random factor but I went through 2 dungeons 3 times without a single problem. So it does seem linked to encounter effects.
Speaking of that, the only effect I was using was <following trigger>. So I think this is a path to explore maybe? But I don't have the tech skills to do it myself I'm afraid...
Do you have any other plugin that can affect pathfinding or followers in any way?

Indinera

Indie Dev
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
French
Don't think so.
Also my latest attempt only removed encounter effect. Granted the random factor makes it difficult to be conclusive, but I didn't encounter the glitch going through countless fights.
I'll give it another run soon but I'd examine encounter effects if I had the knowledge. And specifically <following trigger> as it's the only command I used (and indeed all enemies have it).

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

Just released a new trailer for Manafinder! It's the TGS trailer! :D I'm very happy with the result!
sooo... im gonna go ahead and release all my game ideas on android as Beta. Everyone will be nice right? cause its Beta... right?...

AABS traps and heals (detail is below the YTB desc)
 I may actually have something I can put into the Boss Battle Build Bout by the time it’s due. It won’t be anything spectacular (or even great (and maybe not even good (I have no idea how to do combat (yay for nested parentheses)))), but I might have a submission none the less.
Today's my first login since Jan 2020. Time sure flies. Sorry to everyone's messages i missed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Moss-eater