Keegs

Bridge Monkey
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
What's your setup look like right now? For me it's my laptop on top of a laptop fan - without the fan even being on, only being used to prop up the PC at the very left edge of my small black walmart desk that was constructed terribly. Accompanied by two speakers sitting on the right side, a large mousepad beneath everything that covers the entire desk with my light up mouse. Oh yes and my phone below my touchpad - and wires almost everywhere.

What about you? Take a photo if you'd like.

ramza

Lunatic Coder
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
My PC sits on the floor next to the L shaped desk, which has my 27 inch monitor in the center of the short leg of the L, with the keyboard in and mouse in front of it, several USB hard drives behind it, and my speakers flanking either side of it. On the right corner, a smaller (19 inch?) monitor sits in front of a gigabit network switch that gives internet to all the stuff on my desk. There's an HDMI switch in between the two monitors, and a USB hub hidden in there too. Sitting on the base of the small monitor is my VitaTV (or playstation TV if you prefer), which is currently disconnected from power because the power was going wonky in here a few weeks back and I never bothered to plug it back in after.
Further down the long side of the desk is my Nintendo switch, and then further down again is my PS4, both of which are plugged into the previously mentioned HDMI switch. The desk in between the smaller monitor and the PS4 is buried in various controllers, cables, and docking stations for said controllers.

The floor under the desk is a mess of power cables, power strips, and extension cords.

Nightblade50

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English, French
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have a cheap, small folding table with a laptop on it. There's a wireless mouse off to the side on a mouse pad, and I've got my laptop cord plugged in. That's it, really. Not very fancy.

richter_h

Eh? Sweetroll?
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Indonesian
Primarily Uses
N/A
In recent years I've found myself working on my desktop rather than my laptop, especially in times when the pandemic is still a thing. My desktop setup is not actually a strong one since it's still using old parts; a mid-tier PC rig with a single monitor on top of a desk, along with a small keyboard, mouse, and a pen tablet at the side. No speakers apparently, since I'm a full-timer headphone user.

On top of that, my "workspace" is usually messy with a plastic bottle, coffee mug, and papers scattered here and there. I kept the cables hidden and slightly organized, though.

h0tWalker

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Norwegian
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
This is my current setup.
5MfUZh0.jpg
Two monitors, a headset stand barely visible to the left, a wireless phone charger and a speaker. Screen cleaning and compressed air for cleaning the setup. RGB has always been important, and as I spend a ton of time in front of the computer, a trusty air purifier next to it. Especially handy when we're stuck inside :D

Slightly messy on the right, and storage below the desk to the left cause its a small apartment ; - ;

Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I have... 0 setup, haha. I have my laptop balanced on the arm of the chair on a lap tray. That might change soon, since I'm moving out at the end of the month.

I dunno though, I've gotten really used to never sitting at a desk.

Fauxworks

Feelin foxy
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RM2k3
Big folding table with a monitor and switch on it next to a taiko drum. Pc is on the floor

JDevain

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I have a $60,000 desktop built by some friends of mine at NASA, with a supercooling system that takes up about a quarter of the room. It's so cold in here that I have to wear a special suit and breath through a heated tube made of nano-particles. I have quadruple monitors and an octophonic surround sound system that my home owner's association describes as "loud", "scary", and "possibly illegal". I don't know what my computer's clock speed is, because there hasn't yet been a device made that's capable of measuring it.

I still have massive lag problems.

Last edited:

knightron

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
Have you tried quitting Chrome?

RachelTheSeeker

Suddenly, a summer breeze...
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Worn-down computer desk that's probably got black mold, and needs a replacement from Ikea. Drawer containing pencils, pens and other goodies. Dell gaming desktop. Big ol' monitor. Off-brand Xbox One controller in USB slot. Cheap Bluetooth speaker. Random junk atop desk. Behind the screen, an old wooden chair that I'd like to replace with a wheely office one. Behind that, old sofa. Under it, rug.

This is where I spend like 70% of my life these days. I should get a little lamp for nighttime stuff, no?
RachelsRig.jpg

Touchfuzzy

Rantagonist
Staff member
Lead Eagle
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMZ
I need to redo my cable management. I had it nice and neat but I kept having to move my laptop for some other stuff and then forgot to straighten it all back out afterwards.

160306072_453614195988720_4148683635980855136_n.png

It's just a folding table. My wife and I both work from home, so she has another folding table just on the other side of that. You can see her lamp and mug full of crochet hooks and the to do list she has up.

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

I'm very happy and I want everyone to be happy too, so I decided to share this song about the end of the world! :biggrin:
I just booked a spot for my COVID vaccine today. I am just waiting to see when they can get me in. I'll be so happy when I don't have to be paranoid about the virus anymore. I'm also thinking about moving to Atlanta, Georgia, Denver, Colorado, or Houston, Texas in the far future. Maybe once my channel gets off the ground.
Went to get a haircut today, and the lady cut my hair too short... Well I suppose with the pandemic I'm not going out a lot, but it still feels a bit uncomfortable.
For real, they didn't tell me anything about THAT dragon bomber before. It could be the greatest invention since sliced bread, that's for sure!
Random Thought: Team Visustella has become the Power Rangers of RPG Maker, and Yanfly is their Zordon.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gujuji