Ragpuppy87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I've seen several plugins for "Doodads" and have spotted the word floating around the forums.

What exactly are they? How are they used? Does my project need them? Am I missing out on something amazing?

I've used RPG Maker for over a year now and thought I knew what everything was at this point.

BK-tdm

Manga Maker
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This pretty much.

A plugin system to add decorations/any tile/sprite you want (and have to make separately in pre defined structured folders) to your maps that can be scaled, tinted, set on or off the grid and on whatever layer you want (same height as player, below player or above player), its pretty good and helps make the maps more lively but it can only be used in-game and as a downside you will have to define your collisions with another plugin and planning ahead as said decorations will not show on your engine editor.

Ragpuppy87

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hmm... Interesting. I'll have to play around with this a bit.
Thanks!

definite_lee

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
Doodads are great! They're a total game changer in my opinion. You can even have animated doodads. We use them to have animated grass and flowers in our game. And they're more lightweight than event images. I recommend learning it!

Bex

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
German
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This Plugin looks awesome!

Shaz

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doodads are just images that you place without using the editor, so they are not constrained to the 48x48 tile grid.

Raths Rants

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
This pretty much.

A plugin system to add decorations/any tile/sprite you want (and have to make separately in pre defined structured folders) to your maps that can be scaled, tinted, set on or off the grid and on whatever layer you want (same height as player, below player or above player), its pretty good and helps make the maps more lively but it can only be used in-game and as a downside you will have to define your collisions with another plugin and planning ahead as said decorations will not show on your engine editor.
Why is this not built into RPG Maker, it would be such a game changer!

k_mckenzie

Fey.Earth
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Doodads bring me two forms of joy:
  • They make the game look nicer because it defies the grid;
  • And they also give me something new to add every play test! :yswt:
I can handle run #84 of the fire cave, as long as I can leave a brand-new pyre in the middle of a lava pool...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

So dragonbones getting laggy xD
I even removed the fingers armatures.

Have to remake this guy after crashing ( corrupted file).
:rtear:

Although limited to only this shop for room decorations, I like this aspect for previewing items.
So yesterday I got a follower (follow my NSFW art account) who dmed me and said to me :
if you continue to be friends with [name of the artists] which make me uncomfortable I will have to unfollow and I am like :
... do it?
Did I add too many?? Is there such a thing?

Rabbit's Shop I've been reworking. Still some dated graphics but 99% satisfied I think.:kaophew:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyles85