What files do I need to create a new hairstyle from scratch?

rickecan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey, guys!
I'm going to try to create a new hairstyle from scratch and I just wanted to see if anyone could help me figure out the list of files I would need to create.
I've been trying to explore the Generator folder, but I couldn't come to a conclusion about it.
Could anyone help me out?
Thank you!

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi! Are you asking where to find files to use for example or where to put the files after you're done?
Either way, you can place them in the Generator folder. I believe you can right click the RPG Maker and Open File Location. Otherwise, (for steam) it's in the Steam folder. You can find it by Properties, then Local Files. For the one that isn't on steam, I believe it's in a different folder, but it should be in one of the program folders labeled either "RPG Maker" or the company's name. I don't quite remember, sorry.

rickecan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hi!
No, I actually know where to find the examples and I know where to put the files by putting them together with the ones that are similar to them.
My problem is that I can't pin point which files correspond specifically to a single hairstyle. I've been trying to figure this out by examining the file names but couldn't.
That's what I would like to be certain of to make sure that my work from scratch will work.
I hope I could explain myself better now. And thank you for your reply!

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
It's no problem! Let me see if I can help. Two heads are better than one, as they say hehe.
I remember when I used Generator a lot, I believe I would need to tweak and adjust the numbers to get them to fit, I do believe. You were in MV, right?

If you look at the Generator files (them TV), they are seperated into Rear and Front hair. Those are separated into normal and color. You can look at your existing files and copy the game, but increase the numbers accordingly. The color one ends with a "_c". Does this help?

rickecan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Yes, I'm using MV.
Yes, I understand what you're saying about the TV folder and my mind has been blown with the normal and color files hehe
But I tried to cherry pick a specific hairstyle from every folder (rear hair p01), but either they didn't match - as in they weren't all the same hairstyle - or I wasn't able to correctly identify them.
I've attached the files I found.
So my new questions are: does a specific hairstyle have specific files in every folder in Generator? If so, do they follow a file name pattern? And also, how many files total (considering every folder in Generator) are necessary to correctly add a new hairstyle to RMMV?
Sorry about the wall of text (and questions haha), but this is driving me crazy! haha

Attachments

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Don't apologize for the questions or the wall of text! :kaoluv:The more information, the better.
You are missing some files, though. TV_Rear has another file for the Down, Right, and Left (TV_RearHair2...). FG_Rear has another file with the bulk of the hair (FG_RearHair2...).
For the questions, yes, yes and I believe there's 10, but I haven't messed with the Generator in a while and this is just a quick glance. Let me know if you're still having problems.

EDIT: Sorry for the random pictures. I'm a newbie to the forums. I looked and the p01 doesn't appear to have a color for TV_RearHair2, but I think they're supposed to.

Attachments

rickecan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, darn it! This is confusing! lol
I'm kind of in a rush right now, but I'll give it another shot later.
Will keep you posted. haha
Thank you very much!

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh, darn it! This is confusing! lol
I'm kind of in a rush right now, but I'll give it another shot later.
Will keep you posted. haha
Thank you very much!
No problem! I wish you the best of luck! :kaoluv:

rickecan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So, just for the update: I found a friend who has quite a bit of experience with RMMV and we dove deep into the Generator files and things finally make sense. haha
Thank you very much for your trouble!

rickecan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Hey guys,
Just bringing this back up because I'm under the impression that for the face image we don't need specific files to have the hair color change in software, and I'd just like to see if anyone knows that for sure to confirm.
Thanks!

fluffymonster

She's So FLUFFY!
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
I don't see any color variants for faces (for hair), so that appears to be true.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that one is mostly before or inside the files folder to get those.
but the best generator (ersonal) is to use the base and built it up in photoshop,
krita or gimp (last 2 are free) because you can use much more colors that in the edior itself.
it might be more work, but looks better.

as for the files, take one from the folder, edit it and name it properly.
if you end with the number 37, go further on 38 or the engine wont pick it up
if you choose 200 for example. make sure the numbers go up where it left off.

rickecan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Thank you very much, guys!

rickecan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
that one is mostly before or inside the files folder to get those.
but the best generator (ersonal) is to use the base and built it up in photoshop,
krita or gimp (last 2 are free) because you can use much more colors that in the edior itself.
it might be more work, but looks better.
I'm sorry, I'm not quite sure I´ve got what you mean in the beginning here.

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
to change color, suits, shoes, armor etc is better in one of those software, because its impossible
to use more color variations not doable in the editor.

Like cruevila the vil of something in 101 domation, black and white hair. you can only do that
in the software not editor. same thing for armor, what about black vest and red sparklings?
or multi colored diamonds? so to speak?

rickecan

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Oh ok, got it now!
Thank you!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Posts

Latest Profile Posts

does there exist a word for a state of being that is between "living" and (not "dead", but ...) "not living" .... does that make sense, or do I just sound like Im high for something :[ ?
Hope you are all fine today~
Moderators, you must have so much patience to be able to deal with everything. I mod in a server of sorts and today we just got a message, which, despite it's helpful constructive criticism, basically stated that all of the mods were jerks and that was the only reason our server was unlikeable. So, thank you, for having patience. You are appreciated! :kaoluv:
Haired slime? Trying some different styles of art. Maybe I can make some resources with this new kind of painting.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brassykibbles