watermark

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
So it's looking likely I will be attending GDC at San Francisco in March, and we should be putting up a booth. I hear it's more effective if we give out free stuff. So what kind of free stuff do you usually like to get? Any good ideas? If you've attended conferences, anything that's worked well for you in the past?

The usual line up includes:
- T-shirts
- mugs
- pens
- bags
- flyers
- mouse pads

Last edited:

ShadowDragon

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
anything usefull for the dev's :)

FluffexStudios

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
Stickers and pins are cheap to make in bulk and could be effective in advertising your product.

Conflictx3

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
As a dev/ writer I love a good notepad/notebook

But the best advice I got about swag is get something creative that has to do with your project it isnt that hard, for example you can customize generic energy drinks/juice to look like the potion in item in your game. Or if your MC is a heavy drinker get shot glasses.

but More ideas are:
Popsockets for phones
Lanyards
posters
Chips (seriously, humans kill for a free bag of chips)

Hirei

Veteran
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMVXA
I love notepad/pens/stickers personally.

Posters imo while they look cool, they take up a lot of space and some people can't take them on planes.

Finnuval

World (his)story builder and barrel of ideas
Veteran
Reaction score
First Language
Dutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
T-shirts tend to be costly but effective if ppl really like the design and help promote your game in a more long-term way.

Pens are the most basic and in my opinion least interesting option.

Mugs, stickers, mousepads, bags all have the same effectiveness.
Chips or drinks Also tend to go over well, but are discarded when finished so have no long-term value.

Anything that ppl can display (no matter how small) Also tends to go over well. This can be anything from a small figurine to an art-print, etc.

That's my two cents anyway xD

MushroomCake28

KAMO Studio
Global Mod
Reaction score
First Language
English
Primarily Uses
RMMV
That's a hard question. As a customer I hate it when people give me free physical stuff (unless it's food) because I'm kinda immune to marketing so I see it more as additional stuff I have to carry to just throw away later.

I honestly think a big screen with flashy/vivid colors and animations is way more effective at attracting people, or having a very cool and unique prototype that catches the eye.

JosephSeraph

White Mage
Restaff
Reaction score
First Language
Portuguese
I kinda love mugs. If they're reasonable quality (ie don't make them plastic) and have a stylish, even if simple, design, I will love them.
Conversely I kinda hate shirts and any shirt I end up getting for free will be delegated to being worn at home at best, being shred and using for cleaning on average, and just being discarded with fuming hatred if you dare to give me one of those terrible synthetic sweaty polyester shirts (i can get a nice(ly torn) second hand 100% cotton shirt for like $1 to stay at home, why would i want to torture myself with sweaty polyester while playing human billboard for you)

but yeah IDK, a nice mug with a cool design will likely be on display inside my pantry or be used in my daily life a lot. If it's a game I wind up liking, i'll be very happy about it and the fact I have the mug will keep my memory on the game fresh so I always think of it. I say that may be the most effective item for me, in partiicular.

joepmeloen

Villager
Reaction score
First Language
Deutch
Primarily Uses
RMMV
Print alot of cups and fill it with coffee, pop-soda or anythingelse people need to drink and so the cups are spread widely across the event when they are free, and a little top secret marketing:
Give every cup a unique number to give a raffle 3 to 5 times a day for a give-away, so people need to return to your stand and they need to hold the cup in their hand all day, because it is dirty because of the drinks and they don't want to put it in their pockets or bags, soon every one sees everyone holding your cups...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest Threads

Latest Profile Posts

It seems like this is going to be another remote semester. RIP.
I don't like linear gear progression in games. I'd like to see more gear be useful from start to finish. This is also true for skills. I also like finding overpowered gear, and don't enjoy games that are too balanced.
Framework is getting closer to completion. Adding more QoL changes for users.
I'm very excited with DE:VOID! And FYI Darkness of Hope - The Pocket Watch in development, so please be excited!
The more I look at the QPlugins... The more I am amazed at what they can do. Which I'm not going to lie is pretty awkward, because I already consider them far and away the best plugins MV has to offer. :kaoback:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrRenato